Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-12-2015, 13:48   #1

Stuck in ft Lauderdale with engine problems

My yanmar 1 cylinder 12hp diesel died twice on me while under load. It starts up and I tested it on anchor. As soon as I get in the channel the engine slowly dies off. I just ran it and im getting black smoke with an odor and it died again. It wont start up right after it dies.
I am getting some white smoke out of my mixing elbow and I notice a little cut in my fuel line but it didn't go all the way thru.
What ive done:
1. Replaced fuel line that was damaged
2. Replaced both fuel filters
3. Tightened and rigged mixing elbow as good as I can get it.
4. Tightened all clamps
5. Checked fuel. No water, looks good
6. Checked oil, looks good.
Im in lake Sylvia, fort Lauderdale. I just need to motor to Biscayne bay where im stay for a bit to get some other boat work done. I rigged up my dinghy so if the engine dies I can jump in it immediately to tow it. If the engine doesn't work im not sure what to do next. I did everything I can think of. I just need to go 30miles.
All advice helps
Thank you
morgan342 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine