Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2021, 02:54   #61
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: SE ASIA 2021 - Info

Still averaging about 8000 new cases dailyClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210430-175253_Facebook.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	237518
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 03:51   #62

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Langkawi, in the Malaysian state of Kedah, is doing well.
Old 30-04-2021, 03:56   #63

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
Langkawi, in the Malaysian state of Kedah, is doing well.
Not going to be many cruisers left in Langkawi soon. Large group left last week and most of the others have 30 days to exit (from April 21).
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 05:36   #64

Lumut, including Pangkor Marina, in the Malaysian state of Perak, is also okay.
Old 30-04-2021, 05:55   #65

Pattern of evening thunderstorms in the Malacca Strait continues. Check the weather with the smartphone app MyCuaca or the website met.gov.my (attached is an animated gif - download and play to see a mix of recent past and then forecast future 'nowcast' based on numeric model).
Old 01-05-2021, 03:50   #66

Quote:
Ouch! If the linear trend continues, Malaysia will reach 4K confirmed new cases tomorrow.
Malaysia only recorded 2,881 confirmed new cases today.

Strong indication from government that (1) targeted local Movement Control Orders; and (2) several states will have stricter Movement Control Orders are in the near future.

Locals suggest the stricter MCOs have to introduced before Hari Raya. Meaning soon.

That's a hint from the locals to buy another 10 kg bag of rice and get ready to bunker down on the boat.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:29   #67

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Not going to be many cruisers left in Langkawi soon. Large group left last week and most of the others have 30 days to exit (from April 21).
Hi Paul, haven't read the whole thread, are they allowed to enter Thailand, if so can they return to Langkawi on a visa run when required?
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:54   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Hi Paul, haven't read the whole thread, are they allowed to enter Thailand, if so can they return to Langkawi on a visa run when required?
Yes on entry to Thailand, no on doing a visa run. Malaysia is only open for external cruisers who preapply and get approval. This means quarantining at one of the approved marinas ( like Royal Langkawi Yacht Club) and planning for significant work to be done in Malaysia.
Right now immigration is probably too busy to handle anyone,
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:03   #69

Quote:
Ouch! If the linear trend continues, Malaysia will reach 4K confirmed new cases tomorrow.
The linear trend did not hold, but Malaysia surpassed 4K confirmed new cases today.
Old 10-05-2021, 02:45   #70

MetMalaysia today announced that it expected the Southwest Monsoon to start on 19 May 2021 and continue to September.

See: MetMalaysia SE Monsoon 2021.jpeg, about 371 KB
Old 10-05-2021, 03:21   #71

Malaysia Immigration just annouced they would issue social visas to yachties that are in the country legally now till the end of Dec 2021. That's approximayely 138 foreign sailors. They also stated they would begin enforcement on yachts that have over stayed their visa.
Old 15-05-2021, 07:01   #72

Covid-19 cases in Malaysia continue.

Working from south to north along the west coast of peninsular Malaysia, from Pangkor Marina in Perak, through the marinas on Penang island, and to Kedah state and the marinas on Langkawi island and an neighbouring island:

Pangkor/Lumut/Dindings in Perak state has quite light infection, compared to the urban/industrial centres of Ipoh and Taiping and areas at the southern and northern borders of Perak;

The marinas on Penang Island are more (in the case of the Jabatan Laut marina at Batu Uban) or less (the Straits Quay marina) surrounded by varying density of infection (red in the infographic meaning higher infection numbers); and

Infections in Kedah have developed surprisingly quickly. Langkawi has a scattering of cases, especially compared to the urban/industrial areas of Sungai Petani and Alor Setar and the industrial/dormitory areas along the southern border with Penang.
Old 20-05-2021, 02:13   #73

Malaysian new cases numbers today 20 May 6,806. So two days greater than 6 thousand. And with 8,000 new cases daily within reach.

Rumour has it that a more strict movement control order will be considered at the National Security Council (MKN) meeting on Friday 21 May. That might involve, at least for some states, closure of all but 'essential' business, only one person in a car, and written permission required for all outings other than outings for purchasing food.

Local suggest buying another bag of rice. Soon.
Old 20-05-2021, 03:50   #74

And for a bit of fun: remember when people blamed the biggest economy in Eurasia for Covid-19?

In the next issue of Clinical Infectious Diseases, a paper will be published arguing that the eighth (8th) coronavirus to cross from other animals (in this case domesticated dogs/cats) to humans has just done so.

And caused a case of pneumonia. Ooh! How about that?

This time in Sarawak, Malaysia.

I've attached a pre-print version of the paper. I'll delete it in 24 hours.
Old 22-05-2021, 08:28   #75
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

As a resident of Subic and over 70, I registered and was on the priority list for a vaccine , which they started this week.

The list is comprised of thousands of residents and workers.
So when I go to get vaccinated at clinic, they start looking through pages and pages of names
Nobody.though to maybe arrnge the list in alphabetical

Just keep tellin yourself that
"Its more fun in rhe Philippines !"
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Asia