Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2014, 09:22   #1

Boat: jeps got it
Send a message via Skype™ to mikethedane
Nautitech

Hi all

i would like to hear from the owners of the nautitech Catamarans and hear your feedback on it since i¨m presently looking in to buying there 542 i¨m aware she is a fairly new Catamaran just like to hear your feed back .. or suggestion were i will be able to get some more information on them
Thank you in advance
Old 30-04-2014, 10:52   #2

Re: nautitech

The chances of finding someone who owns this boat are extremely slim, which may be a good reason to look at other boats. I remember the initial reports and feedback of the new Lagoon 52 were all positive. Now after months of ownership the negative reviews are pouring in.
jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 11:48   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostalli View Post
The chances of finding someone who owns this boat are extremely slim, which may be a good reason to look at other boats. I remember the initial reports and feedback of the new Lagoon 52 were all positive. Now after months of ownership the negative reviews are pouring in.
Can you send me some links please because i haven¨t been able to find any
Old 30-04-2014, 12:15   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethedane View Post
Can you send me some links please because i haven¨t been able to find any
About the Lagoon 52? Have you read this thread? http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...2-a-91433.html
Old 30-04-2014, 13:40   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck

Hi Mike, check your PM's...
Old 30-04-2014, 15:36   #6
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

I have seen the 54 in the Azores on my way back from the Caribbean;she is beatiful. The fact that she sells much less than the Lagoon 52 doesn't necessarily mean that she's not as good. To me, she should be sailing much better than many large scale production cats.
I am bit sceptical on the helm position but otherwise would be on top of my list.
Cheers
Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 15:37   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
I have seen the 54 in the Azores on my way back from the Caribbean;she is beatiful. The fact that she sells much less than the Lagoon 52 doesn't necessarily mean that she's not as good. To me, she should be sailing much better than many large scale production cats.
I am bit sceptical on the helm position but otherwise would be on top of my list.
Cheers
Yeloya
But the 542 is selling for the exact same price as the Lagoon 52.
Old 30-04-2014, 22:24   #8
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Looks like they finally put the anchor in a sensible spot
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:44   #9

Boat: between boats

I think yeloya means they sell less numbers of boats. At the same price as the lagoon you would have to have a very close look at the nautitech these days I think. I'm berthed next to a 47 today and they do look like they would sail ok. Obviously been some changes in the design team as these new boats look to be a vast improve on earlier efforts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:18   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
I think yeloya means they sell less numbers of boats. At the same price as the lagoon you would have to have a very close look at the nautitech these days I think. I'm berthed next to a 47 today and they do look like they would sail ok. Obviously been some changes in the design team as these new boats look to be a vast improve on earlier efforts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
actually the nautitech is around the same price as a Catana and the lagoon is roughly 40% less
Old 02-05-2014, 14:12   #11
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Quote:
actually the nautitech is around the same price as a Catana and the lagoon is roughly 40% less
No way..
The new Nautitech 40 open is 10% over FP's Lipari. (exactly the same size) New Lagoon 39 is some 5-10% cheaper than Lipari, hence maybe 15 %, max. 20 % cheaper than Nautitech.
I also know that N54 prices is very close to L 52 althought she's 2 ft longer.
Catana hasn't the comparable sizes but she's at least 30-40 % more expensive than Nautitech.

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 14:12   #12

Quote:
40% more than the Lagoon 52? Perhaps you are trusting the dealer a little too much. Just take a look at the various boat sales sites like Yachtworld. They are roughly the same price.
Old 02-05-2014, 14:30   #13

Boat: FP Astrea 42

I've sailed a week on a Lipari and last week had a test sail in La Grande Motte on the Nautitech 40 (and the Outremer 51). My 50 cents: incomparable! Where the Lipari had troubles with the waves in strong winds, the new open 40 cut through the waves like butter. The Lipari cracks and shivers, but the Nautitech (in 30 knots of wind) did not give a crack.

On the Lagoon: did not sail it, but the guy delivering the boat to the show told me that after the transfer of the 52 in these strong winds, not a door would shut normal again.

Everything has a price.
Roverhoofdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 14:58   #14

Boat: Catana 50

For what it's worth, I got chatting to the delivery skipper that had just arrived in Antigua direct from France in one of the early 542s last February, he also said they couldn't open or close the saloon door and they had to ease up because of the flexing. Didn't sound great to me.
AliaVita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 15:04   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
No way..
The new Nautitech 40 open is 10% over FP's Lipari. (exactly the same size) New Lagoon 39 is some 5-10% cheaper than Lipari, hence maybe 15 %, max. 20 % cheaper than Nautitech.
I also know that N54 prices is very close to L 52 althought she's 2 ft longer.
Catana hasn't the comparable sizes but she's at least 30-40 % more expensive than Nautitech.

Cheers

Yeloya
Hi Yeloya

these are the prices based on the spec i got from them 2 different dealers and i do admit that is incl all the option i want on them but base price for the N542 is 850.000 Euro in base and a Catana 55 is 986.000 for the lagoon 52 it is 652.000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostalli View Post
40% more than the Lagoon 52? Perhaps you are trusting the dealer a little too much. Just take a look at the various boat sales sites like Yachtworld. They are roughly the same price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverhoofdman View Post
I've sailed a week on a Lipari and last week had a test sail in La Grande Motte on the Nautitech 40 (and the Outremer 51). My 50 cents: incomparable! Where the Lipari had troubles with the waves in strong winds, the new open 40 cut through the waves like butter. The Lipari cracks and shivers, but the Nautitech (in 30 knots of wind) did not give a crack.

On the Lagoon: did not sail it, but the guy delivering the boat to the show told me that after the transfer of the 52 in these strong winds, not a door would shut normal again.

Everything has a price.
and i do agree with you roverhoofdman