Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2024, 15:54   #1

Boat: Fountain Pajot,Lucia 40
Water sender

With the current setup in my Lucia 40, I have to start the navigation system to check the water level in the tanks, as the sender is attached to the electronics backbone. I want to install a stand-alone sender to a gauge where I can anytime check the water level without starting the whole GPS-Navigation system.

Has anybody done this ? Pointers ? By the way, I pray the original sender does not go bad, it seems you have to demolish half the boat to get access !
SailBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 17:43   #2

Boat: FP Mahe 36 Duo
Re: Water sender

If it’s not tied to the NEMA backbone.(probaby not) get into the panel and pull the hot lead off from behind the guage and put it on a separate switch that works independently. You can leave the ground alone. Personally, I like mine all my guages lighting up on the main power switch. Makes me feel official….lol. Good luck.
Kazamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 21:34   #3

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Water sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamaran View Post
If it’s not tied to the NEMA backbone.(probaby not) get into the panel and pull the hot lead off from behind the guage and put it on a separate switch that works independently. You can leave the ground alone. Personally, I like mine all my guages lighting up on the main power switch. Makes me feel official….lol. Good luck.
If its NMEA install a raspi with venus OS and a nmea hat. Then you can remote steer via a touchpanel or VPN portal from your phone or tablet the tank levels....maybe cheaper and less painfull then demolish half of boat and solve several other issues/monitoring needs too.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water