Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2022, 03:39   #1

M-track B100 AIS not showing other boats on my B&G Zeus 2 screen

Hi, i hqve recently installed my AIS and it worked fine. After one week when i got to New Zealand it stopped showing other boats. My boat is visible to other. The green light is on and my acreen is showing the device as connected. Any idea what could it be? Is it software issue or mechanical?
Thanks
Ondrej Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:05   #2

Re: M-track B100 AIS not showing other boats on my B&G Zeus 2 screen

One guess would be that the AIS doesn't know where it is, which would suggest something wrong with the GPS data, which might be an antenna problem or a cable problem or an internal failure in the unit.

Another guess would be that the AIS is working fine but the Zeus isn't getting the data, which would suggest a neetwork cabling problem or a setting issue.
Cwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:22   #3

Boat: Gulfstar 50 ketch

If the ais doesn't know where it is (i.e gps issue) it won't transmit anything. Sounds like your issue is either no receive, or recieved data isn't showing on your nav display.

Download and install ProAIS from Emtraks website, connect your computer to the ais via USB and you'll be able to get information that can help diagnose the issue i.e successful transmit and receive, SWR, etc, as well as seeing other vessels data if the ais is receiving them. If they show up there, then the issue is with communication to or configuration of your nav display.
Bellinghamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:07   #4

Nmea 2000 issue or you have ais layers turned off on plotter.

Does it show up in the nmea 2000 device list?
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ais, boat, screen