Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2017, 00:56   #46

Re: New FP 47 pictures

Seems strange to not have a crash compartment or a water tight space in the starboard crew cabin, just a door between the crew cabin and the guest cabin. If I´d plan to go cruising I would choose another boat.
dayshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 01:32   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

I wonder how many of these new designs will actually do serious cruising. I see them as ideal for coastal hops in the med or Bahamas.. a really nice home base for chartering or the family...

Lovely boats.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 01:44   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
I wonder how many of these new designs will actually do serious cruising. I see them as ideal for coastal hops in the med or Bahamas.. a really nice home base for chartering or the family...

Lovely boats.
The Helias have "Chase the Story" and "Starry Horizons" video blogs where you can see them performing admirable in real world cruising conditions. The Saba 50 is considered even more seaworthy and this will be too. That said, I agree about the danger of not having a watertight bulkhead in that starboard bunk. The davits on the original Helia was way too low for bluewater cruising and it was one of the modifications FP made with the Evo. They seem committed to these being incredibly comfortable and capable cruisers. With the 47, I wish they had split the difference in hull width between the Saba and an Outremer (which is very narrow) to be the "fast" FP choice. I guess that would make sharing of internals with other models to keep costs down harder though.
Thalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 01:46   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

For the record, I am a Cat lover and know the capabilities of a lot of the vessels. That said, I too am concerned with some safety implementations being missing.. I would want watertight compartments.

DO love this trend to chunky looks very much..

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 07:15   #50

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Saona 47

I believe it's FP option to outfit crash lockers as berths.
dlparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 07:43   #51

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlparch View Post
I believe it's FP option to outfit crash lockers as berths.
The top deck and roof are Foam core. There are 4 large blocks of foam. 2 in the bow crash lockers and 2 larger ones under the stern, Port and Stb beds.
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:32   #52

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Saona 47

Finally have a visual confirmation of the generator in the starboard engine compartment.
It's @ 5:28 of this video from Multihull Solution guys:

dlparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 20:23   #53

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50

Helia 44 AVALON here,

I am unimpressed with the raising platform in the back instead of normal davits. I mean if I was going up in size, I think the SABA 50 is the minimum jump from a Helia 44. But if looking new, it seems basically the same design but I do not get the dinghy mounting system...

The stern Davits on the Saba 50 are very workable and good. But honestly, if you are considering this 47, I think the biggest unsolved liability is the dinghy platform. I have a 10' hard bottom inflatable, travels motor on, and I would think this is the priority first step solution required. I mean FP are doing some things cute, but for bikinis in the sun style, not necessarily travel style and this jumps out at me...

Also, Generator locker in the front? I prefer that Helia design, anchor locker and hatch to port, generator locker and hatch to starboard, and with my 9 kva Cummins Onan at about 490 hours now, I have no corrosion or problems in that locker with two water makers and the Gen set now four years on. I have made a little step and padded seat to sit down in there, and it is all quite comfortable and no hassle. I am not sure the move of the gen set to the engine room is such a good idea. Certainly hard to service with the engine hot, and more noise in the aft cockpit??? Both solvable but....

OK FP, it is cute, but these are my experienced reservations. Not enough larger to go up from the Helia 44, and look to my eye: These two problems to solve. Maybe I would consider taking off the hydralic platform and adding Saba 50 style davits, and the addition of a major blower in the engine room for the gen set or service...

My two cents worth... Helia 44 "AVALON", major improvements in a Thread here, Capilano adjustable Hydraulic steering, addition ports under eyebrow for ventilation, additional fridge ventilation, and 50 more things... An active Yachting Engineering type I am... Hmmmm
Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 08:08   #54

Boat: 2019 Fountaine Pajot Saba 50'

Although I agree with the concern about increased cockpit noise - I suspect the genset had to be relocated to avoid it sharing a wall (or at least being very close if moved to the port nacelle) with the master stateroom on the 3 cabin builds.

The swim platform/davits will be a "try it first" decision. It will have to be impressive to account for the ~$35K price.

I'm looking forward to getting aboard the 47 in Annapolis.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:55   #55

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
Their are lots of very nice features I really, really like on this New 47. As I look at the pictures, new design elements keep jumping out at me. Cool Stuff for sure.

1) Helm gauges are now on and angle, so you can see them easier. Very nice.

2) Stern Cleats are up-top instead of on the stern angled slope.

3) Built in Eno propane Grill on stern with cutting board to the right. That's a Nice tough right their.

4) Lots of storage added to stern cross beam. Seat cushion go over the top of these storage hatches.
They must've seen your design and pics of your guauges, Mark! Keep posting; they'll wind up with a perfect boat!

Best,
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 17:50   #56

Boat: 2022 Leopard 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
Here is the New FP 47 for all you lookers out there.

Page 1

There is 43 pictures all together. The link was sent to me. Thank You, Thank You for that.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/uchimata...13251322117339

The Facebook photo album is now empty (zero photos).

I'm glad you were able to capture the twelve included in this post.