Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-02-2023, 03:59   #1

DC to DC charger - not needed for boats with proper alternators.

I'm thinking that these DC DC chargers are just there for boats with alternators that cannot handle running at full output.

Thats ok I guess, but for boats with high quality industrial large frame alternators then they don't need them and they can put their full charge into lithium without wasting their time and money on these compromise devices.

I see now that Battleborn has some funny shaped green device that they are promoting that gives your alternator a rest every 20 minutes.

Really, instead of this and these DC to DC chargers should we not be promoting decent high quality fit for purpose alternators first??
Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator, boat, charger, rope