Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 18:14   #16
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
Re: So .....how much does a man cost?

Hell, we should be paid to take 'em!

; -)

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 18:31   #17

Boat: O'Day 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina View Post

; -)

That's how it often works out in the end.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 18:33   #18
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina

; -)
You are
Old 08-04-2012, 18:43   #19

Boat: <sold the 140' steel flybridge ketch & Hunter CC

IMHO
Should be exactly the same as a woman or same sex partner!

The most expensive item in your relationship should be your time invested as it is the only one that can't be replaced!

Everything else is just money which you can't eat, can't make love to or with, and if you were deaf and dumb though some of us sometimes act that way, sound and hearing perhaps do not need to enter into the equation at all. And if we treat each other as respectful adults still won't enter into this.

We all have 60 min in a hour, 60 sec in a min but have found that $ does let you free up some more of that / your precious time which cannot be replaced, ever! Remeber that the next time your child asks you to play or color with them! And why do most of us usually have to be told to do something for our partner or around your place instead of just doing it cause it has to be done?

Money spent is money invested or wasted depending on your point of view but when did the money coming into a household start belonging only to one or the other? If you are the only working partner what about the time invested by the other partner? A hour is a hour regardless of which partner worked it!

And before someone jumps on me for the above and states "my partner doesn't work!" My wife died of breast cancer and for her last 7 years her only "job" was to fight and live to be with the kids and me. You do not know what you have got till you lose it.

So much of these few threads on this topic are very unsettling to me as if you truly loved your partner most of the bs I hear would never even be mentioned as it is a non issue in the greater good view of things. Not preaching @ anyone just expressing the other side of the coin which doesn't seem to get mentioned enough! IMHO
Johnny
Johnny Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 18:56   #20

Boat: Symbol Pilot House 52

ok, i'm confused about this question. i guess a man shouldn't cost anything, just like a woman shouldn't cost anything. i take care of what i want and whatever. i don't rely on a man to get me anything. so why the question of how much a man cost? if he wants something he should be able to get it himself- or otherwise i don't want him in my circle. don't need any more "ticks" to suck blood out of me.
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 19:02   #21

oh - if he wants"something" he needs to provide something to me 2x's as much of what he wants. i don't play those games anymore.
Old 08-04-2012, 19:06   #22

Boat: a sailing boat

Quote:

; -)
Sara! And I thought you were different!

muak!
barnie
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 19:10   #23

Boat: O'Day 28

OK, where is that Ignore button?
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 19:15   #24

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

At the top of the page. Just below and to the right of the reply button.

Click "thread tools" then ignore thread.

This one is bound to show up in the recent discussions list often.

Might as well get it out of the way now.
four winds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 19:20   #25

what happened to my posts?
Old 08-04-2012, 19:21   #26
dtj

I don't know about most men but mine just cost, food, a back rub after a hard day, a thank you for how hard he works and if he get out of control and wants to buy something crazy, I look deep into his eyes and say, "sugar is that really something we have to have right now? If he says yes, I tell him to go for it. If it was a bad idea he will beat his own self up. The last time that happened he bought a beautiful boat at an incredible price. What does he cost? A lot of love and support. What do I get? An incredible adventure. Not to mention I can now rewire and replumb a boat. I have learned all kinds of interesting stuff. I helped rebuild a transmission, roof a house, build a deck, really anything to do with a car. I am sure once we do go sailing I will have learned everything to do it on my own. So what did he cost me. Nothing but my respect. I am one of the lucky ones however.

I did ask my daughters the other day, "what were you looking for in a man?" Can he fix anything?" "Did you drink a "whole bottle" of Jager before you mated with him?" "Did he have a mother?" "Is that grunt he makes english or is he in pain?" "Girls your father and I taught you everything you need to know to take care of yourselves so is this guy some kind of a toy?" "Oh, I understand, he has a trust fund, so why is he driving your car?" "Sweetie, I think you have a couch that farts."
dtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 20:29   #27

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
OK try the first of these features :
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ous-79756.html
Not on your life! Steel myself of the entrainment value? Have you lost your mind? As you were/are. Continue. Bash away. If that does you, or anyone else good. Go at it boy. And remember to always enjoy! Lick it up, suck it in, and spew it out! Bring it on!
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 00:55   #28

Boat: Outremer 40/43

Wide are trying to work this out between us..

Here is how it goes on board..

One of us buys clothes very frequently but does not spend too much at a time.. The other only goes shopping every six months and buys one outfit... But it costs a lot..

One of us decided to buy the boat.. Tho other decided to buy news sails, nav instruments, and to spend three years living on board... (starting later this year)

One of us bought the fancy iPad.. Which wasn't really necessary but is a lot of fun.. And wants a really good hifi.. (though not sure where it would go on board)..

One of us buys expensive tools.... Sewing machine, over locker, tailoring shears at £100 a go, or power jigsaw, battery drills, welding plant.

Neither of us can say no to going for a drink or out for dinner...
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:18   #29

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser

Cant argue with that. Play fighting with words about the differences between men and women all pales into insignificance when the nasty realities of life come home to roost.

Tell it to John Imagain2frolic. Not hardly 5 weeks since he departed. Go ask Melanie how much John cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cruiser View Post
IMHO
Should be exactly the same as a woman or same sex partner!

The most expensive item in your relationship should be your time invested as it is the only one that can't be replaced!

Everything else is just money which you can't eat, can't make love to or with, and if you were deaf and dumb though some of us sometimes act that way, sound and hearing perhaps do not need to enter into the equation at all. And if we treat each other as respectful adults still won't enter into this.

We all have 60 min in a hour, 60 sec in a min but have found that $ does let you free up some more of that / your precious time which cannot be replaced, ever! Remeber that the next time your child asks you to play or color with them! And why do most of us usually have to be told to do something for our partner or around your place instead of just doing it cause it has to be done?

Money spent is money invested or wasted depending on your point of view but when did the money coming into a household start belonging only to one or the other? If you are the only working partner what about the time invested by the other partner? A hour is a hour regardless of which partner worked it!

And before someone jumps on me for the above and states "my partner doesn't work!" My wife died of breast cancer and for her last 7 years her only "job" was to fight and live to be with the kids and me. You do not know what you have got till you lose it.

So much of these few threads on this topic are very unsettling to me as if you truly loved your partner most of the bs I hear would never even be mentioned as it is a non issue in the greater good view of things. Not preaching @ anyone just expressing the other side of the coin which doesn't seem to get mentioned enough! IMHO
Johnny
Old 09-04-2012, 03:16   #30
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:

; -)
That approach works well when the female (and male) is younger - but as the decades go by she had better be bringing something else to the table than..............what she sits on . and for many things money is involved (whether that be cash into the pot or saving on a housekeeper ) - few relationships can survive long term with one person putting into the pot, whilst another only takes out. Whether one terms that the "Cost" of a man is a matter of opinion (for me it is).

For me the "cost" for a woman is an ability to at least cover her own costs financially, not neccessarily to the level of lifestyle I / she / we would enjoy together - but certainly to a level that she would be happy on. It is called either:

a) respecting her as person by ensuring she is financially independent (of me).

or

B) me being a tightwad .

.....probably a bit of both .

Anything else is a bonus .

Oh, the above about a long term partner / wife - anything else is simply a version of PAYG, with the cost of the man (for the woman) being a low redundancy package, if any.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote