Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 00:08   #16

Boat: Jeanneau 45,2
Re: Hello from Greece

Hi Sofia .
Yes the 30+15 euro is for transit log ...
Look here http://cruising.org.uk/news/greektax#EntryProcs

There is complete info and it is in english language and are valid but some time some of them is not required
After 2014 there are issues with refugees from turkey and things are more difficult when you are enter from turkey ..
So the first thing you have to do is visit port police to specific island to make the nessesery papers .
There are differences for the actually cost of sailing in Greece between Europe residents and residents outside Europe and because I am Greek there are other rules and different cost for us ,so i don't have the right info for foreign vessels right now .
Give me couple of days to reed the cost for U in Greek language to figure it out and I will be back with valid info .
Some tips I have for you :
There are public marinas and port that you pay for mooring or docking calculated by the length of your boat paid to the port police (the cost is very low ) .. (you don't have to use agents just contact port police and they will guide you)
For example (mooring is 0,03-0.05 cent per meter of the length of your boat per day and 0.30-0,50 cent to dock per meter per day plus the water and electricity you may need ..
There are private marinas (avoid them ) where you will pay money which I don't think it is nessesery unless you don't have other option .
And there are local little harbors where you won't pay anything for dock except water and electricity ..(and the most of the time water is free )
For example when you come to Crete if you go to chania marina you will pay from 15 to X euro depending of your boat plus extra water etc ...(its lovely marina to berth in the center of the city with all the bars -restaurant etc in from of you )but you can chose to dock or moor to Souda bay and other side little port for free or less than 3-5 euro and take the bus to down town .
At Crete the marinas of chania -rethimnon -iraklion - agios nikolas are kind of expensive marinas and Impersonal and for sure you have many other option
All other ports are free or close to free and they are lovely with very friendly local people , tradition real good food at very good prices and bars where you match and have nice time with the locals and their spirit!!
South part of Crete is better in my opinion !!
Grete is very very nice place to visit but to be honest you must visit Cyclades also !! Every island is different there and that the coolest thing at Greece ..
When and if you come to Crete pm for sure !! Until 11/9 I will be cruising at Cyprus and Lebanon and after that I will be back to sfakia port south Crete ..
Stakaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:11   #17

wonderful,for that moment,I think we will meet there abusolutly.

hope with your help, we will see the real local greece.

by the way, for those little port, do you have some website I could find them,

and check some informations?
Old 07-08-2017, 00:38   #18

Boat: Jeanneau 45,2

Good morning Sofia ..
List of free anchor port (or close to free (south Crete from west to east )palaikhora-agia roumeli-loutro-sfakia(there is my berth and the village I was born)-plakias- agia galini-Matala
Top beaches... falasarna -elafonisos (and becide elafonisos to the east I click away there is a hidden beach called cinderforest) -sougia-Vai
Small remote iland in south Crete to visit ... gavdos(must visit ) - gaidhouronisi- south koufonisi..
North at north Crete chania is a fantastic town with 2 marinas, little expensive but there is the option to moor at Souda bay and take the bus to downtown
Rethimnon is also nice town (also with private marina and a public harbor (I don't know about prices there !!
Iraklion is the biggest town at Crete (avoid it ! To much marine traffic ) but there is the Knossos palace to visit(one of the most important archaeological place in Greece )
Agios Nikolaos is a small very beautiful town with public harbor (not to expensive)
I don't know the time you have to spent at Greece ,but make a plan because there are to many island you must visit .
From Dodecanese which you will enter to Cyclades you have numerous places to visit ,so plan it carefully and maybe you if you have time leave Crete for later (October -November are the finest months to sail at Crete, prices will be better and the locals more relaxed from tourist stress .
Stakaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:58   #19

Boat: Corbin Ketch 39ft

Hello Sophia,
I tried to meet you in Krabi without success. I entered Rhodes without much problem in April. Jubilee is Currently on the hard in Rhodes but hope to be back in the water next week, I plan on going to Crete and hopefully finding an affordable place to winter over in Crete.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:22   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakaman View Post
Good morning Sofia ..
List of free anchor port (or close to free (south Crete from west to east )palaikhora-agia roumeli-loutro-sfakia(there is my berth and the village I was born)-plakias- agia galini-Matala
Top beaches... falasarna -elafonisos (and becide elafonisos to the east I click away there is a hidden beach called cinderforest) -sougia-Vai
Small remote iland in south Crete to visit ... gavdos(must visit ) - gaidhouronisi- south koufonisi..
North at north Crete chania is a fantastic town with 2 marinas, little expensive but there is the option to moor at Souda bay and take the bus to downtown
Rethimnon is also nice town (also with private marina and a public harbor (I don't know about prices there !!
Iraklion is the biggest town at Crete (avoid it ! To much marine traffic ) but there is the Knossos palace to visit(one of the most important archaeological place in Greece )
Agios Nikolaos is a small very beautiful town with public harbor (not to expensive)
I don't know the time you have to spent at Greece ,but make a plan because there are to many island you must visit .
From Dodecanese which you will enter to Cyclades you have numerous places to visit ,so plan it carefully and maybe you if you have time leave Crete for later (October -November are the finest months to sail at Crete, prices will be better and the locals more relaxed from tourist stress .
--------

Agios Nikolaos,yes I will go to visit here first

I have seen it on website so beautiful。

I do not have plan how long to stay,hope longer

and there is a Turkish tell me ,I have to have a marina book of Greece,or else

will be punished。 is this true?

Tags
Greece