Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2013, 10:25   #61

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Re: In Shape, Organic Dude looking for Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysbliss View Post
Hi Organic Dude, I get your statement and outlook on life. A lot of people will make judgement of your posting and some of them are still soul searching. I have a catamaran and looking for crew.

Although, I am looking for experience crew to help me sail thru the Bahamas and central Caribbean. You may bring some other positive qualities to the adventure. Do you have any cooking skills and what are some of your personality traits which would make you a great crew member.

Aloha,
David:
The OP need to bring a valid passport. This is 2013, nearly 2014. You can't travel with a birth certificate or a driver's license anymore. And he doesn't even have a birth certificate. Not even a short hop to the Bahamas. Any skipper that takes the OP on for crew in international travel is just asking for trouble. That's what they call reality! Wake up! You don't need a college degree to understand this. Many countries will throw you in jail faster than you can say, "I'm an organic U.S. citizen". If the OP is " sure there are ways to peacefully travel to another location and dock the boat somewhere, without having them give us a hard time about ID's??" Please tell us where these locations are. And to cap it all I think you need that passport to get back into the States.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:25   #62
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: In Shape, Organic Dude looking for Crew

I am at peace with myself... and do as I choose with a great part of my life.. but as someone once allegedly said..
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto god the things that are god's"
So... I pay my coin to 'Caesar' for my Passport which grants me my freedom to roam at will... its a small sacrifice... and that's what life is all about... little sacrifices...
Everywhere you go outside the US your gonna need someone's permission to be there..
Ain't no such thing as a Purist in a foreign land...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:30   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
The OP need to bring a valid passport. This is 2013, nearly 2014. You can't travel with a birth certificate or a driver's license anymore. And he doesn't even have a birth certificate. Not even a short hop to the Bahamas. Any skipper that takes the OP on for crew in international travel is just asking for trouble. That's what they call reality! Wake up! You don't need a college degree to understand this. Many countries will throw you in jail faster than you can say, "I'm an organic U.S. citizen". If the OP is " sure there are ways to peacefully travel to another location and dock the boat somewhere, without having them give us a hard time about ID's??" Please tell us where these locations are. And to cap it all I think you need that passport to get back into the States.
Vasco, noone Owns the ocean or the land. As soon as you realize this, the better. If a peaceful boat is in the ocean, it's not being tracked by ocean police. Not sure if that's what you meant by OP? But i'm sure there are some that understand what I'm saying and even if they do track the boat, they will see I pose no threat to anyone.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:32   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
I am at peace with myself... and do as I choose with a great part of my life.. but as someone once allegedly said..
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto god the things that are god's"
So... I pay my coin to 'Caesar' for my Passport which grants me my freedom to roam at will... its a small sacrifice... and that's what life is all about... little sacrifices...
Everywhere you go outside the US your gonna need someone's permission to be there..
Ain't no such thing as a Purist in a foreign land...
So you are saying we shouldn't try to live organically and barter things instead of using Evil money? Is the person who uses "caesar" or "Satan" money, better then a homeless person or someone who barters and who chooses not to partake?
Old 28-12-2013, 10:41   #65
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: In Shape, Organic Dude looking for Crew

Amigo... I honestly don't think you'd last long anywhere outside the US...
Quhdah Hafaiz..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:48   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Amigo... I honestly don't think you'd last long anywhere outside the US...
Quhdah Hafaiz..
What makes you think the US is special or better then other places? IT's a world Govt/Monetery system bro. Some places might be more awake then others, but I would say the USA with their GMO's and hollywood, media, tv obsession isn't the best place right?
Old 28-12-2013, 10:48   #67
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicTruth View Post
So you are saying we shouldn't try to live organically and barter things instead of using Evil money?
You must not understand the meaning of money. What you call "evil money" is just something that represents barter goods as something easy to understand by everyone. Money could just as well be a glass bead.

Maybe you should work hard at getting enough glass beads for a boat!
Old 28-12-2013, 10:51   #68

Quote:
Vasco, noone Owns the ocean or the land. As soon as you realize this, the better. If a peaceful boat is in the ocean, it's not being tracked by ocean police. Not sure what you mean by OP. But i'm sure there are some that understand what I'm saying and even if they do track the boat, they will see I pose no threat to anyone.
All the land is owned by or administered by some nation, even Antarctica. The owners make the rules. Major portions of the oceans are claimed and policed by nations. These are facts that sixth graders learn. Like it or not there is absolutely nothing you can do to change these facts. You might believe otherwise but you are just deluding yourself.

As for a peaceful boat in the ocean not being tracked by the ocean police, don't bet on it. The question is not whether you pose a threat. You will not be allowed into another country (other than to sit in a cell) without a passport no matter how peaceful you are. And your peace might be broken by your cell mates.

Never mind international travel you need federal or state issued photo ID just for air travel in the US.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:53   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
You must not understand the meaning of money. What you call "evil money" is just something that represents barter goods as something easy to understand by everyone. Money could just as well be a glass bead.

Maybe you should work hard at getting enough glass beads for a boat!
But the Money is all Owned and Controlled by the same Fools at the top who rebel against the True Creator. They don't realize it's a battle that they can't win. So if you go along with it, you don't own or control your barter exchange, and the system is always rigged in their favor and to their rules and wishes if everyone keeps using and going along with it.

Maybe this is a bad idea to come on here. I just thought it was possible to peacefully travel by boat barter instead of on the polluted roads, but if noone follows this principal and is afraid to do it, then maybe I will need to find another path.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:55   #70

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Hey peanut gallery, this is a crew ad, not a place to gab and joke. you are on the water, he isn't but trying to be, please be kind.

Organictruth, as you can see, you can leave "civilization" but there will always be folks trying to squash you. I can see by your replies that you have the perfect personality for crewing, not a hot head, tolerate stupidity rather well . Some folks that have replied are good to listen to and might be a great source for info, i'd start a PM conversation.

I crewed on boats for many years, started at 19 and on into my thirties, over 20,000 ocean miles. My Parents sailed around the world and needed crew a few times also. Experience is not the most important criteria for crew, character is, and you have shown plenty. Good luck on your crewing adventure. It is easier than you think to get off the craziness of mainstream and live on the outer rim. Nicer folks, prettier places, beauty galore. PM me if you have any questions, ive cluttered up your ad enough.
cheers and peace be with you.
Old 28-12-2013, 11:04   #71

Ocean Girl,

Perhaps you missed the post where the OP chose not to have a valid passport. It is folly to try to crew and sail to another country without a valid passport. Based simply on this factor, encouraging the OP will only lead him to more disappointment. His search will be fruitless.
Old 28-12-2013, 11:05   #72
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
But the Money is all Owned and Controlled by the same Fools at the top who rebel against the True Creator. They don't realize it's a battle that they can't win. So if you go along with it, you don't own or control your barter exchange, and the system is always rigged in their favor and to their rules and wishes if everyone keeps using and going along with it.

Maybe this is a bad idea to come on here. I just thought it was possible to peacefully travel by boat barter instead of on the polluted roads, but if noone follows this principal and is afraid to do it, then maybe I will need to find another path.

Been a useful thread, I believe most readers will now understand who you are.
Old 28-12-2013, 11:11   #73

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Hey peanut gallery, this is a crew ad, not a place to gab and joke. you are on the water, he isn't but trying to be, please be kind.

Organictruth, as you can see, you can leave "civilization" but there will always be folks trying to squash you. I can see by your replies that you have the perfect personality for crewing, not a hot head, tolerate stupidity rather well . Some folks that have replied are good to listen to and might be a great source for info, i'd start a PM conversation.

I crewed on boats for many years, started at 19 and on into my thirties, over 20,000 ocean miles. My Parents sailed around the world and needed crew a few times also. Experience is not the most important criteria for crew, character is, and you have shown plenty. Good luck on your crewing adventure. It is easier than you think to get off the craziness of mainstream and live on the outer rim. Nicer folks, prettier places, beauty galore. PM me if you have any questions, ive cluttered up your ad enough.
cheers and peace be with you.
Organictruth,

The above is actually a practical suggestion, if you are willing (or able to) obtain a passport. If you are a hard worker and avoid aggravating people, you might well be able to crew for some people. With her experience, Ocean Girl may have some ideas for you. PM her, as she invited you to do.
Old 28-12-2013, 11:31   #74

Boat: 45' Custom Ted Brewer
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahquabi

Quote:
Ahqabi, it seems to me that you are not at Peace with yourself. It's not easy to do, but if you truly want it, it will happen. Everything else is just an illusion and lies. If you fail the test by going along with the bad things, then you might have to repeat it all over again?
You are right. I am not at peace with myself. That's why i bought a boat and sought out people like you. Are you perfect? Do you know more about life then me? Why don't you have a boat? I want to meet you. You can teach me soo much. Only an idiot would take you on board
Old 28-12-2013, 11:33   #75

Boat: Vancouver 27

Get a passport man. It's easy, not burdensome to possess, and will be absolutely essential if you want to travel outside the US. Just get one and forget about it until you need it.

I respect your mentality and have a pretty similar mindset myself. It seems like you'd be a great guy to have a few beers with, but your born again zeal makes it seem like you'd be tough crew to take on.

Tags
crew