Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 16:37   #1

Key West to Cuba and Beyond...and back

Hello! I'm looking for experience crew to come along for the trip to Cuba and potentially beyond. Duration of tip flexible and undetermined. I'm currently on sabbatical, most recently living in Alaska for 4 years. I'm a 30 year old male mechanical engineer. I have a 30' Sloop and looking to head out of Key West as soon as I find suitable crew- male and/or female.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Bryan
Old 02-03-2016, 13:10   #2

Re: Key West to Cuba and Beyond...and back

This sounds like an awesome trip, and I would be interested in joining you for a few weeks.

About me: My name is Stephen, 29 y/o. I have a BS in Computer Science, I used to work for Google but I quit my job to travel and to start my own business. I am an avid kiteboarder, SCUBA certified, I know how to spearfish, and I have my ASA 103 certificate. I used to be a part owner of a C&C 27. I can also speak a bit of Spanish. I would love to check out Cuba and some of the more remote areas of the Caribbean to kitesurf and SCUBA dive.

Feel free to email me at stephenmattison AT gmail.com

Take care.
Old 03-03-2016, 18:36   #3

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Key West to Cuba and Beyond...and back

Hello Bryan, I also think this sounds very interesting. I'll PM, but I have ASA103 & ICC Bareboat skipper as well as have a 30 day/2000 nm Pacific off shore a year ago in my logbook and I'm looking forward to getting back on the water. Am also "survival Español" capable (can order meal and ask for the bathroom without international incident, which I suspect could happen in Cuba). Am interested to learn more about Cuba as well.
So then it's a question of schedule and what you'd expect for duration(?).

Tags
Cuba, key west