Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 11:17   #31

Boat: Outremer 40/43
Re: So .....how much does a man cost?

HHhhmmm ... David M you say

"So in other words, you don't want to have to pay for his man-toys which cost far more than your woman-toys? "

Please elaborate.. who bought the boat and who bought the sails instead of the new kitchen?
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 13:29   #32

Boat: a sailing boat

OK. So we cost something.

And when you look at us dancing in Madonna's 'Girl Gone Bad' - wouldn't you say we are damn worth every penny you pay?

barnakiel
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 15:00   #33
CLOD

Boat: none

I'm been reading CF for years. Half the members can not afford a man (or women) and the other half aren't concerned about the costs!
Old 15-04-2012, 10:56   #34

Boat: Ocean Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cruiser View Post
IMHO
Should be exactly the same as a woman or same sex partner!

The most expensive item in your relationship should be your time invested as it is the only one that can't be replaced!

Everything else is just money which you can't eat, can't make love to or with, and if you were deaf and dumb though some of us sometimes act that way, sound and hearing perhaps do not need to enter into the equation at all. And if we treat each other as respectful adults still won't enter into this.

We all have 60 min in a hour, 60 sec in a min but have found that $ does let you free up some more of that / your precious time which cannot be replaced, ever! Remeber that the next time your child asks you to play or color with them! And why do most of us usually have to be told to do something for our partner or around your place instead of just doing it cause it has to be done?

Money spent is money invested or wasted depending on your point of view but when did the money coming into a household start belonging only to one or the other? If you are the only working partner what about the time invested by the other partner? A hour is a hour regardless of which partner worked it!

And before someone jumps on me for the above and states "my partner doesn't work!" My wife died of breast cancer and for her last 7 years her only "job" was to fight and live to be with the kids and me. You do not know what you have got till you lose it.

So much of these few threads on this topic are very unsettling to me as if you truly loved your partner most of the bs I hear would never even be mentioned as it is a non issue in the greater good view of things. Not preaching @ anyone just expressing the other side of the coin which doesn't seem to get mentioned enough! IMHO
Johnny

EXCELLENT!!! I completely agree and have devoted the rest of my working life to helping couples/partners understand and appreciate the truth of what you've stated
Old 15-04-2012, 11:09   #35
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

last man in my life took everything i had and everything i made and more--lost my storage because of his bad habits which remained unknown--he was a sneaky bastid....took even my boat as well as his-- cut mine up with a chainsaw-- i just LOVE starting over--men are pricey. more so than are females, in my book.

they SHOULDNT cost anything, but sometimes.....is a biiig thing, sometimes, not. depends on the man or woman involved--as much as it depends on both.

did i confuse ye yet????
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 11:12   #36

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser

Hell Zee, you sure been hanging out with a bad boy.
Old 15-04-2012, 11:12   #37
CLOD

Boat: none

doesn't sound like a man thing, or a women thing, sounds a man/women thing depending on the man/women
Old 15-04-2012, 11:13   #38

yeh, anjou--is why i deevorsed his worthless butt-- but the result of that took many years to escape--he was a stalker and truly evile.

and, true, dat, don--is a human being thing that is sometimes a lil off....something about brain chemistry being off wak on his part....per his psychologist.....not all men are bad, just some have problems...same with females.
Old 15-04-2012, 11:21   #39

Boat: Jaguar 22 mono called Arfur.

I'm greatly encouraged by this thread. Maybe I am worht somethinK.
Old 15-04-2012, 11:28   #40

we are all worth something--just what is it costing someone else for our individual worth???