Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 12:20   #16

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: Buying a boat in Italy - Registration/Flag Fees etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano_ita View Post
Hi

Nautica On Line - Passaggio di propriet? delle unit? da diporto

at the end of the page there are fees..according to me 404 euro plus all the 15-20 euro ecc smal taxes to be paid to legalize the paper..

Thats said get it belgian flagged.

You must have ICC or italian sailboat licence to drive it inside italian water (with belgian no problem all around the world)

Survey, by law, houl out, haul in, they check EVERYTHING but sometimes the surveyor in 30 minutes has done (meaning touch the seacock is stiff ok) 500 euro + boatyard.

Be sure to have personal radio licence for VHF (about 40 euro, only pay exam free)

Boat vhf homologation (about 60 euro)

Be sure that there are the tables of compass compensation (there must be on board for all the boat longer than 10 meters) always keep the recives of the technic on board (coast guard sometimes look for it, otherwise gps and compass and you could cheat ) (if not present is 350 euro for the technican)

All the safety equipment must not be expired, ecc (very big mafia about it, like a liferaft check after 3 years is 600 euro, a new one is 1200...) ouside italy is 350 euro...like fire extinguisher must be all RINA homologated (ordinary 20 euro extinguisher that become 100, but almost all the boat equipment sell the ordinary one and add a decals to it so its ok for law and you spend 25...5 for the decals LOL)...

Insourance in theory lot more expensive (if i'm not wrong there is a law, FOR SURE about car, but i can'f find info about boat, that if the good is italian it must have italian insourance, to avoid italian car-boat with romenian-bulgaria insurance far way cheaper)

Proof of vat payed (very common check by finance police)

Is it enought?

So get it belgian and enjoy your boat and stay away from italian coast (and as far as i know only croatian ask for boating licence to everybody, in croatia you can pay and get a very stupid exam in a day, but is valid only in croatia)

Stef
Now you can only have it Belgian if you live there or are a Belgian.

I bought an Italian boat and kept the Italian flag. For changing for any other country the least I would have paid was 2000 euros. Cheaper to maintain the Italian flag. Sailed the boat on the last 4 years with Italian flag and never been stopped by the police. I had already a valid license.

The fire extinguishers I have on the boat are the same as the originals and cost less than 30 euros if I am not mistaken and contrary to other countries where they had a very limited validity, in Italy providing the little pressure indicator is on the green all is well and that means about 5 years.

Prof of VAT payed is mandatory everywhere.

Yes the Italian insurance costs an extra 50 euros, don't understand why but at least on my case, all in all, it was less expensive and trouble free to remain with an Italian flag.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:58   #17

Boat: Endurance 35,1981

Hi Polux,

Thanks for the info.... Is there laundry service (self service) and Internet access wifi in the yard ?

What's it like for restaurants in the area, I will be spending a lot of time on the boat while I'm fixing her up it would be nice to have wifi access.

Is there shopping centers around the area etc.....

Thanks
Madrugada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:25   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrugada View Post
Hi Polux,

Thanks for the info.... Is there laundry service (self service) and Internet access wifi in the yard ?

What's it like for restaurants in the area, I will be spending a lot of time on the boat while I'm fixing her up it would be nice to have wifi access.

Is there shopping centers around the area etc.....

Thanks
There is at about 300m on the main road several places with cheap food and a good restaurant. There is a Chinese restaurant and a place that sells pizzas in pieces (delicious) and can deliver them to the boat or you can eat there. The Pizza costs about 5 euros delivered.

Also at 300m a super cheap supermarket with lot's of things (Eurospin).

At about 1km, 1,5km by the road you have Fiumicino and there you have everything. Not self service wash machine but several not expensive laundries.

At about 5 kms to the North you have a gigantic commercial center with everything you can imagine, from tools to books. There a bus that goes there from the road (300m).

Rome is at 30km and you have a train.

For internet you have to buy a pen with a sim card. The reception on the shipyard is not good and the internet is slow but you will need it anyway for sailing in Italy and get the weather reports (50 euros or so and then the recharging 10 euros or about it).
Old 02-02-2016, 12:40   #19

Boat: Endurance 35,1981

Hi Polux,

Thanks for that, I don't think the Internet would be good for the "Netflicks" then.

How about standing rigging, any places near by were I can get a quote from, I think I'll be replacing the majority of my rigging.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I'll be in the right place
Madrugada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 16:03   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrugada View Post
Hi Polux,

Thanks for that, I don't think the Internet would be good for the "Netflicks" then.

How about standing rigging, any places near by were I can get a quote from, I think I'll be replacing the majority of my rigging.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I'll be in the right place
Ask Luca for a quote. They change plenty rigs each year of all types. In fact they probably are changing mine this year (rod). How many years has your boat? Why are talking about standing rigging right?
Old 09-02-2019, 23:59   #21

Jesus....So dont need icc to sail all of EU if registered in Belgiam>? Just not in Italy? THANK YOU. Buying a 33 Nauticat in Malta. I have no experience or courses. Will get them if needed... Good to know all the "Rues of the road navigation etc? Your thoughts.
I am Canadian. Will register in Canada this week if i dont get a Belgian lead to have it done..and how etc? .......
mrmagoo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 12:39   #22

Boat: Hanse 430e

Can anyone recommend a good surveyor in Rome? I'm looking at a few sailboats less than 50' that are there and I would like highly recommended surveyor that is not recommended by the seller. Please reply here or by PM.

Thanks
Dogscout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, fees, Italy, registration