Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2017, 13:41   #61

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: How do you handle being sick.

Fiery throat's my first sign, too. I then take a "fizzy", a dissolvable Supradyn multivitamin and mineral supplement. It works about 2/3 of the time, sore throat disappears, and I feel normal. Sometimes I get sick anyway, and I use time release Vit C and echinacea. I don't know if the Vit C and echinacea help or not, but it makes me feel as if i'm doing everything i know of to help my body get better.

Ann

PS. @ UNCIVILIZED, sometimes it's better to tell it like it is, rather than pussyfooting about. However, you're right in your observation, in writing, i try to avoid "profanity," something about it demonstrating a paucity of vocabulary.
Old 03-01-2017, 17:01   #62
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
ROTDLMAO!

The epitome of a quack!

I learn so much from visiting CF. Until today I was not aware of the doctors of nutripathy. From what I can see, it appears to be an example of Bonafide Quackery.

Here is an excerpt from the bottom of that linked form:

"Nutripathy is a Spiritual/Scientific application of Natural Healing Principles, in the name of God Almighty, as taught by Christ Jesus to His disciples in the Bible and oral tradition. In God's natural healing methods it is not necessary to pinpoint diseases. Nature heals when the body is normalized and natural foods and supplements are taken in place of toxin-producing substances. We believe it is not important to name the diseases."
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 17:43   #63
RPZ

Oil of oregano, also colloidal silver will stop most viral and many bacterial infections very quickly. Oil of oregano can be purchased in softgel capsules (these may degrade in hot humid environments). If raw oil is used dilute it with olive oil or other as it is very unpleasant to consume pure. Also good to take it with some food.
RPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:23   #64

Location: Horseshoe Cove Sausalito/Currently in La Paz,BCS,Mex.
Boat: Ron Holland 43 Semi-custom Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
That's my Alma Mater,got a BS degree then went on to Trump U of Somewhere graduating with honours (extra cost) landed a great position as a intern assistant telemarketer in Nigeria.
Dr Duck Quack BS,ADD,U2?
Old 05-01-2017, 21:26   #65
RPZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
No, flu shots work, for the strains that they are, no way they can cover all strains of course.
However, most of the time we say we have they flu, we don't. The flu can be a killer, especially if your not 20 yrs old and in top condition.

Flu is a killer, ever heard of the Spanish flu of 1918? I believe it killed as many as 10% of the ones infected, it killed more people than died in WWI. It killed more than the Black Death did.

https://www.archives.gov/exhibits/influenza-epidemic/

Take the shot, it could possibly save your life, and if enough of us take the shots, we might could just avoid another pandemic.
In all the recent scares, measles etc it has been vaccinated people that have caught it and spread it to others. Vaccines are one of the biggest medical frauds in history.

Next time you go for a flu or other vacc, ask the nurse or physician to give you the paper leaflet that comes when the vaccs are shipped. Not the sales baloney, the little slips of paper that come in the carton with each dosing flask.

Read them. Then come back here and tell us all how "good" vaccines are.
Old 05-01-2017, 21:40   #66

Boat: Nauticat 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
Wife came down with Dengue symptoms two days out of the Virgin Islands bound for Panama. Nothing for it but to ride it out. With just we two aboard, it was a bit scary. She was down for a week and didn't really recover for three more weeks. The virus ended up acting as an oncolytic and cleared the bone cancer secondary to breast cancer that was expected to kill her. Three years later she is still cancer free.

Glad to hear that Dengue "cured" your wife of cancer! I wonder what contracting Chinkungunya will cure for me...haha!

Seriously, congrats to your wife on being cancer free.
Raven Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 21:56   #67

It's a miserable feeling -- you're exhausted, your throat hurts, and you're achy and feverish. But is it a cold or the flu?
According to Cindy Weston, an assistant professor at Texas A&M College of Nursing, the flu and a common cold can have similar symptoms, but with a few distinct differences.

The most common cold symptoms are mild fatigue, fever, cough, sore throat and head, chest or nasal congestion. Also, a runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes are standard telltale signs, she said.

"The common cold is complicated to treat and can't be cured, but rest and nutrition seem to be the best approach," Weston said in a college news release. "You can take medications to treat the symptoms and make yourself more comfortable."

A cold typically goes away within a week. If you still feel sick after a week, or if your symptoms are severe or you have asthma or other chronic conditions, it might be time to see a health care provider, Weston advised.

"The flu typically comes on quick and strong as opposed to a nagging cold. You may be feeling fine during the morning but can feel horrible, with a fever and aches, in the afternoon," Weston said.

Another difference between the flu and the common cold is the type of aches and pains.

"Aches and pains are prevalent in both conditions, but with a cold, the aches are mild and generally associated with congestion. The flu can present with deep muscle pains in your large muscles, including your legs and back," Weston said.

If you get the flu, anti-viral medications prescribed within 48 hours of its onset can reduce the intensity of symptoms and reduce the risk of complications, she said.

"Both the flu and cold can lead to further problems like pneumonia, bronchitis or sinusitis. The flu is more likely to do so," Weston noted. "It's best to treat the symptoms and stay well-rested to lessen the chances of further problems."
More information

The American Academy of Family Physicians has more about colds and the flu.
crabcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 22:08   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPZ View Post
In all the recent scares, measles etc it has been vaccinated people that have caught it and spread it to others.
Why don't you share some evidence of that to help convince those of us less enlightened?
Brob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 22:33   #69
RPZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brob2 View Post
Why don't you share some evidence of that to help convince those of us less enlightened?
Better to self educate. I could offer sources of info, people that have done all the legwork, cite the studies - and the CORRUPTION. But it is better you do it yourself. Read, and you be the judge. But I did already cite their own writing that goes in the carton with each vacc ampoule. Get your hands on one and read it.

If the corporate heads that produced the polio vaccine ever wanted to break off some millions out of the billions they've made and have a sailing superyacht, they should call it the "SV 40 VIRUS".

Just google "SV 40 virus". Read enough and you'll understand why cancer, all kinds of tumors, bone disorders et al have skyrocketed since the the 1950s polio vaccs were shoved down our throats. And why 30 years later, almost unheard of cancers in children suddenly went sky high, as did autism among other things. And with the dozens of other vaccs now shoved down our throats, and our children, these horrors are continuing to spiral out of control.
Old 05-01-2017, 22:47   #70

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

RPZ,

While from your point of view, it may be better to self educate, in fact, if what you allege is correct, citations will help your credibility. Failure to do so when asked, does the opposite.

Ann
Old 05-01-2017, 23:22   #71
RPZ

I offered several leads to follow. It would take hours and pages to list all the material I have read, testimony by people in the vaccine industry, government etc.

I have simply stated some things matter of fact. Anyone is free to take it or leave it. You can not fight willful ignorance with a few citations, such people need to have a real desire to spend the time to look at all the evidence.

The vaccine and pharmaceuticals industry has built itself on more than 80 years of propaganda. Undoing that brainwashing is not going to happen here with anything I can cite or quote in a few words.

But I will throw out one more lead; who was one of the masterminds of the propaganda that has sold us on everything from medicines to wars?

... Well, read their lips. Start with the Edward Bernays book "Propaganda" (1928).

Me, I'll stick with oregano oil, colloidal silver, etc etc etc in my medicine bag for the most part.
Old 06-01-2017, 13:52   #72

Location: Horseshoe Cove Sausalito/Currently in La Paz,BCS,Mex.
Boat: Ron Holland 43 Semi-custom Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPZ View Post
I offered several leads to follow. It would take hours and pages to list all the material I have read, testimony by people in the vaccine industry, government etc.

I have simply stated some things matter of fact. Anyone is free to take it or leave it. You can not fight willful ignorance with a few citations, such people need to have a real desire to spend the time to look at all the evidence.

The vaccine and pharmaceuticals industry has built itself on more than 80 years of propaganda. Undoing that brainwashing is not going to happen here with anything I can cite or quote in a few words.

But I will throw out one more lead; who was one of the masterminds of the propaganda that has sold us on everything from medicines to wars?

... Well, read their lips. Start with the Edward Bernays book "Propaganda" (1928).

Me, I'll stick with oregano oil, colloidal silver, etc etc etc in my medicine bag for the most part.
OK,I can see where this is going. Same folks that introduced fluoride into our drinking water which I stopped drinking many years ago,believe me,not having any teeth is a small price to pay to escape the mind deadening effects of this secret plot to contaminate our precious bodily fluids. A quick google search will answer any doubts as to the truth of the above. Casting off the spring,bow and stern lines I'm outta here !