Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 11:58   #31

Boat: Ketch, Hardin 45
Re: . . . No Evidence Yet

Now when people talk about life on other planets they mean intelligent life similar to us humans (though I have my doubts about our intelligent factor). In fact they have found bacteria in meteorrites and that does constitutes life. So there could be some higher form of life on some planets that could be equal to plant life, insects or fish of some sort... But Sorry, no intelligent life to our knowledge.
boasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 15:42   #32

Boat: Nor Sea 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
“The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.
However, that doesn't mean the subject of life outside our planet isn't being discussed or explored ...”

wrote space policy expert Phil Larson, of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.

More ➥
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/response/searching-et-no-evidence-yet

Good to know that they're on top of it.
Where was I when it was decided that credible eyewitness testimony was no longer to qualify as evidence?

Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio 23 july 2008 - YouTube

police UFO sightings - YouTube

There are countless examples of trained professionals who have observed UFOs and have given their accounts.
Eye witnesses testimony has led to the conviction and even execution of lots of criminals throughout history. I bet the criminals are rejoicing as I type.

"When right is wrong and wrong is right. When day is dark and night is light. When truth is lies and lies are right. It may be time to say goodnight"
Old 08-11-2011, 16:04   #33

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Trained professionals maybe, but it doesn't mean they weren't drunk, hung over or otherwise deluded.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 16:08   #34
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Read Micheal Moorcock....?
I had SUCH a thing for Elric!

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 16:11   #35

Angry Re: . . . No Evidence Yet

I think you earthlings only ever looked on your Moon. Shame on you!
Noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:13   #36
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead View Post
There are countless examples of trained professionals who have observed UFOs and have given their accounts.
If you are talking about trained (and Govt funded?) professional UFO spotters then would seem to be in own interests to spot a UFO every now and again.

Quote:
Eye witnesses testimony has led to the conviction and even execution of lots of criminals throughout history. I bet the criminals are rejoicing as I type.
Plenty of studies say that eyewitness accounts are unreliable evidence (for both identifcation and the events) where strangers are involved......of course much of the serious stuff happens between freinds and family and business associates - so, "I saw Uncle Bob cut off Aunty Joan's head with an axe" is a more reliable witness testimony because of the prior knowledge of these people. But it would also be backed up by a) Aunty Joan no longer having a head and b) Uncle Bob being last seen heading to Mexico
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:11   #37
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

I go to a place in Jamaica called Santa Cruz and fly my Paramotor..well they didnt know what it was so they called it a UFO..reasonable enough..the news papers got a lot of business from it...then people started getting worried..so after the 3rd time in as many years they did an interview so they (older folks) would not be scared that they were being invaded by UFOs...superstition and religion seem to be the backbone of ignorance..maybe all these UFOs are simply unidentified aircraft...better to keep'em ignorant than to tell them about classified projects...DVC
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:00   #38

Boat: gulfstar ketch 41 Surya

Attention Earthlings.
If you do not want your brains to be eaten you must put money in my Paypal Account. PM me for details.
Regards
The Alien
S/V_Surya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 16:38   #39

Boat: Nor Sea 27'

Yeah, I guess the entire Trumbull county police station, including the dispatchers and a bunch of town people were just drunk. Or maybe just ignorant.

Trumbull County - Police UFO Chase 1994 - part 1/2 - YouTube

Nah, I don't think they are the ignorant ones.

There are none so blind......
Old 09-11-2011, 16:53   #40
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Yeah, I guess the entire Trumbull county police station, including the dispatchers and a bunch of town people were just drunk. Or maybe just ignorant.

Hey... Knothead.... ,you know what they say about eating too many donuts?...the first sign is you start seeing things..and from the looks of those cops they were eating too many...you know how to tell when a cop is dead? the donut rolls out of his hand....belive half of what you see and none of what you hear......LOL.. beam me up Scotty...DVC
Old 09-11-2011, 16:57   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
“The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.
However, that doesn't mean the subject of life outside our planet isn't being discussed or explored ...”

wrote space policy expert Phil Larson, of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.

More ➥ https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/response/searching-et-no-evidence-yet

Good to know that they're on top of it.
hmmmm, i don't know, smells like another cover up.....

Is Barack Obama an Alien? | Verum Serum
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 16:58   #42

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I go to a place in Jamaica called Santa Cruz and fly my Paramotor..well they didnt know what it was so they called it a UFO..reasonable enough..the news papers got a lot of business from it...then people started getting worried..so after the 3rd time in as many years they did an interview so they (older folks) would not be scared that they were being invaded by UFOs...superstition and religion seem to be the backbone of ignorance And violence!..maybe all these UFOs are simply unidentified aircraft...better to keep'em ignorant than to tell them about classified projects...DVC
Your lucky you didn't get shot down.
Old 09-11-2011, 17:05   #43
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:

No idea what they saw - but nor do they, hence it being called a UFO

My bet is that at least half of them are more closely related than would be considered polite ......... and the other half bear an uncanny resemblance to much of the local livestock
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 17:12   #44
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
Your lucky you didn't get shot down.
If you go on craigslist in Charlotte NC and go to Raves and Rants look up the links to "Paranarc" and you can read some of the crazy things people think about when they see one of these things fly over...at least un-stable people..this guy says he is going to shot me ,the cops ,and anyone else he thinks is invading "his airspace"..last time I looked the FAA ruled on airspace...DVC ..you would be amazed at some of the things you can see puttin around in the sky at 26 mph and 100 ft off the ground...
Old 09-11-2011, 17:16   #45
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Re: ... No Evidence Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
first off, are we certain there is intelligent life on THIS planet??????
I am reminded of Monty Python Meaning of Life - Galaxy Song

....So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote