Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-06-2018, 03:24   #1

From The Netherlands to Med....

Hello Sailors!

3 years ago my wife and I, we decided to realize my dream, and I bought an old, beautiful lady in Workum, The Netherlands: a Korneuburg C&C 27. I have lived close to the Tri Border area (Germany, The Netherlads and Belgium) for 4 years and praticed in the lakes between Wessem and Roermond (NL) but now is time to move back to my country, Italy.
In 2016 when I started thinking about moving back to Italy, my plan was to hire a transport company and have the boat delivered to Nice or Cannes, and then sail with an experienced friend to Italy. But the prices for road transportation were pretty low, compared to the quotes I've got recently (twice the 2016 quotes)
I desperately want to bring my boat with me and I've explored all the possibilities to reach the Mediterranean but I haven't cleared my mind yet.
My sailing experience is very limited so I would neither be able to sail all the way around Europe by myself , nor I'd be able to navigate through the 255 locks between Wessem and the Mediterranean Sea.
I would be happy to listen to your thoughts and advices about the best solution...
Road transport would cost more than 3900 euros which for my family in this period, with all the expenses we have, would be a very, very , very big effort...

Here is Homer from Workum to Wessem https://vimeo.com/150299960
and here... just sailing https://vimeo.com/182925603

Kind Regards,
Marco & Homer
Reddai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Netherlands