Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2010, 03:35   #1216

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Edmund,

I would like to add these.
Mahe 36 - Anchor and Windlass
Mahe 36 - Solar
Mahe 36 - Heads
Mahe 36 - Refigerator & Freezer
Mahe 36 - Safty Equipment

Mark
Old 19-03-2010, 04:22   #1217

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
FP Mahe 36 - Owners
Old 19-03-2010, 15:57   #1218

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 (#111) - Vaya Con Dios
Thumbs up FP Mahe New threads

I think it's a great idea, I would like to be able to keep access to the info on this thread, I have been reading lots of great info, wish I had a printer to print out the various things I know Im going to need. Please don't loose what has been discussed already.
Old 19-03-2010, 22:34   #1219
DtM

I do not think that this is a good idea at all.

One of the joys and useful tools is that all the comments on Mahe's are in the one place. Split them up and you will have most of the threads fall off the front page or two very very quickly. If that happens the utility of the thread is lost in my opinion.

Already there are thirteen ideas about sub threads.
Old 21-03-2010, 05:47   #1220

Boat: Switch 51 #10
Thread split

Hi all,
My worry would also be threads dying because of too little happening in some. e.g. Mark mentions one on refrigeration, but I can't remember many (or even one) post on this.

What I think would be very nice, is to have a Mahe wikipedia for the technical issues. Can't the cruisers forum set that up? We could also do this ourselves:
There are some organization on the web where you can create a FREE wiki!
The information of this thread could be used to fill such a Wiki.
(unless the cruisers forum now have ownership of all our contributions due to some small print...).
We could then keep the forum as is for issues which are not yet covered by the Wiki.
Jef
Old 21-03-2010, 06:59   #1221

Vayacondios, I wouldn't worry about the thread getting lost. I have backed up the entire thread on my hard disk, and probably I am not the only one.
Jef
Old 21-03-2010, 09:20   #1222

Boat: FP Mahe 36 #108 "Caramba"
As it seems to be different views on this, I suggest we leave it as it is for now, even though I don't quite see the problem with threads with old and/or few posts. They won't disappear, and they would be easy to find when you need them.
The big advantage would be that when you find the correct thread, you would find "all" that is said about the topic in one place, and nothing else (hopefully). But OK.
If anyone would try to get a Mahe Wiki up and running, they are of course welcome to try. It might be a good idea.

I've made a copy of the thread also, and I will spend an hour or three to make my own short version of that, with the interesting stuff.
Old 21-03-2010, 14:16   #1223

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
As one of the original posters to this thread (J.C. being the originator), I see the advantage to keeping all this info on one common thread. Makes you have to come back regularly and see what's new. When I got back from the Bahamas, took me over an hour to catch up, didn't mind it a bit, in fact enjoyed it.
Have to say I really love having met all of you on this forum and my boat is much better for all the ideas we all have contributed. What would be nice is if the administrators for the "cruisersforum" could set up a key word search tool on a thread, now that would be helpful.

Scott
Old 23-03-2010, 02:54   #1224

Boat: FP Mahe 36 #108 "Caramba"
Blisters

So, I've finally made may way through the whole thread.

Some of you (Scott, JC and others) have reported blisters on your hulls, but I can't seem to find any good conclusions on this issue:
Have FP any explanations on why you can find blisters on "new" boats?
Do you find that your FPdealers and FP in general have handeled these problems OK, and what have they physically done with the blisters?
Old 23-03-2010, 05:43   #1225

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
Edmund
My FP Dealer has gone out of business, so I deal directly with FP for all Warranty work. So far I Have not had a problem getting things repaired or reimbursed for repairs I've had done. I believe the hull has a 5 year warranty.

Scott
Old 23-03-2010, 09:12   #1226

Osmosis

Edmund,
I do not know whether the Fountaine Pajots have osmosis problems. Fibreglass polyester (or vinylesters) can absorb humidity, how severe this is depends on materials and process but also on water temperature, and also on exposure: how long does your ship go out of the water eg in winter.
Preventing of a potential problem can of course be done by applying a number of anti-osmosis epoxy layers. Maybe you could negotiate with Fountaine Pajot that your ship is initially delivered to you out of the water; then you apply a number of layers of epoxy and anti-fouling yourself; then Fountaine Pajot launches the ship and mounts the rigging and sails and does the regular in-water checks. You would have to live a number of days in La Rochelle, in a hotel or camper or in your ship.
I applied epoxy and coppercoat antifouling after removing the standard soft antifouling from Fountaine Pajot. Removal was a terrible job.
The above is what I would try to do.
Old 23-03-2010, 12:41   #1227

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27
After some consideration and several requests we are going to close this thread. It has gotten incredibly long and that length makes the thread hard to use a reference. The same length also makes loading this thread difficult for those with limited internet speed.

Please feel free to start another (or several) thread about FP Mahe 36 issues. I would recommend titling your thread to include the make/model and then issue e.g. "FP Mahe 36 Propspeed" or "FP Mahe 36 Hull Repair".

Thanks for understanding.
Old 23-03-2010, 12:44   #1228
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

The decision has been made that it is necessary to close this thread. It is not being done because there is any particular problem with the posts the thread contains, but because the thread is a victim of its own success.

Since the thread began May 4, 2006, it has grown like kudzu in the southeastern US - out-of-control. As a result, it is virtually impossible to find useful information in the thread - it's there, certainly, but you may have to wade through pages of posts to find what you're looking for.

While we attempt to figure out a way to make the information more readily accessible, please make your posts concerning this particular model of catamaran specific to the details of your post. In other words, if you have a question or comment about osmosis relative to the Mahe, start a new thread about FP Mahe Osmosis - continuing to add such posts to a thread called FP Mahe 36 would merely make the thread that much longer, while providing no clue to anyone scanning the Multihull Forum for info on osmosis in Mahes that such specific information could be found in the FP Mahe 36 thread.

Thank you for your understanding as we continue to work on this issue.

TaoJones
Old 05-04-2010, 07:15   #1229
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

To All Owners, Friends and Fans of the FP Mahe 36:

This is the last post in the truly historic 1229 post "FP Mahe 36" thread, which began its epic run on May 4, 2006. Because it was so successful, it grew to such grotesque proportions that it was no longer user-friendly. So the Cruisers Forum site staff decided to close the thread in favor of splitting all its post off into numerous new threads that were more finely-tuned to specific areas or subjects.

Careful planning is necessary before moving forward on such a difficult task, so a close association was formed with Mahe-owner and long-time poster to the thread, Mark Cote. Mark tirelessly worked to reorganize the thread into the various categories in the list of threads visible within the Fountaine Pajot sub-forum.

All of the material pertaining to the Mahe 36 can quickly be assembled by simply clicking on the prefix box at the top of the list, which reads (any prefix) by default. Click on that box, then scroll down and select Mahe 36 from the list that opens. This will bring up all of the Mahe 36: prefixed threads that have received new posts within the last two weeks (default setting.)

To see all of the Mahe 36: prefixed threads, scroll down to the box below the list of threads labeled Display Options. Click on the box in the upper right of Display Options labeled From The, and select Beginning from the pop-up menu. Select Mahe 36 from the menu in the Prefix box (lower left), then click Show Threads. That will open the first page of Mahe 36: prefixed threads.

It is hard to imagine a better organized compendium of material specific to a single model of sailing vessel. If a reader wants to know virtually anything about the Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 catamaran, and learn it from those who have actually invested their capital in one and their time in writing about their experiences owning and operating one, then this is the place to turn.

Our sincere thanks to Cruisers Forum member Mark Cote for his tireless efforts to reorganize this wealth of material. Without Mark's voluntary contribution to the task, this newly-reorganized collection of invaluable material would not have come together as quickly nor as successfully.

And our thanks, as well, to the owners, friends and fans of the FP Mahe 36 for their patience while the reorganization took place. You may use this link to be taken right to the list of FP Mahe 36: prefixed threads: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...asc&sort=title, and

Welcome Back, Everyone!

The Cruisers Forum Site Staff
Closed Thread

Tags
mahe 36