Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 18:13   #1

New to sailing & addicted to sailing :)

Hello Everyone.
My name is Christopher.
I recently took sailing lessons with my Girlfriend because she loves sailing but she has never gone.. After the lessons i fell in love with sailing(Serendipity). It is such a amazing feeling... I keep looking at buying a sail boat but its not really in my budget right now.. Kinda hard when your a college student...
But i want to get more experience. So i was just wondering if anyone every needs an extra hand to go sailing i would be more then willing to go along and help..I currently live in Gilbert Az so if anyone ever needs a hand please let me know... I also am going to San Diego from Aug 21st to the 24th for the Festival of sail. So if anyone is down there and also is looking for and extra hand, again i am soo willing to help... I just need to get back on a sail boat... It really is the greatest feeling in the world..

Thank you
Chris
Serendipity13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:09   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Hey Chris, great message! I wish I was in the area and could help you out. I sure hope you find a ride.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:28   #3

Thank you Dan... I hope i am able to find one also..
Old 06-07-2008, 22:19   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Do you have a local sailing club??? It would be worth going down there and placing a notice on the board as looking for a crew position.
Or what about looking around to buy a small sailing dinghy or beach cat so as you can have some fun sailing.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:44   #5

There are local sailing clubs & i have posted there but haven't had much luck.. I have been looking for a small sailboat but i haven't found that one that just jumps out & says im the one, lol i know it may sound stupid.. I'm even doing rowing right now just so i can get out on the water...

Thank you everybody for all ur advise so far..

Good luck with all your adventures
Old 09-07-2008, 09:29   #6

Bump.......
""Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.""
Old 13-07-2008, 12:39   #7

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Chris,
Welcome aboard! Hope you can find a crew position. There are several folks who have just posted under the meets and greets from San Diego. You might contact them through the forum.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 13:05   #8

Thank you I will go take a look right now
""Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.""
Old 13-07-2008, 16:43   #9

Boat: Precision - 18 ft
Hello : First Post

Hello:

Wanted to say hello to everyone. I bought an 18 foot Precision two months ago. My fiance grew up on sail boats in Southern California and loves it, but my previous experience was limited to power boats in the St. Simon's area in Georgia. All I can say is - I am never going back to a power boat. We have been sailing on local lakes (last time out we and our two boys were on the water for 7 hours). The plan is to learn over the next couple of years in this boat on the lakes and ICW and then move up to a thirty footer kept at a marina on the coast in South Carolina or Georgia. From there the ten year plan is to retire to a life on the boat.

Have enjoyed reviewing some of the posts and the wealth of information ya'll have to offer. Hope everyone has a great day. Look forward to getting to know some of you. I realize there is a lot to learn and I am looking forward to the journey.

Tony (and Bren)
TonyD is offline   Reply With Quote