Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2017, 05:23   #76
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: 10.5 Month Budget $$

I posted the month's spending. I could have made it under budget by just putting off one purchase the other day. But that would have been wasting time to go back later and order it. Even though I've got nothing really but time my old time management thinking didn't allow putting it off and having to start over on the order.

So far as this thread goes, ...................... I failed!
Old 18-08-2017, 07:41   #77

Boat: PSC Orion 27

34.53 over budget? Brutal. Better luck next month. When buying sake for your rice, perhaps a cheaper bottle? :^)
Thanks again Don.
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 10:27   #78

Boat: Newport 28 & Robalo 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
OUCH!. So I have $15/day guest slips, low humidity and a summer without a hint of rain. Yes there is a reason I stayed in the SF Bay and Delta area.

Though in SF, poor people are defined as folk who make less then $116K/year. Crazy prices on land.

Howdy SC,
Two of my young'uns are stationed at Alameda/CGI (PCS soon), have Navy base housing (BAH/'free', etc.), still pretty much po'folk by your numbers.
They like the weather (except the rain/chilly winter) and lots of other stuff around SF, but really got an eyeopener with the local COL, especially housing. I've looked around there (SF+area) online at real estate, it's insane. Other kids (fmr AF O's) just built a good-sized semi-custom new home on decent lot near San Antonio for ~350K; I looked at comparables in SF and LA and they were like $1.5-2.5M+ over there (mostly zero lotline), crayzee.
You might check out TX coast, much cheaper, if one can stand the heat&humidity, etc.
Tx J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 11:52   #79

Boat: Oday Mariner 19 , Four Winns Marquis 16 OB, Kingfisher III
Send a message via Skype™ to Colin A

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
They probably do, but don't you think that is just a little expensive for a mooring ball and a shower?
It doesn't take a genius to figure out why they don't want you anchored out, they want you on a $325 ball. Profit rate on that has to be pretty good.

I'm in Britt Point Marina, a working yard kind of Marina and paying way more than I did in my old Marina and more than I will in Brunswick for old wooden docks without even cleats, no showers, Wifi, nothing.
Boat is being worked on, I don't have a choice.
We rented a house on the island.
S Fl prices is what I'm told, but it's not "season" so why the high prices?
Astonishingly to me Ft Lauderdale gets it. I stayed there at the City Marina which is a very nice Marina for an insanely low price, when I told them I thought it would be $300 a night or something, they told me in Winter it would, but the city decided during off season that a mostly full marina is better than an empty one.
Could be worse one of the Marinas here charges $80 bucks a foot for the summer on a mooring. (it does include launch service)
Old 25-08-2017, 19:10   #80

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
I so don't do blogs, vblogs, etc. A bit tooo much like work.
Yeah, but, but, some of us would really like to see what you're up to, where you are, where you're going, where you've been etc. I know it's selfish, but you're doing what many of us want or are planning to do. When WE finally shove off, if Harvey doesn't take our boat tomorrow, it would be cool to run across some of CF members who've helped us out with their experience and have a few drinks / dinner etc and maybe help each other out......is that wierd?
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 20:04   #81

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgtPitt View Post
Yeah, but, but, some of us would really like to see what you're up to, where you are, where you're going, where you've been etc. I know it's selfish, but you're doing what many of us want or are planning to do. When WE finally shove off, if Harvey doesn't take our boat tomorrow, it would be cool to run across some of CF members who've helped us out with their experience and have a few drinks / dinner etc and maybe help each other out......is that wierd?
Umm, Mate, let's consider what SC already does do for you: posts fairly frequently with useful information often based on her unique life style, engineering background, avoids the bun fights and sheds thoughtful light on happenings in the Bay Area.

Besides this, she helps moderate the forum (a task whose considerable proportions I was totally ignorant of until Ann became a mod).

And now you want her life history, movements and other trivia as found in Facebook and many blogs.. sheesh, show some compassion and get your info from folks who want to bare their souls to all viewers.

Jim
Old 25-08-2017, 21:04   #82

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78

No, not ALL that. I appreciate the info and prospective she provides and assumed there was a place to follow her travels and share in her adventures.
Not all of us are Richards with a Cabeza de Richard attitude.
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget