Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2022, 09:47   #10

Boat: Spindrift 43
Re: FireFly Battery Long Term Users - Speakup

I bought my 4 G31 Fireflys in 2019 and found out last month they are dead.
Tested every battery and tried individual recovery charges as per Firefly's requirements for warranty but none of them recovered. My Fireflys were installed according to the parameters set by Firefly when I bought them in 2019 and treated VERY well. Magnum MS2812 charger was set exactly as directed by Firefly. The batteries were mounted under a settee in our pilothouse. The charger is mounted nearby but well insulated away from the batteries. I attached a series of fans that would run if the temperature near the batteries ever went over 70f just in case.

We live aboard but haven't been off the dock much in the past year so they haven't been DEEPLY discharged in quite awhile which seems to be a common issue here. I tried calling Firefly to discuss warranty possibilities but all voicemail boxes were full and their emergency extension disconnects the call. Noticed last week their webpage is no longer up.

If you have these batteries and have been connected to shore power for an extended period PLEASE test them before heading out for a trip.
nwesterne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery