Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2019, 08:22   #1

Boat: Lagoon 40
NAVICOLOR GT 41.68018.11

Hi
I have a 2019 Lagoon 40 and it is provided with the above LCD display to provide info on fluid levels, batteries etc. I am trying to kind some technical literature on this unit which is manufactured by Scheiber. They seem ot have a pretty good website, but no owners manual and there's a 4-digit PIN to access the programming.

I have tried contacting Scheiber through their website and email, but so far no response. Does anyone have any useful information on this?

Thanks
Neil
Ndavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 18:51   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46.1
Re: NAVICOLOR GT 41.68018.11

I'm replying to an old post - but in a similar situation. What a frustrating experience with Scheiber OEM equipment provided on a Beneteau 46.1 sailboat.

Looking to upgrade batteries, add solar, etc. Scheiber says 'talk to Beneteau'. Beneteau says 'we don't have any answers'.

Results seems to be that entire Scheiber Navicolor monitoring system will be replaced with some aftermarket product (e.g., Victron or something).

Great technology claims to bring together monitoring systems - no support!
jc1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2021, 10:30   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1409 View Post
I'm replying to an old post - but in a similar situation. What a frustrating experience with Scheiber OEM equipment provided on a Beneteau 46.1 sailboat.

Looking to upgrade batteries, add solar, etc. Scheiber says 'talk to Beneteau'. Beneteau says 'we don't have any answers'.

Results seems to be that entire Scheiber Navicolor monitoring system will be replaced with some aftermarket product (e.g., Victron or something).

Great technology claims to bring together monitoring systems - no support!

Hi
I have been able to get into the setting on the Navicolor and upgrade batteries etc. If you are having problems doing this, please PM me and i would be happy to help. Also, I have managed to get some aftermarket support through their US distributors Marinebeam. Nathan there is pretty helpful.

Good Luck!
Neil
Old 18-01-2022, 08:30   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndavies View Post
Hi
I have been able to get into the setting on the Navicolor and upgrade batteries etc. If you are having problems doing this, please PM me and i would be happy to help. Also, I have managed to get some aftermarket support through their US distributors Marinebeam. Nathan there is pretty helpful.

Good Luck!
Neil
Hi, I’ve actually gotten the code as well and it doesn’t appear that the batteries were ever programmed in…had a couple questions if you have time Neil?

I’m new to CF and am not sure how to pm..I’m not the most tech savvy, sorry, but I’d like to see or hear how you set your up as I have a lagoon 40 as well..2020…previous owners never sailed her nor took much interest, it would seem, in setting up many of the options available so please let me know when you can, I was able to get the code and I can edit but want to make sure it’s done correctly as it’s looks like it’s showing a negative on my house batteries! Thanks!
JBizzle54life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 09:54   #5

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46.1

thanks Neil.

I've been leaning now towards removing the Scheiber system and replacing with a Victron setup including Cerbo GX and touch panel. In the spring I will replace batteries, add solar, as well as some other upgrades so seems like opportune time.

I was wondering if anyone has compared the Victron to Scheiber - any compelling reason to keep the Scheiber system?
Note in my system, the Navicolor only reports information- no functionality is enabled to switch to generator (I don't have one) or otherwise. So if I went Victron it would replace the reporting only, from the Navicolor.
jc1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 10:23   #6
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1409 View Post
thanks Neil.

I've been leaning now towards removing the Scheiber system and replacing with a Victron setup including Cerbo GX and touch panel. In the spring I will replace batteries, add solar, as well as some other upgrades so seems like opportune time.

I was wondering if anyone has compared the Victron to Scheiber - any compelling reason to keep the Scheiber system?
Note in my system, the Navicolor only reports information- no functionality is enabled to switch to generator (I don't have one) or otherwise. So if I went Victron it would replace the reporting only, from the Navicolor.
https://www.bandg.com/bg/type/connected-vessel/

you want this.

but i pay more to shipyard to do not have this .i want normal switch electric sistem.
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 10:27   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

this smart connected vessel is this
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2022, 04:58   #8

Hi all, can anyone else answer questions on programming house batteries into navicolor? Have code just need step by step so I don’t make mistake but since it’s a purely informative system with no execution capabilities I probably can’t mess it up to bad but still would like to utilize the system…really can’t find any real manual on programming once in with code…thanks in advance.
JBizzle54life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2022, 14:38   #9

Quote:
Hi

Good Luck!
Neil
Hi. having same issues and more here, would mind sharing how to get this 4 digit code to access the system configurations?
luisdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2022, 16:18   #10

Hi. The most popular Pin seems to be 1884. This works for most boat pre 2020. I know they used different codes on later models. Hope this helps. I also have some trouble shooting tech data sheets. If you need them, send me an email adress

Good luck
Neil
Old 22-05-2022, 16:32   #11

Quote:
Hi. The most popular Pin seems to be 1884. This works for most boat pre 2020. I know they used different codes on later models. Hope this helps. I also have some trouble shooting tech data sheets. If you need them, send me an email adress

Good luck
Neil
Thank you for the quick reply. Just tested 1884 and it did not work, my boat is an excess 12 it was delivered on feb. 2022.

Having hard time getting support from excess.

Would appreciate the files - luisnetodg at gmail dot com

best
luisdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 14:40   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdg View Post
Thank you for the quick reply. Just tested 1884 and it did not work, my boat is an excess 12 it was delivered on feb. 2022.

Having hard time getting support from excess.

Would appreciate the files - luisnetodg at gmail dot com

best
Hi! Could you find the 4 digit code for 2021+ models?

Let me know thanks!
Gmnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 15:25   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmnet View Post
Hi! Could you find the 4 digit code for 2021+ models?

Let me know thanks!
I do not have other codes, but suggest going to the US distributor at marinebeam.com Call thier tech support and ask for Nathan. He is the best resource I have found. Best of luck!
Old 28-10-2022, 09:09   #14

Try 1965
denis55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2022, 12:25   #15

Quote:
I do not have other codes, but suggest going to the US distributor at marinebeam.com Call thier tech support and ask for Nathan. He is the best resource I have found. Best of luck!
Thank you!!
Gmnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navico