Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Other
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2024, 11:20   #1

Re: Clothes for sailing in Thailand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philaw View Post
I'm going to Phuket for my first sailing experience at the weekend and can't wait! Could anyone please tell me what you wear in that climate? I feel like on an open boat, day sailing, the sun will be my biggest enemy and getting badly burnt would spoil my trip. I've bought a big bottle of factor 50 and a hat, and am deliberating over one of those daft 'sun shirt' plastic jackets, but also feel like any old long sleeves might do.

Any other packing tips would be welcome.

Cheers!
How would you dress for a windy hike on a mountain above the treeline? It's basically the same but you need to factor in the potential for sea spray.

I usually sail wearing long cargo pants/trousers and a long sleeved t shirt or collared shirt and sailing gloves and a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses. This minimizes the need for sunscreen and protects your hands from getting rough.

I wear deck shoes with flat soles to minimize trips and slips and I have waterproof boots and clothing if things get wet.

Hope you enjoy!
SomeGuyInaShirt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing, Thailand