Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2022, 12:30   #241

Re: Canadian COVID part-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
For measles? I agree. For Omicron, the whole scientific community agrees that the current vaccines failed to stop it. It’s done and behind us, it failed as in the past sense. The evidence is staring you in the face and you come with a mantra of whatever there was before Omicron
This "failed to stop it" nonsense.

Did anyone promise the current vaccines would "stop Omicron"? But for reasons already given, vaccination has still been helpful in reducing severe illness, and 2+booster has shown some effect in reducing the chances of catching it.

btw, I am in agreement with the idea that Omicron is Mother Nature saying "here, hold my beer", and getting on with the job of creating herd immunity. Soon, because of vaccination and/or prior infection, COVID will no longer be novel to most of us. But vaccination and other measures have still been instrumental in helping us get to this point with the fewest possible casualties. Should more people have gotten sick or died so a handful of butthurt vaccine-refuseniks could enter any restaurants without masks?

it's a special sort of ingratitude, to be sh1tting on almost 2 years of efforts and perseverance, when we're right on the cusp of exiting the pandemic.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:33   #242
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Ah yes.. the pro EU Governor of the Bank of England..

And that alone is suffices disparage him from a man living in the EU.

Give it a Brexit break boatie
Old 12-02-2022, 12:46   #243

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
The Canadian Freedom Convoy has arrived in the USA
You're spelling it wrong: it's "Free&Dumb"... oh, and the convoy is not really that "Canadian".

But methinks you know nothing about Canada....
Old 12-02-2022, 12:48   #244
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Canadian COVID part-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
And that alone is suffices disparage him from a man living in the EU.

Give it a Brexit break boatie
Man your grammars getting worse.. ease back on the Ouzo mate..
Someone was singing the praises of a Canuk financial wizard who predicted a crashed economy, spiralling unemployment and more.. he could not have been more spectacularly wrong but we are supposed to give creedence to his opinions.
I have more right to my pro Brexit stance than that demented faux Irishman in America currently pushing for a war

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"I am not less life-loving than you are.
But I cannot sell my birthright, nor am I prepared to sell the birthright of the people to be free." Nelson Mandela.
Old 12-02-2022, 13:12   #245

Quote:
Someone was singing the praises of a Canuk financial wizard who predicted a crashed economy, spiralling unemployment and more.. he could not have been more spectacularly wrong...
If you say so...
Old 12-02-2022, 13:21   #246
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Man your grammars getting worse.. ease back on the Ouzo mate..
Someone was singing the praises of a Canuk financial wizard who predicted a crashed economy, spiralling unemployment and more.. he could not have been more spectacularly wrong but we are supposed to give creedence to his opinions.
I have more right to my pro Brexit stance than that demented faux Irishman in America currently pushing for a war

Seriously you need to read your own rants. astonishing stuff.

Brexit effect hasn’t happened yet Covid got in the way. The funs about to begin. However the 18th century dilettante, whose offices are now in in Dublin ( funny that ) in charge of “ Brexit efficiency “ will undoubtably lead the charge of returning British to its rightful place , ….. the 1750s.
Old 12-02-2022, 13:25   #247
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
For measles? I agree. For Omicron, the whole scientific community agrees that the current vaccines failed to stop it. It’s done and behind us, it failed as in the past sense. The evidence is staring you in the face and you come with a mantra of whatever there was before Omicron

Where is this so called great scientific consensus you claim

My understanding is the three vaccine boost is helping against serious illness associated with Omicron
Old 12-02-2022, 13:39   #248
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Seriously you need to read your own rants. astonishing stuff.

Brexit effect hasn’t happened yet Covid got in the way. The funs about to begin. However the 18th century dilettante, whose offices are now in in Dublin ( funny that ) in charge of “ Brexit efficiency “ will undoubtably lead the charge of returning British to its rightful place , ….. the 1750s.
That decade was a time of great expansion, Clive finished the French in India beginning the growth of the Empire.. the start of the industrial revolution..
Bring it on..

But I cannot sell my birthright, nor am I prepared to sell the birthright of the people to be free." Nelson Mandela.
Old 12-02-2022, 14:23   #249
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
The forecast by Mark Carney...
The Bank of England has given its starkest warning yet that a UK vote to leave the EU could hit the economy.

Mark Carney, the Bank's governor, warned that the risks of leaving "could possibly include a technical recession".

Prime Minister David Cameron said the warning amounted to "a very clear message" of the dangers of Brexit.

Vote Leave campaigners have strongly criticised Mr Carney, with one calling for him to resign.

However, a spokesman for Mr Carney rejected the call, saying the Bank had "a duty" to make its judgements known.

The latest minutes from the Bank's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) said that a leave vote may cause both growth and sterling to fall and unemployment to rise.

Mr Carney said the Bank had not compiled formal forecasts about the possibility of a recession - defined as two consecutive quarters of negative growth - resulting from a Brexit vote.

Chancellor George Osborne said the UK now had a "clear and unequivocal warning" from the MPC as well as the Governor of the Bank of England about the risks of a Leave vote.

The reality...
Unemployment at record low..
Youth unemployment at record low..
Fastest growth in the G7..
All that's needed is for Boris to grow a spine and act on Article 16 and stop kissing up to Brussels.. you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Old 12-02-2022, 14:38   #250

Boat: Sceptre 41

Back to "Covid in Canada" please....
Old 12-02-2022, 14:50   #251

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
Back to "Covid in Canada" please....

Old 12-02-2022, 15:23   #252
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
That decade was a time of great expansion, Clive finished the French in India beginning the growth of the Empire.. the start of the industrial revolution..
Bring it on..
Well JRM , will have boys back up chimneys in no time
Old 12-02-2022, 15:28   #253

Canada to make changes to COVID border restrictions next week-official

Canada is reviewing its pandemic-related border restrictions and will likely announce changes next week, as the worst of a Omicron variant-driven wave appears to have passed, Canada's health minister said on Friday.
"With the worst of Omicron now behind us, our government is actively reviewing the measures in place at our borders and we should be able to communicate changes on this next week," Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos told reporters. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation earlier reported the federal government was close to removing mandatory COVID-19 PCR testing for fully vaccinated Canadians who travel outside Canada.

Canada requires all travelers entering the country to provide proof of a negative PCR test conducted within 72 hours of arrival. It also requires all non-essential foreign travelers to be fully-vaccinated.
Old 12-02-2022, 16:18   #254

Quote:
The reality...
All that's needed is for Boris to grow a spine and act on Article 16 and stop kissing up to Brussels.. you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.
fastest growth in the G7. Ok, sure...

The current UK economic reality, in one word: COVID. Like most of the world, curiously. And there are jobs now that the EU workers were kicked out. Quel surprise.

Look, whether I agree about Brexit or not, UK is not my home, and I truly wish you well. But please don't blow Boris' second-hand smoke up my arse.
Old 12-02-2022, 16:24   #255
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
The forecast by Mark Carney...
The Bank of England has given its starkest warning yet that a UK vote to leave the EU could hit the economy.

Mark Carney, the Bank's governor, warned that the risks of leaving "could possibly include a technical recession".

Prime Minister David Cameron said the warning amounted to "a very clear message" of the dangers of Brexit.

Vote Leave campaigners have strongly criticised Mr Carney, with one calling for him to resign.

However, a spokesman for Mr Carney rejected the call, saying the Bank had "a duty" to make its judgements known.

The latest minutes from the Bank's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) said that a leave vote may cause both growth and sterling to fall and unemployment to rise.

Mr Carney said the Bank had not compiled formal forecasts about the possibility of a recession - defined as two consecutive quarters of negative growth - resulting from a Brexit vote.

Chancellor George Osborne said the UK now had a "clear and unequivocal warning" from the MPC as well as the Governor of the Bank of England about the risks of a Leave vote.

The reality...
Boris bullshittery as usual , the man is a psychotic liar

“At Prime Minister’s Questions, Boris Johnson claimed the UK was the fastest growing economy in the G7, a group of advanced world economies including Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK and the USA.

The Prime Minister has regularly made the claim at PMQs in recent weeks.

The latest data shows that the UK’s economy grew the most over the past year, looking at the change between the third quarter of 2020 and the third quarter of 2021 (data for the fourth quarter of 2021 is not yet available).

However, the UK’s growth was fifth when comparing the second and third quarters of 2021.”

Source https://fullfact.org/economy/january...gdp-growth-g7/

As for article 16 , not a chance , NI is making a fortune out of the arrangement , they’ll make a few tweaks that’s it. At the end of the day the UK write the protocol not the EU.

Boris doesn’t give too fag packets about NI. That’s why the DUP pulled the plug , they are really mad at Boris dumping them , bit like Cummings really.

Remember this is a man who on JRM whisper claimed Starmer didn’t prosecute Saville , a situation Starmer had nothing to do with .