Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-07-2019, 12:36   #7

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Jayco macerator, no tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghall View Post
A holding tank that can only be dumped to empty it is not legal...it has be capable of being pumped out too 'cuz there's no way to prove that it's never dumped inside the "3 mile limit" and no legal eagle would just take your word for it that it never is.

What you should have done was either add the vent and pumpout fittings to your potty or replace the portable potty with an MSD version that has pumpout and vent fittings, then and put a y-valve in the pumpout line and run a line from it to the macerator pump. Or--assuming you still own the boat--you COULD add the y-valve now and run a line from it to a deck pumpout fitting that you'll prob'ly have to install.

--Peggie
Thanks Peggy. As I said this was years age probably not to far after just pump i it overboard. I thought it may give the OP an idea. With your input of a Y valve and a deck fitting for pump out it might be legal. I for the life of me can't see how a Y valve and a tiewrap insures someone hasn't discharged inside of 3 miles? Three miles is small distance to sail. PS add a vent or step on the peddle when discharging.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote