Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2020, 01:11   #16

Boat: Dragonfly 920 / 30 ft
Re: RYA Competent Crew & Day Skipper Courses

I am in the same boat as you, but based in Switzerland. I'm currently considering a RYA school in the Canary Islands, though Malta sounds very appealing as well.
Simon.Sails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:43   #17

There is an RYA center in Bahrain (Scubalife at the Bahrain Yatch Club) offering different sailing courses. If you have no practical experience, I would recommend you to take some hands-on courses.

I took three RYA keelboat courses at the center and bought my first sailboat in Bahrain. Remember, part of sailing is knowing how to maintain a sailboat and owning one will teach you tons about sailing.

You're welcome to join me for a day cruise in Bahrain if you wish. I sail almost every weekend with friends, its nice here.
Waleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:25   #18

Boat: Hanse 430e

Costa Blanco Sailing in Alicante Spain do a great course experience. Walter and Mike are very good instructors and have a suite of courses for both Sail and Power. Plus Alicante is a fantastic little place.
Dogscout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, skipper