Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2013, 08:19   #46

Boat: 45' Custom Ted Brewer
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahquabi
Re: In Shape, Organic Dude looking for Crew

I understand. My grammer was poor. I'll try to clarify.

The Owner and/or Captain of a boat who tries to travel between countries without clearing immigration, customs, quarantine etc will be the person/people who is/are f'ed. As crew you will get off pretty lightly.

So you need to find an idiot with a boat looking for crew.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:24   #47
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicTruth View Post
I know some might be toxic, but there are some that aren't, if i'm not mistaken? Electricity itself is organic right?
Which batteries don't use tonic material to produce and later dispose of?

Yes electricity might be "organic", but the production isn't. Which is why I've been laughing at "green" electrical cars.

And solar and wind generators still need materials mined and processed. Water power needs dams that destroy a rivers environment.

And then there is the computer and all that goes to support it in your hands right now, helping you be nice and "green".
Old 28-12-2013, 08:28   #48

Boat: Bristol 32
What all of these people are trying o tell you is that the political system of most countries, and certainly this one, will hold the boat owner responsible for you not having a passport. They can, and will, seize the boat.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:28   #49

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
Keep in mind that in most places organic "herbs" are illegal, but there probably are still crew opportunities in delivery boats for them.
I understand there is some good organic herb in Colorado and Washington State and it's legal to partake.

I may head that way one day and take it up as a hobby..............
Old 28-12-2013, 08:33   #50

Boat: 37 Gulfstar

Organic means a few different things. From the google:

or·gan·ic
ôrˈganik/
adjective
adjective: organic
of, relating to, or derived from living matter.
"organic soils"
synonyms:living, live, animate, biological, biotic More"organic matter"
  • Chemistry
    of, relating to, or denoting compounds containing carbon (other than simple binary compounds and salts) and chiefly or ultimately of biological origin.
  • (of food or farming methods) produced or involving production without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or other artificial agents.
    synonyms pesticide-free, additive-free, natural More
Fossil fuels are organic insofar as they are derived from living things, i.e., dinosaurs. But OrganicTruth may be more focused on the use of the term in the food/farming sense... without chemicals, additives, etc.

I don't even know that a wood boat is really "clean" energy... one has to kill trees to make it and it likely won't last as long as the fiberglass versions. Unless one is going to forego any epoxies, sealants, anti-fouling bottom paint, etc., etc., it's pretty hard to be totally "green" with any sizable boat. But to each his own. We've all got different goals, priorities, and philosophies; that's what keeps life interesting.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:34   #51

Boat: Catana 521

Hi Organic Dude, I get your statement and outlook on life. A lot of people will make judgement of your posting and some of them are still soul searching. I have a catamaran and looking for crew.

Although, I am looking for experience crew to help me sail thru the Bahamas and central Caribbean. You may bring some other positive qualities to the adventure. Do you have any cooking skills and what are some of your personality traits which would make you a great crew member.

Aloha,
David:
Old 28-12-2013, 08:37   #52
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
I understand there is some good organic herb in Colorado and Washington State and it's legal to partake.

I may head that way one day and take it up as a hobby..............
Hard to sail between the two.

When I started thinking of getting into sailing I used to say I wanted to go the boat, get naked, smoke dope, and cruise along in the water. It still sounds kind of nice but I learned it isn't very practical.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:40   #53
CLOD

fossil fuels really aren't from dinosaurs

if you were are good marketing person you could spin a story about oil being the ultimate green energy as it is stored solar power that was placed into plants, concentrated, and placed into the earth for storage, all for later use
Old 28-12-2013, 09:14   #54

What is Petroleum made from Sailor, in your honest opinion? Either way, it's not smart to use and pollutes more then does good.

Rabbit, by organic, I mean True and Real ways from the Earth/Creator, not chemically derived and artificial things made to mimic things, like GMO food, additives, pesticides, polyester, vitamins/pills etc. Those things poison our minds and soul.
Old 28-12-2013, 09:17   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahquabi View Post
I understand. My grammer was poor. I'll try to clarify.

The Owner and/or Captain of a boat who tries to travel between countries without clearing immigration, customs, quarantine etc will be the person/people who is/are f'ed. As crew you will get off pretty lightly.

So you need to find an idiot with a boat looking for crew.

As long as the Crew and people on the boat are good and honest, that's what matters most to me.
Old 28-12-2013, 09:22   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysbliss View Post
Hi Organic Dude, I get your statement and outlook on life. A lot of people will make judgement of your posting and some of them are still soul searching. I have a catamaran and looking for crew.

Although, I am looking for experience crew to help me sail thru the Bahamas and central Caribbean. You may bring some other positive qualities to the adventure. Do you have any cooking skills and what are some of your personality traits which would make you a great crew member.

Aloha,
David:
David,

I've been cooking and eating organically most of my life. Everything I eat is either raw or made from scratch. I'm also vegetarian. I would say I'm laid back, not really a story teller, but have a good sense of humor and I'm open to honest souls. I'm also very playful, love animals and nature.
Old 28-12-2013, 09:40   #57
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: In Shape, Organic Dude looking for Crew

Quote:
As long as the Crew and people on the boat are good and honest, that's what matters most to me.
So basically your saying.. Let me live my Life My Way...
Collateral Damage as a result to others is their problem...
Ever thought of becoming a CEO...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 28-12-2013, 09:41   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
So basically your saying.. Let me live my Life My Way...
Collateral Damage as a result to others is their problem...
Ever thought of becoming a CEO...
That's not what I'm saying at all dude. I'm saying if I live my life a good honest way, without hurting others and in peace, then i'm at peace.
Old 28-12-2013, 09:49   #59

Boat: 45' Custom Ted Brewer
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahquabi

Quote:
David,

I've been cooking and eating organically most of my life. Everything I eat is either raw or made from scratch. I'm also vegetarian. I would say I'm laid back, not really a story teller, but have a good sense of humor and I'm open to honest souls. I'm also very playful, love animals and nature.
Help me to help you.

Being the an nihilist makes me want to bring you on a long passage with me to set you straight.....but I'm old to enough to know that it won't work out.....please get some help.....we both need it
Old 28-12-2013, 10:01   #60

Ahqabi, it seems to me that you are not at Peace with yourself. It's not easy to do, but if you truly want it, it will happen. Everything else is just an illusion and lies. If you fail the test by going along with the bad things, then you might have to repeat it all over again?

Tags
crew