Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2013, 07:17   #31

Boat: Bristol 27
Re: In Shape, Organic Dude looking for Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoennes View Post
Here's a revealing question: can you help me figure out why the brand new remote control joystick control on the upper helm won't move the Jabsco searchlight one micron in any direction, but the lower helm switch works just fine, even though both switches are wired identically? Doesn't really matter if you think badgers and English hedgehogs would make the best politicians, can you be useful and helpful out there, I mean the Captain Ron "out there." That's what most boaters care about.
Geez, that should be pretty easy to troubleshoot. If you need a crew for that, you're in trouble.
Old 28-12-2013, 07:19   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoennes View Post
Here's a revealing question: can you help me figure out why the brand new remote control joystick control on the upper helm won't move the Jabsco searchlight one micron in any direction, but the lower helm switch works just fine, even though both switches are wired identically? Doesn't really matter if you think badgers and English hedgehogs would make the best politicians, can you be useful and helpful out there, I mean the Captain Ron "out there." That's what most boaters care about.

As I mentioned, i have no sailing/boat experience, but I'm a fast learner and handy. If that's something you aren't looking for, then it's cool.
Old 28-12-2013, 07:23   #33

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos View Post
Most of us can relate, unfortunately most other countries including ours requires identification for travel. You may truly have a better chance of finding what you want right here in the US.
Yep, be careful in other countries. Chris McCandless took off for Alaska and almost got everything right in his mind before he perished.

https://www.google.com/search?q=betw...dless&tbm=isch

Aron Ralston who quit his job as an Intel Engineer headed west to climb mountains after reading the story of McCandless. Ralston did survive but barely and was able to reengage into a somewhat normal lifestyle.

He did have to cut his arm off tough with a tiny pocket knife to save himself though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=betw...iw=960&bih=462
Old 28-12-2013, 07:23   #34

Quote:
Most of us can relate, unfortunately most other countries including ours requires identification for travel. You may truly have a better chance of finding what you want right here in the US.
I'm sure there are ways to peacefully travel to another location and dock the boat somewhere, without having them give us a hard time about ID's??

I'm also open to the UVI or PR if I can't find a boat or crew that will do that. But either way, I don't' carry a "Birth Certificate or ID" anyway, as it's my human right.
Old 28-12-2013, 07:27   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
Yep, be careful in other countries. Chris McCandless took off for Alaska and almost got everything right in his mind before he perished.

Aron Ralston who quit his job as an Intel Engineer headed west to climb mountains after reading the story of McCandless. Ralston did survive but barely and was able to reengage into a somewhat normal lifestyle.

He did have to cut his arm off tough with a tiny pocket knife to save himself though.

I'm trying to avoid cold and extreme weather as that must be tough, and just follow my heart and try to not fear what is next for my soul's journey. I respect Nature and hate to see it being polluted.
Old 28-12-2013, 07:49   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
Like solar?
Solar powered, wind, or HHO/Hemp Fuel, or electric battery powered motor. Anything that doesn't emit toxic things man. I wish we could all see that gasoline has bad things like benzene and toulene in it and they do more bad then good.
Old 28-12-2013, 07:51   #37

Quote:
LOL
Petroleum products are organic i swear! , they come from dead dinosaurs, plantlife, jimmy hoffa,,,,,

Pure petroleum might be decomposed things, who knows, but digging miles deep into the earth with polluting machines to get it, then adding toxic chemicals like benzene and toulene to it and other chemicals, isn't really organic though?
Old 28-12-2013, 07:52   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
Best with wood hull, hemp ropes and cotton sails.

Well said buddy
Old 28-12-2013, 07:55   #39
CLOD

Boat: none

it is always interesting that people think batteries are "green"
Old 28-12-2013, 07:57   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
it is always interesting that people think batteries are "green"

I know some might be toxic, but there are some that aren't, if i'm not mistaken? Electricity itself is organic right?
Old 28-12-2013, 08:00   #41

Boat: 45' Custom Ted Brewer
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahquabi

you may like this one....i know they travel illegally sometimes

http://www.infinityexpedition.org/sv-infinity.htm

[/IMG]
Old 28-12-2013, 08:02   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahquabi View Post
you may like this one....i know they travel illegally sometimes

http://www.infinityexpedition.org/sv-infinity.htm

Not trying to do anything "Illegally" or cause problems. Just trying to peacefully find a compromise somehow without ID's.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:05   #43

Boat: 45' Custom Ted Brewer
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahquabi

not possible Dude sorry. I know two people who have had their boats confiscated in last two years for trying...........it works until you get caught....then you're f'ed.......if you own the boat.....you'll be fine
Old 28-12-2013, 08:09   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahquabi View Post
not possible Dude sorry. I know two people who have had their boats confiscated in last two years for trying...........it works until you get caught....then you're f'ed.......if you own the boat.....you'll be fine
I don't' own a boat, I'm just providing barter exchange on a boat which is on this earth and come in peace. So I will be fine. They can't confiscate my heart or soul for having free will and doing peaceful things while journeying. I also have others who can reference me as being honest.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:18   #45
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicTruth View Post
I'm on a journey to connect to my True Source and Creator and plan to barter on an organic village or other location away from "Usa/Babylon/Rome/England" whatever you want to call it. .
Keep in mind that in most places organic "herbs" are illegal, but there probably are still crew opportunities in delivery boats for them.

Tags
crew