Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2015, 11:08   #1

Any experience with the new high capacity 400W plus solar panels?

Im wondering if anyone has experience using the new high capacity 400 W and above solar panels. Much of what I have read on this site deals with the lower powered and older panels. The posts on this forum have been fantastic and it has been a tremendous help in learning all of the inns and outs of configuring an efficient and workable solar solution for boats. I want to thank the solar boating pioneers for the hard work in trail blazing in this field. Being one who likes to learn from those who have already experimented rather than learning the hard way it would be highly instructive to learn about use of the latest hardware in particular the higher powered panels and why we are about it any thoughts and info on the latest controllers and other new interfaces would be appreciated.

I know a lot of people are using older gear with 100W panels. What I want to do is configure the baddest most powerful solar array on the cat as can be humanly possible. And then capture as much of that juice as humanly possible without turning my boat into a flaming inferno.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, panels, solar, solar panels