Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2007, 12:59   #76
DtM

I am slightly taller than you and I have no headroom problem.
The cockpit and the saloon have the same floor height and the entry is easy.
I can even stand full height in the shower !!
Old 26-04-2007, 07:12   #77

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
Vilanomark,
My Mahe has just been completed and I'm awaiting shipping. I'm entertaining doing the same trip that Jean is now taking. I noticed that your from St Augustine Florida. I'll be keeping my boat in Cocoa Florida. If your interested in seeing her when she arrives, let me know and I'll keep you posted on her delivery.
Old 27-04-2007, 03:18   #78

Scott, that would be great...thank you. I would like to see it. When do you think you might get her?
Old 27-04-2007, 05:40   #79

Mark
Well that is the 64 million dollar question, I'm dealing with my broker now, I'm hoping for the end of May. If you've never gone through this process of buying a new boat from "across the pond" and are considering it, let me say that it is a long and sometimes tiresome process. I'm on the final leg and it has been 12 months since I signed the contract. You have to have REAL tolerance as well as want the boat very badly.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:45   #80

Boat: Alura 30
We just got back from Guadeloupe with our new Mahe.we did 1500 Miles in 2 weeks in all kind of weather from nice to not so nice.Very happy with the boat,our autopilot died on us in the virgin island,so the rest of the trip was all hand steering,average speed was 7 to 9 with top at 14Knots....I will post pictures as soon as I can.JC.
Old 11-05-2007, 20:51   #81
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Cocoa

Scott

Sounds like you're going to be very near my marina. When's the christening party??

Rick in Florida
Old 16-05-2007, 00:06   #82

Send a message via AIM to Crossett Send a message via Yahoo to Crossett
looking foward to you guy's pictures....
Old 24-05-2007, 07:20   #83

Rick
The boat is scheduled to arrive the first week of June in Miami, I'll be sailing her up the coast and will keep her at the Cocoa Village Marina. Where do you keep your boat?

Scott
Old 24-05-2007, 16:13   #84
cruiser

Scott,

I live on Merritt Island and dock the boat at Diamond 99 in Melbourne.

Rick in Florida
Old 26-05-2007, 10:05   #85

Rick
Well it looks like we're going to be within a few miles of one another. I'm new to the east coast, did most of my sailing on the west coast and up in Long Island Sound. Would like to pick your brain on any good gunk holes along the ICW. When I get the boat I'll invite you over to see her.

Scott
Old 26-05-2007, 17:02   #86
cruiser

Scott,

Sorry for the delay but it was a perfect sailing day. We did 35 miles in a little less than 5.5 hours today, which for us is very good, especially with our #2 jib up.

I'll be looking forward to that invitation. PM me on this website or you can email me direct from here as well.

Rick in Florida
Old 06-06-2007, 04:26   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott730
Rick
The boat is scheduled to arrive the first week of June in Miami, I'll be sailing her up the coast and will keep her at the Cocoa Village Marina. Where do you keep your boat?

Scott
Scott, well, has the big day arrived?? If the offer is still good, I'd like to come down and look at her. I hope all is well.
Mark
Old 06-06-2007, 11:54   #88

Mark
The boat will arrive next week. I'll keep you posted. I did see J.C.'s boat a few weeks ago and have to say it is beautiful.

Scott
Old 06-06-2007, 15:37   #89
DtM

Our Mahe 36 (hull #29) arrvied in Sydney on Sunday and was in the water being prepared for handover to us the next day (having cleared customs).
We went down to look at her yesterday and she looks fantastic.
Handover is Friday so we will have "Together" for the long weekend (weather forecast is for rain and cold!!).
Everyone at this end, Mark Elkington, Michael Bell and all the others have been great.

daniel
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10   #90

Just for information for all prospective Mahe 36 owners I went to the Multihull Boat show yesterday at Gosport opposite side to Portsmouth in the UK and had a test sail on the Mahe, I wanted to try the Lavezzi but she wasn't there so I thought I 'd go in the Mahe and be disappointed, how wrong I could be!!!!
We motored out of the marina towards the Solent and the Isle of Wight with twin 20hp Volvos at about 2400 rpm we were doing 7.2 knots, at 3000 rpm 8.4 knots but using a 1/3 more diesel so keep the 7.2 knots if you have to use the engines.
There was very little wind only about 8/9 knots so it would be a good test to see how she performed in light airs which I think is always a good measure of her performance.
As we got out of the harbour we turned west, turned off the engines and set off at about 5.5knots at 60 degs off the wind.
The wind slowly increased to about 10/11 knots (true) and we were averaging about 7.5 knots sometimes touching 8.5 knots - very impressive especially as we were between 45/55 degrees to the wind.
The sea state was the normal 2 ft chop which she sliced her way through as if it were not there, no hobby horsing or slamming.
Off the wind (120 degrees) she slowed down to about 4/5 knots and the main slapped around a bit in the chop, but add a gennaker and she would go a lot better.
At one stage there was a very large car and passenger ferry coming in the opposite direction creating a nasty 3 ft (trough to peak) close plus wake so I decided to keep the boat side on to the wash - didn't feel a thing, she handled it as if it was barely there.
I had a great sail and was hugely impressed with this boat although there were a few things I would change or add to her if I bought one.
Closed Thread

Tags
mahe 36