Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 19:33   #1
EMW

Key West -->Cuba and back, urgent charter request

Hello Cruisers Forum!

I am a graduate student looking to charter a vessel for myself and 3 others from Key West to Cuba and back, departing KW December 12th and returning the 18th/19th.

We had chartered a vessel but the captain just notified us that due to extreme weather conditions, he sustained damage near Cape Canaveral and had to be towed by the Coast Guard. His boat will not be fixed in time, and we are on a rather tight deadline.

I and my three collaborators are working on a project commissioned by the Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art, so the visit falls under the Professional Research visa category.

Please direct message me if you or anyone you know might be interested in this journey. We can offer a modest sum.

Best,

Elizabeth
EMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 20:04   #2

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: Key West -->Cuba and back, urgent charter request

Contact Spree Expeditions. They probably can't do this on such short notice, but they were the first US dive boat to get permission to go to Cuba. If they don't know who can take you, not sure who else might.
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 20:42   #3

Boat: Seafarer36c
Re: Key West -->Cuba and back, urgent charter request

Does this mean the boat and crew that you charter, gets to go to Cuba all legit? You would be paying for my vacation in Cuba while you study whatever for how long?
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Cuba, key west