Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2017, 11:48   #1

loading chart files Opencpn

Goode day
Just loaded the newest version Opencpn. Having issues loading my charts. under the tap Charts I see no chart down loader tap. I do see and go to Add Directory. Then I click on my cm93 located in My Documents. Then I high light the file path and click apply. The files look like they are starting to load but they do not load. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
thanks
johnny
joker4142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 05:15   #2

Boat: Valiant 42
Re: loading chart files Opencpn

Go to the plugins tab. Make sure that the chart downloader block is not dim and says "Enabled". If it is disabled click the enable button. You may have to use the scroll bar to see all available plugins depending on your screen size.

It sounds like you are doing it correctly. Your CM93 chart files might be corrupted. There are many "free" copies on the Internet that are not complete or contain bad data.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 05:42   #3
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

And enable chart outlines. The "O" key.
Will give you an indication about the existing charts. Zoom in on places with charts.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 20:48   #4

Boat: Formerly Fuji 32 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker4142 View Post
Goode day
Just loaded the newest version Opencpn. Having issues loading my charts. under the tap Charts I see no chart down loader tap. I do see and go to Add Directory. Then I click on my cm93 located in My Documents. Then I high light the file path and click apply. The files look like they are starting to load but they do not load. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
thanks
johnny
Hi Johnny,

I think you may not be doing this correctly. (And there isn't a 'chart downloader' per se)

Go to Options/Charts. At the tab 'Chart Files' you will see the charts that are now 'loaded', if any. Click the box 'Add Directory'. Navigate to the folder you want to load such as 'cm93', which you say is under your 'My Documents'. Highlight the folder and click on the box 'Select Folder' (There should not be an option to 'Apply'). This will return you to the Chart Files screen. At the bottom check the box 'Force Full Database Rebuild' then you check the box 'Apply', which retains this screen after loading or you can check 'OK' which closes this screen after loading.

If the loading fails then you may have a corrupted folder for cm93. PM me if you need to download a fresh copy.

Terry
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, loa, opencpn