Since we had already sailed some 50 miles that day (some arrived after 19.00) moving further was not a good option. We were told Datca would be safe (most of it is; all local boats took those spaces). Orhaniye would have been safer but was some 20 or even 30 miles further to the East from Datca.
When we started this adventure there was a cat (Lagoon 440) moored three boats down. They were the first to chicken out and leave
I did agree with their leaving (wanted to do so myself before any damage occurred), most other boats left. Our flotilla leader decided to stay put. If it were my decision I too would have left to anchor
or ride out the (mild) storm.
I did accept the flotilla leaders decision to stay put; competence differed on the various boats and there was no real way of knowing how the storm would develop.
As it were the storm was mild and just some dents and broken parts
were the result. No person was hurt!
Sunsail fully accepted their responsibility and repaid all deposits in full. Several thousands worth of damages on at least three boats were absorbed by Sunsail without any discussion
Hindsight: the decision to stay put was not a bad one. It was a decision made in difficult circumstances which kept everyone unhurt.
It anyone is to blame it is the Harbour master; since this is a yearly event people should have been warned. The day after the same happened to a lesser degree when again boats were moored in the clearly unsafe part of the marina (collecting 60 liras each was more important than safety). That is the only reason to post this in public: beware of Datca in S or SE storms.
About Datca: if you can stand the loud music
it is worth a visit; we found quieter and more relaxed spots later on.