Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2013, 16:38   #1

Boat: crowther trimaran 33
Weather Routing

Initial release of the weather routing plugin:

https://github.com/seandepagnier/weather_routing_pi

For this to work at all, you must be using the latest version of my enhanced grib plugin:

https://github.com/seandepagnier/OpenCPN
branch grib_enhancements

Also, if you post a pre-built binary, do not distribute only the plugin, the main executable must also be distributed (because I changed the core in a minor case included in grib_enhancements branch)

Do some testing! There are probably bugs.

To start out, open grib first and make sure you can see wind arrows where you want to do some routing. Next open the weather routing plugin dialog (a better icon for this is much desired) Open boat, and either load a polar file (qtvlm csv supported) or compute one. Then in settings make sure to have enough degree steps (enter 10 and generate should work) Then click reset if needed to sync the time to the current grib time. Right click on the map to set the start and end locations, click start.. and hopefully it does something good.

Basically a few things I know are not complete or fully functional:
boat polar calculation.. not even close to done.
relinquishing computation thread to make opencpn more responsive
integration with other weather sources besides grib
inverted regions still have some issues
currents are implemented but untested
optimization (could run many times faster)
substeps
destination report
graphs of sailing parameters over the course of a voyage
etc...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WeatherRouting.png
Views:	2677
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	57114  
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 16:59   #2

Boat: Novara 16.4m catamaran
Re: weather routing

boat_alexandra,
nice work, Ive been thinking about boat polar/routing for a while, but I have other priorities in my Freeboard project. (Freeboard [MeshCMS]).

However I have been wondering if I should be collecting the boats real-time performance data in such a away as to eventally generate a dynamic boat polar. That would then export into your stuff.... what should I collect, eg what are the citical params for generating the polar?

Rob
motu42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 17:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by motu42 View Post
boat_alexandra,
nice work, Ive been thinking about boat polar/routing for a while, but I have other priorities in my Freeboard project. (Freeboard [MeshCMS]).

However I have been wondering if I should be collecting the boats real-time performance data in such a away as to eventally generate a dynamic boat polar. That would then export into your stuff.... what should I collect, eg what are the citical params for generating the polar?

Rob
I am still working out the details here. See the source code in BoatSpeed.cpp for more information, and google the sailboat transform
Old 16-03-2013, 10:15   #4

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Hartmut

Wow, Sean is VERY Prolific!! I did not even know about this.
Coming up.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 11:22   #5

Hartmut, I tried. It failed. Maybe I am doing something wrong.
I can understand why Sean might not want to support this right now with all the programming for other plugins...

Here is what I did this morning (not sure if it is right):
Code:
git remote add sean git://github.com/seandepagnier/OpenCPN.git   (Did  this command after fresh install of Opencpn 3.2.0 dev   - I think this  is only done once! after that you just switch to the branch using  checkout)  
git fetch --all                  (space dash dash)
git branch -a                ( I see sean/grib_enhancements in the list)
git checkout sean/grib_enhancements               (it changed to sean/grib_enhancements )
git clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/weather_routing_pi.git            (it downloaded 100%)
cd..                                   (space dot dot - change directory to parent)
cd buld                             (change directory to build)
cmake ..                           (space dot dot)
cmake --buld .                 (space dash dash build space dot)
says Build FAILED 0 Warnings 17 errors
One thought I have is that I have to issue a different "git checkout (to some other directory ) and then build it. Perhaps Sean will have a suggestion.

I think I am going to have to upload the weather__routing plugin, the grib_enhancement plugin and the opencpn.exe (because it is somewhat different ...Sorry Harmut, not this time.

Mentions grib_pi/ include file zlib.h cannot be opened.
Unsucessful build because wayscreate was specified.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	weather_routing-1.png
Views:	1190
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	57146   Click image for larger version

Name:	weather_routing-2.png
Views:	1020
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	57147  

Name:	weather_routing-3.png
Views:	1054
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	57148   Click image for larger version

Name:	weather_routing-4.jpg
Views:	1105
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	57149  

Name:	weather_routing-5.png
Views:	1099
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	57150  
Old 16-03-2013, 11:37   #6

Sean, I really like what you've done! Looks great and very very promising. Love the examples around New Zealand. Nice polar display and options.

This winter Harmut and I had working with Tiersp on Polauto which is for Windows (I don't know what language), it seems to work pretty well, and he's developed many filters etc, although I have never tried it on the boat (used Harmut's nmea data stream with Navmonpc).
Old 16-03-2013, 11:56   #7

After doing the above I found
1. A newly compiled version of Opencpn.exe under ..opencpn-git\build\Release
2. weather_routing_pi Directory under ..opencpn-git\build\plugins with no release folder and the Debug folder did not have a new weather_routing_pi.dll
2. weather_routing_pi Directory under ..opencpn-git\plugins
3. grib_pi Directory under ..opencpn-git\plugins
4. No grib_ehancements_pi directory under ..opencpn-git\plugins
5. No grib_ehancements_pi directory under ..opencpn-git\build\plugins

Are #4 and #5 expected because we are on a sean/grib_enhancements branch of git? And the grib_enhancements are compiled into the new version of "opencpn.exe" in the build/release' or build/debug directory?

This is a little different for me switching to switch back off the
Code:
git checkout sean/grib_enhancements 
While in the root 'opencpn-git' directory.
branch back to the branch I was on, I now have to issue a

Code:
git checkout origin/HEAD 

or should it be
    git checkout origin/master?

from the root "opencpn-git' directory.
Thanks
Old 16-03-2013, 20:17   #8

There is no grib_enhancements directory. grib_enhancements is the name of the branch in my forked OpenCPN repository on github. You will know if you have the grib enhancements because you will be using version 2.1 of the grib plugin (see in the plugin setup)

As for the zlib.h thing.. how did you ever compile the original grib plugin in the first place?

The other errors are informative I should basically have them all fixed in the next revision
Old 16-03-2013, 20:34   #9

Sean,

I think I understand how the git branch for grib_enhancements works now.
I don't know how I compiled the first one, maybe zlib.h is missing from the repository now on the grib_enhancements branch? How to I find one of those files?
Will wait for your update.
Thanks. Rick
Old 16-03-2013, 21:16   #10

Try compiling the main branch (master not grib_enhancements) and if that works, search for the file and find out where it is.

On polauto.. is there a website for this program? I am having difficulty finding more information.
Old 17-03-2013, 03:57   #11

Boat: Dufour 35

Testing on Kubuntu 12.10 amd64.
No problems compiling and getting started.

Name:	wxroutingsettin.png
Views:	1134
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	57183

I can't see the lower part of the dialog above.
Clicking "Generate" freezes the computer. Had to force a "xkill".

Name:	wxroutingsettin1.jpg
Views:	1341
Size:	430.3 KB
ID:	57184

The basic concept works, as seen above.
I could not get the hang of entering departure and destination by clicking, so I entered it manually.
Check the yellow route...Computation continues inland between "The Wash" and "River Humber".
As you said, slow, but a very nice start.
Thanks for all your fantastic plugins!!!

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 11:28   #12

Sean this is in an effort to compile the Weather Routing, so I am putting it here, although some of it does not apply to that effort.
I first wanted to make sure opencpn compiled from the origin/master ok and to perhaps find that missing h file. Sorry about the long Output code..

Quote:
I switched back to the master branch with
git checkout origin/master
Then deleted opencpn-git/plugins directories for:
celestial_navigation_pi
wmm_pi
weatherfax_pi
vdr_pi
Then from opencpn-git/plugins directory issued:
git clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/wmm_pi.git
git clone git://github.com/SethDart/vdr_pi.git
git clone https://github.com/seandepagnier/cel...igation_pi.git
git clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/weatherfax_pi.git
Then changed directory to the build directory
cd .. (space dot dot)
cd build
Then executed the build commands
cmake .. (space dot dot)
cmake --build . (space dash dash build space dot)
And got the file included below
After a search I found what will become a favorite Windows command to copy the results of the CMD window. With the cursor in the command window right click and pick "Select All", then press "Enter". This will copy all the output to the clipboard!

1. Weatherfax_pi has a number of signed/unsigned mismatch for weatherfax_pi for various libaudiofiles
2. wmm_pi has that isnom identifier not found error
3. the end had 283 warnings and 26 errors. I think MSVC++ Debug willl work though. Will try that next.

Code:
' : signed/unsigned mismatch [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\
plugins\weatherfax_pi\weatherfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\aupv.c(158): warning C4018: '>
' : signed/unsigned mismatch [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\aupv.c(187): warning C4018: '<
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\aupv.c(193): warning C4018: '>
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\aupv.c(207): warning C4018: '<
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\aupv.c(213): warning C4018: '>
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\aupv.c(227): warning C4018: '<
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\aupv.c(233): warning C4018: '>
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\extended.c(104): warning C4244
: '=' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of dat
a [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\weath
erfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\extended.c(105): warning C4244
: '=' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of dat
a [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\weath
erfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\extended.c(106): warning C4244
erfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\extended.c(108): warning C4244
erfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\extended.c(109): warning C4244
erfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\extended.c(110): warning C4244
erfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\G711.cpp(136): warning
 C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'AFframecount' to 'int', possible loss of d
ata [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\wea
therfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\G711.cpp(139): warning
ata [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\wea
therfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\G711.cpp(143): warning
 C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'AFframecount' to 'size_t', possible loss o
f data [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\
weatherfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\G711.cpp(200): warning
 C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'AFframecount' to 'size_t', possible loss o
f data [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\
weatherfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\G711.cpp(207): warning
therfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\G711.cpp(210): warning
therfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\G711.cpp(224): warning
 C4244: '=' : conversion from 'AFframecount' to 'size_t', possible loss of data
[C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\weather
fax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\PCM.cpp(111): warning
C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'AFframecount' to 'size_t', possible loss of
 data [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\w
eatherfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\PCM.cpp(124): warning
C4244: '=' : conversion from 'AFfileoffset' to 'int', possible loss of data [C:\
Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\weatherfax_
pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\PCM.cpp(125): warning
C4244: '=' : conversion from 'AFframecount' to 'int', possible loss of data [C:\
Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\weatherfax_
pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\PCM.cpp(170): warning
C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'AFframecount' to 'size_t', possible loss of
 data [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\w
eatherfax_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weatherfax_pi\src\libaudiofile\modules\PCM.cpp(185): warning
C4244: '=' : conversion from 'AFframecount' to 'size_t', possible loss of data [
C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weatherfax_pi\weatherf
ax_pi.vcxproj]

"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default t
arget) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj
" (default target) (20) ->
  c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\wmm_pi\src\WMM_SubLibrary.
c(1928): warning C4101: 'astat' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-S
oft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
c(2398): warning C4101: 'c_new2' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
c(2398): warning C4101: 'c_new' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-S
c(2399): warning C4101: 'icomp' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-S
c(3181): warning C4552: '+' : operator has no effect; expected operator with sid
e-effect [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_p
i.vcxproj]
c(3289): warning C4101: 'Ykm' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Sof
t\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
c(3281): warning C4101: 'K0R4i' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-S
c(3276): warning C4101: 'deg' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Sof
c(3276): warning C4101: 'Pi' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft
\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
c(3282): warning C4101: 'Dnest' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-S
c(3281): warning C4101: 'psfact' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
c(3289): warning C4101: 'Xkm' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Sof
c(3284): warning C4101: 'Lat' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Sof
c(3277): warning C4101: 'n1' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft
c(3282): warning C4101: 'Dderiv' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
c(3278): warning C4101: 'R4' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft
c(3283): warning C4101: 'TestId' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
c(3288): warning C4101: 'LLonly' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
c(3278): warning C4101: 'A' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\
Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
c(3277): warning C4101: 'R4oa' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-So
ft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
c(3279): warning C4101: 'Ccoeff' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
c(3279): warning C4101: 'Bcoeff' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
c(3279): warning C4101: 'Dcoeff' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
c(3277): warning C4101: 'fla' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Sof
c(3277): warning C4101: 'invfla' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
c(3284): warning C4101: 'Lon' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Sof
  ..\..\..\plugins\wmm_pi\src\wmm_pi.cpp(310): warning C4800: 'wxChar' : forcing
 value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning) [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Nav
igation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
  c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\wmm_pi\src\wmm_sublibrary.
c(1060): warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'ans' used [C:\Data-Dart\Up
-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
  c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\wmm_pi\src\wmm_sublibrary.
c(1129): warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'ans' used [C:\Data-Dart\Up
-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]

"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default t
arget) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\celestial_navigation_
pi\celestial_navigation_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (7) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
  ..\..\..\plugins\celestial_navigation_pi\src\CelestialNavigationDialog.cpp(249
): error C2124: divide or mod by zero [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-g
it\build\plugins\celestial_navigation_pi\celestial_navigation_pi.vcxproj]

arget) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\we
ather_routing_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (16) ->
  c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\Wea
therRoutingDialog.h(38): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../../gri
b_pi/src/GribUIDialog.h': No such file or directory [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Naviga
tion\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
therRoutingDialog.h(38): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../../gri
b_pi/src/GribUIDialog.h': No such file or directory [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Naviga
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatDialog.cpp(107): error C3861: 'rou
nd': identifier not found [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plu
gins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatSpeed.cpp(72): error C3861: 'strto
k_r': identifier not found [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\pl
ugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatSpeed.cpp(73): error C3861: 'strca
secmp': identifier not found [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\
plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatSpeed.cpp(73): error C3861: 'strca
secmp': identifier not found [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\
plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatSpeed.cpp(76): error C3861: 'strto
k_r': identifier not found [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\pl
ugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatSpeed.cpp(76): fatal error C1903:
unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation [C:\Data-Dart\Up-
Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.
vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\Utilities.cpp(35): error C2065: 'M_PI'
 : undeclared identifier [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plug
ins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\Utilities.cpp(40): error C2065: 'M_PI'
 : undeclared identifier [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plug
ins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\grib_pi\src\zuFile.h(33):
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
 [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\w
eather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\grib_pi\src\zuFile.h(33):
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
 [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\w
eather_routing_pi.vcxproj]

arget) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wmm_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj
" (default target) (20) ->
  ..\..\..\plugins\wmm_pi\src\MagneticPlotMap.cpp(129): error C3861: 'isnan': id
entifier not found [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wm
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\wmm_pi\src\MagneticPlotMap.cpp(131): error C3861: 'isnan': id
entifier not found [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\wm
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\wmm_pi\src\MagneticPlotMap.cpp(222): error C3861: 'isnan': id
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\wmm_pi\src\MagneticPlotMap.cpp(282): error C3861: 'isnan': id
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\wmm_pi\src\MagneticPlotMap.cpp(310): error C3861: 'isnan': id
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]
m_pi\wmm_pi.vcxproj]

283 Warning(s)
    26 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:01:18.24

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build>
Old 17-03-2013, 13:58   #13

Okay, I've changed to your forked branch 'sean/grib_enhancements'
git fetch --all
git checkout sean/grib_enhancements

Changes the HEAD to f13e4b8 ...routing corrections, current direction correction..

git branch -a

The prompt shows

Code:
C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build>git branch -a
* (no branch)
  master
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  remotes/origin/beta30_stable
  remotes/origin/beta31_stable
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/release32_stable
  remotes/origin/stable
  remotes/sean/beta30_stable
  remotes/sean/beta31_stable
  remotes/sean/grib_enhancements
  remotes/sean/master
  remotes/sean/stable

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build>
Which looks to me like it is still on origin/master!!!
Why? Anyway, now I am going to try it, assuming I am on sean/grib_enhancements

Now I should go to opencpn-git/plugins, remove the weather_routing directory and issue
git clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/weather_routing_pi.git

It worked 100%. Now I also see a grib_pi plugin that is dated today, along with all the other plugins cels_nav, dashboard_pi, vdr_pi, weatherfax_pi and wmm_pi which I guess is normal.

Then MSVC Debug Build see output please.

Anyway in build/weather_routing_pi/debug there is no dll
I am not doing something right. Sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Weather_Routing-CMD-Cmake-Build-Output.doc (17.1 KB, 221 views)
File Type: doc Weather_Routing-MSVC-Debug-Build-Output.doc (11.2 KB, 172 views)
Old 17-03-2013, 14:42   #14

Code:
C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git>git checkout origin/master
Previous HEAD position was f13e4b8... routing corrections, and current direction
 correction
HEAD is now at 56c1de5... Merge pull request #41 from kheyse/dutch_localization_
fix

C:\...\opencpn-git>git fetch --all
Fetching origin
Fetching sean

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git>git branch -a
* (no branch)
  master
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/stable
  remotes/sean/grib_enhancements    <--want to get to here!!!
  remotes/sean/master
  remotes/sean/stable

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git>git branch
* (no branch)    <--- This means something, ie  not on a branch now?
  master

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git>git checkout sean/grib_enhancements
Previous HEAD position was 56c1de5... Merge pull request #41 from kheyse/dutch_l
ocalization_fix
HEAD is now at f13e4b8... routing corrections, and current direction correction

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git>git branch -a
* (no branch)           <-- Did not move or change 
  master
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/stable
  remotes/sean/grib_enhancements
  remotes/sean/master
  remotes/sean/stable

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git>git remote add sean git://github.com
/seandepagnier/OpenCPN.git
fatal: remote sean already exists.

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git>git fetch --all
Fetching origin
Fetching sean

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft>cd navigation

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation>cd opencpn-git

C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git>git status
# Not currently on any branch.
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#       build/
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_CHINESETW.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_CZECH.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_DANISH.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_DUTCH.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_FINNISH.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_FRENCH.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_GERMAN.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_ITALIAN.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_NORWEGIAN.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_POLISH.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_PORTUGUESE.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_PORTUGUESEBR.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_RUSSIAN.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_SPANISH.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_SWEDISH.nsh
#       buildwin/NSIS_Unicode/Include/Langstrings_TURKISH.nsh
#       include/version.h
#       plugins/celestial_navigation_pi/
#       plugins/vdr_pi/
#       plugins/weather_routing_pi/
#       plugins/weatherfax_pi/
#       plugins/wmm_pi/
#       src/opencpn.rc
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
Any idea how do I can change to branch sean/grib_enhancements?
Old 17-03-2013, 15:25   #15

It appears I lost my "HEAD" something about commits (I havent done that)

Code:
C...\opencpn-git>git branch -av
 (no branch)                     f13e4b8 routing corrections, and current direction correction
master                          36c7f6a [behind 3] Move manual pictures to images folder to   avoid the problems caused by the spaces
 remotes/origin/HEAD             -> origin/master
 remotes/origin/beta30_stable    e48b97d 3.0.2
 remotes/origin/beta31_stable    2532d4d Merge branch 'master' into beta31_stable
 remotes/origin/master           56c1de5 Merge pull request #41 from kheyse/dut
h_localization_fix
 remotes/origin/release32_stable cf69568 3.2.0
 remotes/origin/stable           e48b97d 3.0.2
 remotes/sean/beta30_stable      e48b97d 3.0.2
 remotes/sean/beta31_stable      e4f65b7 Merge branch 'master' into beta31_stable
 remotes/sean/grib_enhancements  f13e4b8 routing corrections, and current direction correction
 remotes/sean/master             32d3012 "make package" with PREFIX!=/usr is
broken for rpm platforms
 remotes/sean/stable             e48b97d 3.0.2

C:...\opencpn-git>

Tags
paracelle, weather