Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2022, 05:34   #526
cruiser

Re: Canadian COVID part-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinePig View Post
And that makes you part of the problem. The protesters are mostly not against the vaccine. It is the mandating it that we are all against. Your PM is the modern day Hitler.

If you knew even the first thing about the holocaust, or shame for that matter, you would be ashamed of this post.

Kcmac, vanderbeek, joeyhecobler — This is the guy with whom you are making common cause. Think about that for a minute.
Old 16-02-2022, 05:37   #527

Boat: J/88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
On more relevant news, national hospitalzations continue their downward slide. Most provinces are edging down, although I have to note that Newfoundland has bumped up a bit (although the numbers are small, so it doesn't take much to make a big difference).

Still, I'm feeling increasingly optimistic.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coronavirustracker/
• https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html?stat=rate&measure=total_last7&map=pt#a7
Any idea what 'cases not yet protected' means?
Old 16-02-2022, 05:41   #528

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
Any idea what 'cases not yet protected' means?
Ha, good catch. I think this is new language, or addition to the tracking. According to the site:

Quote:
Cases not yet protected from vaccination include those whose episode date occurred less than 14 days after their first dose of the vaccine.
I think this used to part of the "partially vaccinated" category. I guess they're trying to be more refined in their reporting.
Old 16-02-2022, 05:54   #529

535 posts, and now that the situation is apparently changing to the point where the government overreach is becoming difficult to deny and those observing quietly are beginning to get vocal, the " moderators" are threatening censure.
Old 16-02-2022, 05:55   #530

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Definitions of “insurgent”:

“one of a group of people, fighting against the government of their own country, or against authority”.
"one who rises in revolt" against a government or its laws, 1745, from Latin insurgentem (nominative insurgens), present participle of insurgere "rise up, lift oneself; rise against; stand high, gather force," from in- "against,"

FindLaw Legal Dictionary
1 : a person who rises in revolt against civil authority or an established government
;esp
: one not recognized as a belligerent
2 : one that acts contrary to the established leadership (as of a political party, union, or corporation) or its decisions and policies
adj : rising in opposition to civil or political authority or against an established government

Oxford:
fighting against the government or armed forces of their own country
Merriam-Webster:
a person who revolts against civil authority or an established government especially : a rebel not recognized as a belligerent
Cambridge:
someone who is fighting against the government in their own country

* "4 Alberta border protesters charged with conspiring to murder RCMP officers"
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...bail-1.6352482

The English language has many words with duplicate meanings. Often, the definitions are nuanced beyond the formal definition.

Selecting an inciteful word, rather than arguable the most appropriate (or even collaborative) word is indicative of intent. When one elects to use an inflammatory word, one is hoping to provoke.

Sad to see this, here on Cruisers Forum. I wonder how many potential (future) sailing relationships will be ruined by such behavior.

Bye, Gord. You're off to the Ignore List.
Old 16-02-2022, 06:00   #531
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

As a Canadian immigrant who loved growing up in Alberta and BC, loved the diverse, polite people and their understated sense of nationalism, that made them popular in other countries, when traveling abroad....
... I find this whole event sureal.

I can understand Mike's frustration that a small number of people, whose position has some merit, chose such an un-Canadian tactic to hold a city hostage.

I hope this is an aberration that will soon be resolved for the sake of the vast majority of Canadians who..... as a pretty tolerant lot , ....are now shaking their heads and getting angry over the actions of a few spurred on by the radical medias
Old 16-02-2022, 06:05   #532

Boat: J/88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post
The English language has many words with duplicate meanings. Often, the definitions are nuanced beyond the formal definition.

Selecting an inciteful word, rather than arguable the most appropriate (or even collaborative) word is indicative of intent. When one elects to use an inflammatory word, one is hoping to provoke.

Sad to see this, here on Cruisers Forum. I wonder how many potential (future) sailing relationships will be ruined by such behavior.

Bye, Gord. You're off to the Ignore List.
Not sure if I am on the list or not so this might fall on deaf ears. Though I disagree with Gord at times he has always been someone who writes things I want to read. Please reconsider your ignore if you want to be informed in the best possible way.

For what it is worth, I disagree with everyone including myself from time to time.
Old 16-02-2022, 06:07   #533
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoetheCobbler View Post
535 posts, and now that the situation is apparently changing to the point where the government overreach is becoming difficult to deny and those observing quietly are beginning to get vocal, the " moderators" are threatening censure.
Let me, on behalf of the moderators be very clear about our role. We are charged with maintaining a civil and cordial platform for discussions regarding boat related matters.

Political differences have divided the CF and caused difficulties in discussing cruising related subjects.

Im sorry the world is not fair. Im sorry some don't like the truckers and some don't like the government of Canada................. but really if you want a CF to work for you, keep the politics off CF...

I will close the Thread. Subject to Admin and moderator consensus, it may or may not open again. A new thread on this subject will be closed immediately and the OP will receive a Strike.

Sorry people........ CF is not the place for this type of chat.