I was out for a first shakedown sail and saw the sky go real gray and so I turned around and head
back to the morning hoping to beat the down pour. I didn't I got pelted with torrential rail and very high winds. The AP was acting up.. must be something with the compass
so I had to take over the helm
at time since I was trying to stay in the channel. YIKES When it rains it pours. I going downwind and that was better for the high winds but there was an accidental gybe and one of the full batten came out and I was concerned it might come all the way out from the sailing flogging when I took it down. Roller furling
When I did being to take the sail down the sky opened up and one of the screws on the sailtrack gate was missing so the slugs were coming out and I had the pull the sail forward to stop that.. The batten was working its way out and I managed to grab it before Davy Jones.
I made it to the morning but when I went forward to grab it.. in the high winds, completely drenched.. the bow blew off and turned between the mooring
lines and the dinghy
. YIKES Your guess it... painter wrapped around the prop. Not how I expected to be moored. When the winds let up a bit I was able to get the mooring
lines .. I had to cut the dinghy
painter... and do an another one ... So the boat finally was on the mooring properly and I went below to wait for the rain to stop. It did. I thought the engine
was sound weird. I was right. I look at it and it has move after about 1/2" I assume the prop was spinning and did a big wrap which forced the entire prop, shaft and engine
aft. There were no leaks
I have no idea how to get the engine back where it belongs. I have a call into a diver to remove the dinghy painter wraps on the shaft. I suspect that will be done on Monday.
Once removed it I run the engine in forward will the prop push it forward back where it was?
How do I get the engine where it was before?
Will the engine need to be realigned?
I think the engine mounts need to be replaced and was intending to do this this Spring. Must I do it now? (seems like a good idea)
Can this "project" be done on the morning?
If not, should I motor
to the yard or have the boat towed? (1.5 miles)
Could this work possibly be covered by insurance
Thanks for your help!