The information online is a little cryptic so I'm hoping someone here may be confident on what I need to do to renew my MMC.
25 Ton Inshore Master
Near Coastal OUPV
Auxiliary Sail Endorsement
Wiper, steward, etc...
expires in 2020. I have a new CG-719K from my doctor and a recent (one-time) drug test from a consortium. I have not used my license
at all in the last 5 years but I own my own sailboat and have tons of documented sea time. My TWIC is also expired but I can fill out the waiver since I don't need it. Also I know how to use pay.gov for the fee.
Here are a few questions I still have to hopefully avoid making a mistake that would get my application rejected:
1) I don't see anything about a First Aid course on the renewal checklist. Is that not required for renewal?
2) Can I renew my Towing endorsement without any towing experience in the last 5 years?
3) Should I try for a greater tonnage than 25 or do they ever just upgrade you automatically? (My boat
is listed at 18 tons)
4) I should now have enough sea service
to upgrade my Master from Inshore to Near-Coastal (right now my Master is inshore only and I have OUPV Near-Coastal). Can I request an upgrade to that upon renewal without a new course?
5) Anything else new in the process or anything else I forgot to ask?
I very much appreciate any answers or tips you have!