Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-07-2016, 06:46   #1

Boat: bare boat charter world wide
G'day lads and lasses, new to Cruisers Forum

Long time sailor, but just recently discovered Cruisers Forum. My back ground in sailing began about 35 years ago when I joined the Newport Sailing Club, Newport Beach, Ca. Wanted excellent and professional instruction in seamanship, and sailing.

That all morphed into day sails, catalina passages, coastal sailing, instructing, and building my sea time (720 days documented time ) to sit for my U.S.C.G. 100 ton license, now bosted up to 500 tons). Delivery skipper, charters, and flotilla leader and instructor. I was able to live my passion, sailing, and making a living at what I loved.

Sailed the Calif. Coast, and Channel Islands, Catalina, Mexico, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, French West Indies, Windwards and Grenadines, Australia,
Tahiti, Tonga, the Greek Islands, and M/V two weeks up the River Shannon in Ireland. Getting into sailing opened up a whole new special world to me, and blessed me with finding Erica who shares the same passion for life.

Erica and I still sail our local waters and take off annually for our international cruising grounds sailing vacations. We have owned a Crealock 37, and partnered in a Erickson / Olsen 34.

Now in retirement here in Dana Point, we belong to a sailing club, and also

bare boat each year on our international sailing adventures.

When appropriate, we would like to share some of those experiences and knowledge that we have attained over the years.

Presently, reading the many posts on Cruisers Forum, and enjoying and learning at the same time.

Fair winds and following seas

Denny and Erica
bvisailing32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, rum