Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 15:16   #16

Boat: jeps got it
Send a message via Skype™ to mikethedane
Re: nautitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid at SailAway View Post
Hi Mike, check your PM's...
Hi Sid

still haven¨t gotten anything from your side
Old 02-05-2014, 15:30   #17
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Re: Nautitech

Mikethedane,

You cannot compare the base price of Lagoon, Nautitech or FP to those of Outremer and Catana. In the latter group even the sails are optional..
To give you an example, Catana 47 base price is 609.000 €. With basic electronics + sails w/out genset, A/C, etc, you end up at around 720.000 €.
Apple to apple, Catana is at least 30 % more expensive than Nautitech.

Yer L 52 price seemed a bit weird to me; too low. I know that fully equiped one was around 950.000 € range. (A/C, genset, radar, water maker, washer, TV set, etc..)In any case, I wouldn't take the L 52 in any respect at the same class where Catana 50, Nautitech 542 , even FP 50 stands..
Cheers
Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 15:46   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
Mikethedane,

You cannot compare the base price of Lagoon, Nautitech or FP to those of Outremer and Catana. In the latter group even the sails are optional..
To give you an example, Catana 47 base price is 609.000 €. With basic electronics + sails w/out genset, A/C, etc, you end up at around 720.000 €.
Apple to apple, Catana is at least 30 % more expensive than Nautitech.

Yer L 52 price seemed a bit weird to me; too low. I know that fully equiped one was around 950.000 € range. (A/C, genset, radar, water maker, washer, TV set, etc..)In any case, I wouldn't take the L 52 in any respect at the same class where Catana 50, Nautitech 542 , even FP 50 stands..
Cheers
Yeloya
Yeloya

i do only tell what i can calculate based on the information i¨m getting and based on the option i have and when it comes to the base price i did not say that was the version i wanted just as an FYI and the biggest issue is actually with the Nautitech options are expencive compared to Catana and with options i want on each boat i will end up with 1,5 million euro for the n542 and for the lagoon it will be 910.000 Euro and for the catana C55 1,6 million Euro

i¨m still waiting for the final quotation on the n542

and i¨m not comparing only given the information ..
Old 02-05-2014, 15:56   #19

Boat: O45 ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethedane View Post
Yeloya

i do only tell what i can calculate based on the information i¨m getting and based on the option i have and when it comes to the base price i did not say that was the version i wanted just as an FYI and the biggest issue is actually with the Nautitech options are expencive compared to Catana and with options i want on each boat i will end up with 1,5 million euro for the n542 and for the lagoon it will be 910.000 Euro and for the catana C55 1,6 million Euro

i¨m still waiting for the final quotation on the n542

and i¨m not comparing only given the information ..
If I could spare that amount of money I would consider the C59 Gust of wind. Demo boat at the 2013 La Grande Motte show and still for sale. Or a new 5X.

Rob

Note
The Nautitech 542 has very large sugar scoops so although the waterline is longer the space on the boat is a little disappointing for a 54.
Multihull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 16:01   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multihull View Post
If I could spare that amount of money I would consider the C59 Gust of wind. Demo boat at the 2013 La Grande Motte show and still for sale. Or a new 5X.

Rob

Note
The Nautitech 542 has very large sugar scoops so although the waterline is longer the space on the boat is a little disappointing for a 54.
i will say this if the prices holds it will be a race between the Fatlady "Lagoon" and the Catana .. and yes i aware of it is very different types of boat and i did look at the C59 which was there this year as well and she is to big for me and tall as hell
Old 02-05-2014, 16:02   #21

Boat: Catana 50

Quote:

Rob
Dont mean to be too pedantic, but the C59 at the show was the customers boat 'Django', not 'Gust of Wind'
AliaVita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 16:09   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliaVita View Post
Dont mean to be too pedantic, but the C59 at the show was the customers boat 'Django', not 'Gust of Wind'

i know that all i said she was tall so i guess it was the same the one in 2013
Old 03-05-2014, 08:46   #23

Boat: O45 ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliaVita View Post

The 2014 show yes.
But that is why I said 2013. 👍
Cheers Rob
Multihull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:49   #24

Boat: Catana 50

Quote:
The 2014 show yes.
But that is why I said 2013. 👍
Cheers Rob
And so you did, quite correct, yet another year has slipped me by unnoticed!
AliaVita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:59   #25

Boat: Nautitech 40 (2005)

I think I'm one of the few private owners of a Nautitech on here, so I almost feel obliged to comment.

I'm fairly sure the 542 is the same 'generation' as my N40, in terms of design. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I'll stick my neck out and express the (purely personal) opinion that the 542 is the sleekest design of cruising cat you can find, from an aesthetic point-of-view, and this translates into lower windage than much of the competition.

Of course, like the smaller versions, the 542 achieves this partly by reserving the shade of the coach-roof for passengers and keeping the helmsman exposed. If, like me, you choose aft twin helms because you like them, rather than because you tolerate them as a design compromise, then you will be very happy..

Presumably build quality is also similar to mine, with hopefully some recent improvements. It's not perfect - some of the trim (well most of it actually) is screwed on with exposed screws. Too much interior hardware is chrome or electro-plated, and access to stanchion bases and chainplates from the interior is impossible without retro-fitting access hatches for each one.

I wish there were more private owners to share experiences, but that's another matter..
chris in SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:25   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris in SG View Post
I think I'm one of the few private owners of a Nautitech on here, so I almost feel obliged to comment.

I'm fairly sure the 542 is the same 'generation' as my N40, in terms of design. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I'll stick my neck out and express the (purely personal) opinion that the 542 is the sleekest design of cruising cat you can find, from an aesthetic point-of-view, and this translates into lower windage than much of the competition.

Of course, like the smaller versions, the 542 achieves this partly by reserving the shade of the coach-roof for passengers and keeping the helmsman exposed. If, like me, you choose aft twin helms because you like them, rather than because you tolerate them as a design compromise, then you will be very happy..

Presumably build quality is also similar to mine, with hopefully some recent improvements. It's not perfect - some of the trim (well most of it actually) is screwed on with exposed screws. Too much interior hardware is chrome or electro-plated, and access to stanchion bases and chainplates from the interior is impossible without retro-fitting access hatches for each one.

I wish there were more private owners to share experiences, but that's another matter..
Hi Chris

Thank you for your feedback and nice to know with those things i will ask them when i go test sailing on them in 2 weeks
Old 25-06-2015, 22:46   #27

Whilst not a 542, I recently purchased an Open 40 and sailed her from the boat show at La Grande Motte to the west coast of Greece.
After 1000 miles at sea non stop I can say that I was very impressed with the handling and super impressed with the mileage we achieved.
We struggled to find any real wind and chose to motor most of the way. Kiwi as we have called her managed 2.8litres per hour at 2000 rpm her twin Volvo 30's kept us moving at an average of 7knts.
She sits very lightly on the water and rides over 2m swell without effort unlike the same sized Lagoon which would slap down off the back of similar swell making it very uncomfortable.
If the new Open 40 is anything to go by the 542 would be on our shopping list for sure..

You can see more about Kiwi at journeytothemed.com
Kiwicat is offline   Reply With Quote