Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 15:50   #211
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: West Marine Getting Worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
i beg to differ it is called consumerism,and has nothing to do with what it cost to produce,or any savings to the buyer,the only constant is what the corporation can sell it for and make the maximum profit

capitalism is so yesterday...get with the program raku...that stuff died out with mcarthyism

Sure.

Call it whatever you want, but I've owned a business and I get a profit and loss page.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 17:03   #212

Boat: 34 Irwin
Ok, as a formerWM employee, I can tell you that I have delivered product to customers. I have given rides to customers, back to their boats after shopping withWM and grocery shopping. All after my shaft ended. I have done those things be cause I have been a cruiser in a strange town. Goes around comes around and it has. I been given rides too. Would I put 100' of chain and an anchor in my car? No. Not even my own purchase. I would ask if someone at the marina had a truck.

I would like some info ? As this a busy weekend at the store, did you need it right now? A lot depends on the attitude of the customer, if your -------then no I would not! If you were willing to work out arrangements then yes. As I said goes around comes around!
Samantha ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 17:20   #213
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha ann View Post
Ok, as a formerWM employee, I can tell you that I have delivered product to customers. I have given rides to customers, back to their boats after shopping withWM and grocery shopping. All after my shaft ended. I have done those things be cause I have been a cruiser in a strange town. Goes around comes around and it has. I been given rides too. Would I put 100' of chain and an anchor in my car? No. Not even my own purchase. I would ask if someone at the marina had a truck.

I would like some info ? As this a busy weekend at the store, did you need it right now? A lot depends on the attitude of the customer, if your -------then no I would not! If you were willing to work out arrangements then yes. As I said goes around comes around!

I remember him saying he could wait.

I think it's fine if people are willing. I only take fault with the notion that if someone doesn't step up to tool him around town, then it's a bad store.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 17:29   #214

Boat: 34 Irwin
Knowing that WM doesn't deliver, he should've made arrangements.

+1 Rakuflemes
Samantha ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:19   #215
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha ann View Post

Interesting. Passed through Charleston headed south Sept '09 and needed a couple of small parts to plug a busted hose fitting on the transmission. We were at the municipal marina but missed the shuttle to town that day. Called WM and they had the parts and one of the employees volunteered to drop the parts by on the way home from work.

No he didn't have to do it and wasn't paid extra by WM but I did buy him a couple of cold ones. WM is not my primary source for parts but have spent a good bit there over the years and have always had a pleasant experience. Prices are mostly pretty good, sometimes the lowest, sometimes not. That's why I shop around.

Living 2 hours from the nearest marine store of any kind I would be thrilled if WM opened a store in town.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine