Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2024, 15:50   #46
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Lithium Bank Voltage Drop.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
This confirms my initial suspicions that we are talking about voltage drop, not voltage sag in the cells.

I am not sure if the cell terminals are available to measure against or only the 12V terminals. Let me read back before continuing… okay, it is Eve cells so terminals are accessible and there is a 4p4s configuration.

Measure each 4p cell block voltage under load.

Yeah I did measure each cell block and three were almost identical (within 5 mV) and one was 23mV higher than the lowest one.

Re Captainrivet - I did not use an IR heat Gun just my hands and it was all cool to touch - felt the same as when no current running through it and I also only ran the test for about 5 mins. 260A Will be the max that the batteries should see, unless the other half forgets again

When I get some time I will test again
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 18:33   #47

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Lithium Bank Voltage Drop.....

Yep and if the admiral forgets it and runs almost 600A without you realizing it that will cause massive issues till a fire with your current setup.

Suggest to find a way to limit the output of inverter eg by putting cooking top and toaster on same 230V 16A fuse, so the fuse trips if you wanna pull more then 260A.
What cell block is at 23mV, positive or negative block or the middle? Looks like you already got an imbalance.
Pull more current like 350A for about 5 min and check once per minute that 23mV block every cell with an IR temp gun.
You don't feel 5 or 10 degrees different by hand, it won't be the busbar but the cell studs/nut.
Recheck the torque of the nuts on the busbars.
Suggest you make a foto of your battery and post it.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium