Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2023, 17:06   #106

Re: Marine 12v air conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qismat View Post
We have a mabru unit and a non-mabru "mabru" unit from China. The mabru unit has been running for probably 1000+ hours and still going. Other one less hours as it's newer, but same. They're great. Take a lot less power than 115v units.
Care to share any info on the Chinese brand? Perhaps a link?
mvweebles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:46   #107

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvweebles View Post
Care to share any info on the Chinese brand? Perhaps a link?
If you look on Alibaba, you can find the factory and their options for 12v, 24v, and 48v.
Old 06-04-2023, 18:17   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Johnson View Post
If you look on Alibaba, you can find the factory and their options for 12v, 24v, and 48v.
Alibaba serves over 10-million businesses who in turn serve over 1.2-billion customers. Was hoping for a bit more specific pointer than "here's the haystack - there's a needle out there somewhere." But thanks
Old 06-04-2023, 20:29   #109

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

There aren't many options for "12v boat air conditioner" if you took the time to look. And one shows/is obviously the factory that makes Mabru.

Mabru is a good company with good technical assistance. I'm not going to assist further than that to take away their business.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:32   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Johnson View Post
There aren't many options for "12v boat air conditioner" if you took the time to look. And one shows/is obviously the factory that makes Mabru.

Mabru is a good company with good technical assistance. I'm not going to assist further than that to take away their business.
Understood, but I have to ask, why bother contributing to a post asking for help? A bit passive aggressive, no? In a way, you're assigning a value of $0 to Mabru tech/customer support: if someone were aware of a cheaper alternative (minus support), the choice would be obvious. Which is good to know - no reason to spend extra $$$ on Mabru.
Old 27-04-2023, 04:55   #111

On eBay there is a new 12v unit for sale.
Search marine breeze 12v
RiverFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2023, 12:19   #112

Boat: 1982 Beneteau First 42'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverFun View Post
On eBay there is a new 12v unit for sale.
Search marine breeze 12v

Anyone tried these? Or any of the alibaba units?
My late Dad's boat. So many great memories in the Keys/Bahama. Currently trying to figure out how we can continue the adventure without him. ISO of inexpensive wet storage and someone to teach the systems on the boat
Enyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:02   #113
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Bertram 28 FBC

There are many companies that have offered 12v options but I have yet to see one that is as good as ours. I looked up that ebay unit and see that they are rating it at 8,000BTU, no branding, and they are claiming over 40A draw @ 12v which is what we see on our 12,000BTU unit. At the end of the day, I maintain that Mabru is the most experienced with the 12v units and we worked hard to make this unit as reliable and efficient as possible. Others look similar but are not the same.
B28_Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:14   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by B28_Majic View Post
There are many companies that have offered 12v options but I have yet to see one that is as good as ours. I looked up that ebay unit and see that they are rating it at 8,000BTU, no branding, and they are claiming over 40A draw @ 12v which is what we see on our 12,000BTU unit. At the end of the day, I maintain that Mabru is the most experienced with the 12v units and we worked hard to make this unit as reliable and efficient as possible. Others look similar but are not the same.
The ebay one is $2200 shipped. How much is the Mabru? What makes the Mabru better?
Old 01-06-2023, 13:57   #115
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Bertram 28 FBC

Quote:
The ebay one is $2200 shipped. How much is the Mabru? What makes the Mabru better?
I have not taken the unit and tested it to go greatly into detail on the differences. Our SC7DC unit is $5,330.00 at this time which includes a color touch digital display, remote air sensor, display cable, water pump">raw water pump, and duct adapter.

All of our units are tested in the USA and designed /supported by Mabru who has been working on marine air conditioning since 1983. Our evaporators are copper rather than aluminum and our condensers are 1 piece B30 rather than the likely max B10 on that unit.

Consumption on our unit is about 430W at full speed with the circulation pump vs 490W on the ebay unit and i'm not sure if that is counting the pump.

Another important note is warranty. Our units carry a two year warranty vs what seems to be no warranty on the ebay one.
B28_Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 02:36   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by B28_Majic View Post
I have not taken the unit and tested it to go greatly into detail on the differences. Our SC7DC unit is $5,330.00 at this time which includes a color touch digital display, remote air sensor, display cable, raw water pump, and duct adapter.

All of our units are tested in the USA and designed /supported by Mabru who has been working on marine air conditioning since 1983. Our evaporators are copper rather than aluminum and our condensers are 1 piece B30 rather than the likely max B10 on that unit.

Consumption on our unit is about 430W at full speed with the circulation pump vs 490W on the ebay unit and i'm not sure if that is counting the pump.

Another important note is warranty. Our units carry a two year warranty vs what seems to be no warranty on the ebay one.
Thank you. Would also note the ebay unit states it is not charged with freon.
Old 28-06-2023, 19:43   #117

Boat: Leopard 46

Quote:
Alibaba serves over 10-million businesses who in turn serve over 1.2-billion customers. Was hoping for a bit more specific pointer than "here's the haystack - there's a needle out there somewhere." But thanks
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2ee24804Ku8jZJ

I am getting a quote 12V DC for 2x 7000BTU and 1x 12000BTU (including 3x strainer and DC12V brushless water pump) for 4,300 USD shiiping to NZ included.
Mrichardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2023, 18:24   #118

Boat: Leopard 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrichardin View Post
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2ee24804Ku8jZJ

I am getting a quote 12V DC for 2x 7000BTU and 1x 12000BTU (including 3x strainer and DC12V brushless water pump) for 4,300 USD shiiping to NZ included.
By the way it seems that Dometic as filled a complain (only in the USA though, so not a real issue) against Mabru and HopeWell China for some tarrif breach:
https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ublic-interest

So it seems to me that Dometic has indeed identified Hopewell as the Mabru factory.

Any feedback from people using the Hopewell DC air cond. ?
Mrichardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 14:55   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I bit the bullet and ordered one of the 12v small Rigid models. Shipping was outrageous but total price with thermostat was $850 shipped.

I'll get it and install in a couple of months. Our expectations are low. 1-2c temp drop with corresponding drop in humidity would be worth it to us. We should be able to handle the amp hour draw overnight without too much difficulty
have you finally install this one? what is your experience? Thanks
Iceblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 19:20   #120

Boat: R&C Leopard 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceblue View Post
have you finally install this one? what is your experience? Thanks
Yes, it works as advertised but 1500 btu/hr isn't enough for any practical purposes. Maybe a tiny cabin with one adult it might be enough.

We have since swapped to Mabru 12000 btu/hr and they are amazing, but at a much higher price point.

Tags
air conditioning, marine