Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 09:48   #136

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Quote:
Originally Posted by svrodeorm View Post
I wish I had seen all this before swapping engine in my boat a year and a half ago...

Yanmar has soft mounts, according to several 'gurus' I've asked.

Yep! Me too! If I'd known that Yanmar was a dancer I would have installed it differently the first time. So most of the labor was a waste the first time around. The good thing is all the hoses and cables were long enough to reattach. I did have to add 4" to the exhaust hose.

Currently i am contemplating buying a new -to me- boat with an old volvo engine. hmmm, will I ever learn ?

That maybe something to consider. In my case the motor was 2/3 the cost of the install and I did it all myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Del one thing that I didn't see in your economics of work is the "psychological" economics of work. To me it seems like you enjoy your work and take pride in a job done to an extremely high standard. How does that fit in?
I did mention that; "And, I don't have to get up too early in the morning and deal with a bunch of fellow employees! ". Having someone pushing you to keep a schedule, forcing one to cut corners or omit finish work, is not my idea of a job well done. Yep! I use to be a perfectionist and sometimes I have a relapse.

Well, I launch today. We'll see what happens.

Tags
yanmar