Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2023, 18:13   #1

Boat: Coronado, 41, 40'6" - Sun King
Interior finishes

Considering a Belize 43 and had a question about the wood and faux leather interior finishes. If these become mildewed or stained is it possible to sand and refinish them or is it just a very thin laminate? One I've looked at has quite a bit of mildew staining and wondering how big.of a job this may end up being. Thanks for any help from owners!
Stormshag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2023, 19:05   #2

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Interior finishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshag View Post
Considering a Belize 43 and had a question about the wood and faux leather interior finishes. If these become mildewed or stained is it possible to sand and refinish them or is it just a very thin laminate? One I've looked at has quite a bit of mildew staining and wondering how big.of a job this may end up being. Thanks for any help from owners!
Laminate is thin, forget sanding this out. Had some water damage on 2 of the panels in the owner hull of my Lavezzi which has a similar interior.
I even the surface with a very fine wet sanding paper, cleaned all with 98% alcohol and simply wrapped them all in a silver Rough texture foil. Lightens up and makes it modern and much less sensitive then this thin laminate.

The fake leather you can clean with a professional grade vinyl or fake leather cleaner.
I use since 15 years also on classic cars during Restauration and on my Lavezzi too the cleaner set for fake leather from German „Lederzentrum“
https://www.lederzentrum.de/kunstled...umspender.html

That’s the best and classic car center around the world use it. you will be surprised what this cleaner can do and the protector is extremely good to seal so dirt doesn‘t stick anymore. Good you remembered me, need to order a new set, guest hull the fake leather need a good clean in the hallway.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 13:10   #3

Boat: Coronado, 41, 40'6" - Sun King
Re: Interior finishes

Thank you! Much appreciated!
Stormshag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior