Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2012, 22:02   #661

Boat: 34 Irwin
Yes I'm male! Samantha Ann is my boats name. I always like that New England double woman's name. She is named after my niece . Figured that way I would not nave to change her name every couple of years!
Old 27-07-2012, 06:22   #662

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36 Cat
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hi all, just got to Part Deux! (Delay due to entertaining 19-year-old granddaughter, who at midnight announced that she can't keep up with me and is sleeping in for a while this morning!)

OK...guess you want the low-down-and-dirty.

I am 63 (64 next month) but 23 in my head - the rest of me has gained a bit on that, dammit, but I look reasonable.

My boat is a 36' Solaris Sunstar cat, French design, English built...so best of both worlds and there are only 12 of them around (only claim to fame....) She is named 'Manatee', is 16 years old this summer and is an easy single-hander though she does love company aboard.

My world suffered an upheaval when my husband of 25 years upped and left a year ago to take up with a younger woman.....can't blame him really as he is 18 years younger than me and we did have 27 good years together - I wouldn't be who I am and where I am today if it wasn't for that relationship! We are managing to stay good friends - which is more than his current relationship is appearing to do....hehehe!

I am fit, healthy and love any kind of travel, sea or land and haven't swallowed the anchor yet, though I have to consider staying here to do some work at the moment to augment my retirement income....St John is an expensive place to be poor! But beautiful.........

Music is a passion, also reading, movies, diving and swimming, hiking, some games and I am artistic'ish - never going to make millions from it!

Height 5'4, weight 125lbs, still flexible (!) own hair and most of own teeth - dental fund recently spent on a seriously needed haulout and sail repairs. Ah well, it doesn't stop me smiling as I am a happy soul and in love with life.

Not sure what else I can add, but am willing to answer any questions - and answer them honestly!

Cheers, all - will follow along the threads (as the spider said to the fly.....!)

Lee
Old 27-07-2012, 06:27   #663

DOJ? You sidled along here from YBW? Or have I got the wrong person?????
Old 27-07-2012, 06:33   #664

Boat: Mason 43

Lee,

You are such a darling with the best sense of humor evvvvaaar.

You keep smiling while Manatee looks her best!

Any man worth his salt would be lucky to have you...paying attention fellas?
Old 27-07-2012, 07:40   #665
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

lol....we here from everywhere--and st jo9hn would produce reasons to budget finely for me--i loved it there--i still have to get to st croix, inmy trekking of my late great aunties home ownership locales in usvi..i have already been to st thomas, st john, last is st croix.
Old 27-07-2012, 09:28   #666
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGal View Post
DOJ? You sidled along here from YBW? Or have I got the wrong person?????
Is that Lilolil? Me has a boat .

Many moons (and posts!) ago I did sidle along here from YBW - shortly afterwards I got my 3rd (or 4th?) lifetime ban ...and then spent many happy years away from the Lounge......I may or may not have recently been re-incarnated .
Old 27-07-2012, 09:33   #667

doj--you are fun!
Old 27-07-2012, 17:30   #668

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

Boat wouldn't hold to weather well from the looks of her though....accommodations a might sparse too me thinks!
Old 28-07-2012, 05:54   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakeasy View Post
You see, Gypsy Gal and Goldiephlox, we are a pleasant little single sailor funny farm afloat. Welcome to the group. Now where are you ladies, what do you sail, and what's your favored libation. I'm in La Paz on a 40' motorsailor and favor Jamesons Irish whiskey and French bourdeaux.
Thank you for the welcome to the funny farm, Speakeasy! At present I am living in what is termed the largest open-air asylum in the world, St John....I fit in here, so I should fit in with all of you!

If you didn't catch my confession on joining Part Deux, I sail a 36' Solaris Sunstar cat, 'Manatee', around the Windwards and Leewards, though I have delivered cats and monos to various places, including two Panama canal trips and an up-the-ICW one. Liked that, want to do it again - particularly interesting was motoring a boat across the centre of Florida via the Okeechobee canals and lakes....cool!

Favoured libation/s? Beer for swigging and cooling, wine for enjoyment and various spirits when partying....though I manage not to get outrageous any more! Sometimes a G&T,I&L is the ONLY thing to have......

I LOVE food and cook well - did 2 years as chef/hostess/first mate on charter boats but missed my own boat and she was lonely in storage. She certainly gave me a hard time when I got back! At present I am trying to build up the sailing coffers, but having difficulty doing it...especially as my granddaughter is visiting for the summer for two months and we tend to eat, drink and party out a lot! It's worth it.

Any further info I can provide, anyone? Just ask!
Old 28-07-2012, 08:40   #670

i stillneed profiles from
alize
daydream sailor
yachtski
please fill profiles and get back to me.. thankyou...
Old 31-07-2012, 09:18   #671

ok i got profiles from everyone except daydream sailor and another who i believe is already here, but not posting..lol

welcome to those who are new and i will be here when i have wifi again--seems la cruz, after lightning is a non wifi zone..

gypsygal--ye found us--welcome and have fun!!!
Old 31-07-2012, 23:35   #672

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

welcome to those who are new and i will be here when i have wifi again--seems la cruz, after lightning is a non wifi zone..

Zee,

What is your wifi set up?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:54   #673

Boat: 28Ft Piver Encore, Tri-Maran, Anchored in San Diego.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nemo55

Ok,,,Time to introduce myself, My Name is Alex, i am 56 years old, Ex Brit Canadian Landed Immigrant from Liverpool 41 years ago, Long time divorced, Three kids,two girls one boy and one grandchild (boy),another on the way.
Finally on good terms with my ex,although it took 15 years to get to talking again.
As my blog indicates,my boat is in San Rafael (San Francisco)and i am in British Columbia brooding over how to get to her(visa Requirements,,nothing bad though)or how to get her to me.
I am Moving down to Ensenada in September/October because my Medical Pension will stretch further there.
I am a fun guy to be around or so i am told, i have a wicked sense of humor and am well read, i love SciFi,and Mystery,Adventure, History, etc Books ,Movies, Good Drama, Most Music from 1950's all the way to 1980's
Used to love Dancing,spirit is willing but heart is weak.
I love good discussion, heated or otherwise,and i am told i can be a real PITA, i must agree with the last statement although i don't try to be.
I am sometimes way too honest for my own good(again so i am told)and take one foot out, to replace it with the other frequently.
I love life's adventure with company although mostly solitary and follow my own compass and am a believer in a greater Creator although not what most people follow.
I am not looking for any relationship starting with, or based on Sex, (although i used to think it was the end all and be all) rather,,i would enjoy good company, and good grace, good laughter, good food ( i am a great cook) i love singing although i cant play a guitar worth ****. therefore i am a Karaoke junkie unless there is a get to-gether with like minded people.
I used to be an old car nut,and i suppose that i still am although i sold it all recently to finance my 31foot JB Sea Runner Tri-Maran along with years of collections of tools etc.
Lastly, i am a blue collar guy, alway's have been,alway's will be. I have never been even remotely wealthy, and do not hold much importance on acquiring money.
I am not Pretentious, and do not suffer pretentious (Show offs) people very easily.
I respect those who are willing to get their hands dirty, and disrespect those who refuse to.
Lastly,,i am a defender of the under dog, i am,, (or once was) a Martial Artist but would rather be a Lover than a fighter, getting too old to be scrapping anyhow. Lol

Now that i have probably said too much too soon,,Greetings to one and all!!!
If there is anything else anyone would like to ask about, go ahead and you will get an honest answer.

https://nemo1955.blogspot.ca/
Old 01-08-2012, 06:48   #674

welcome nemo--blue collar is good. means ye actually WORK..LOL

why ensenada--why not farther south>?? is much nicer farther south. mazaltlan, for example, or anywhyere is nicer than ensenada-is a good check in point, tho.

wifi set up?? rofl....i dont think i would call it a set up unless ye consider setting up for a fail.....i have a lil dickie antenna that is only good fro attracting lightning, as a neighbor found out the hard way.....would love to have a set up but aint in cards....
Old 01-08-2012, 07:10   #675

Boat: 28Ft Piver Encore, Tri-Maran, Anchored in San Diego.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nemo55

Hi Zee

I had to rearrange my plans because i couldn't get to my boat in San Francisco,(Visa Issues) my original plan was to cruise on down from there to LaPaz.

But now i have to hold on to hope that i can save up money while i am living in Ensenada,to pay for a skipper to bring her to me. Because its closer and cheaper .
Well at least that's the idea...fingers are going to be crossed for a long time.

[QUOTE=zeehag;1003289]welcome nemo--blue collar is good. means ye actually WORK..LOL

why ensenada--why not farther south>?? is much nicer farther south. mazaltlan, for example, or anywhyere is nicer than ensenada-is a good check in point, tho.

https://nemo1955.blogspot.ca/
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle