Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2005, 07:17   #1

Blog Hosting for Sailors & Sailing

Hi all,

I'd like to announce a new blog system for people interested in crusing, racing and all things sailing-related. It's called SailBlogs and is at http://www.sailblogs.com.

If you've considered starting a blog, or looking for a blog host that is more in tune with sailing, than I'd like to invite you over for a look. The blogs are free and getting started is very easy.

If you are part of a sailing club, sailblogs can be a great extension of the club's website to provide current information to members about events and regattas.

SailBlogs is an outgrowth of my X-Journal system that is used by expeditions. When I became interested in sailing, I realized that sailors and cruisers share many of the same issues as expeditions - slow or no internet connections, remote locations, sometimes harsh conditions - as well as an interest to share thier adventures.

I took some of the best features of XJournal and made SailBlogs. In addition, if you find you need a more robust blogging system you can directly upgrade into XJournal which provides access to many additional features, such as automated map-tracking of your postion, with the map linked to the journal.

Since it's a new site, I'd also appreciate any feedback about it.

Thanks a lot, and I hope you enjoy SailBlogs!
---
tim
tim att sailblogs dott com
timh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sailing blog