Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 20:48   #91

Re: Nantai 37 Aft Cockpit - Girlfriend Had Enough ...

My fiance thought I was spending way too much money on my boat for how much I used it. She didn't force me to sell it but her arguments were extremely persuasive and I ended up selling it. Don't regret that at all. I was spending close to $200 for every night I used it when I crunched the numbers (mostly moorage).

Now, we're married and cruising for a while seems like a viable option. She wants to buy a bigger and more expensive boat than I was planning on. I've been trying to reel her in a bit and aim towards a smaller boat. She thinks it's funny. "You always wanted a bigger boat and now you're complaining I want a bigger boat?"

Life and people are crazy.
Old 01-05-2012, 21:30   #92

Boat: Bayliner 2450 Sunbridge

Before I bought my 21 foot sloop I had big dreams of having a 51 footer. Now after seeing what my friends are spending on their boats in that range I'm looking at something in the mid 30's as a retirement boat to cruise on.
Old 01-05-2012, 21:52   #93
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoblocktom
He said he had a deal " if one of us dosen't want to continue, we will sell the boat."
If that is the deal he made, I can respect his living up to his end of of the bargain.
But my world revolves around my wife and we play with boats.
I wish for all of you a partner in life that you would gladly trade even your brand new toy just to see her/him smile !!!
This is the story of two piglets.

Piglet one has a beautiful and commited relationship. They are both sporty and nautical and love the sea. So much that they make their living teaching scuba diving. They bought a boat and went cruising with the understanding that if it didn't work out they would try something else. They were young and in love and their whole life was ahead of them with endless possibilities. They sold the boat and tried something different. Soon they missed their life at sea. A few years later they bought another boat, sailed into the sunset and lived happily ever after.

Piglet two has a beautiful and uncommited relationship. He made an agreeement to try life at sea but reniged. He dumped his beautiful, sporty girlfriend and kept the boat. The girlfriend went her way and taught scuba diving for a while. She missed the sea but not so much the piglet. She met a new piglet and went to sea and lived happily ever after. The original piglet lives alone on his boat and cries himself to sleep at night.

The end...
Old 02-05-2012, 10:12   #94

Boat: 1982 Catalina 25 Yacht

Here...fixed it for ya....the way I heard it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
This is the story of two piglets.

Piglet one has a beautiful and commited relationship. They are both sporty and nautical and love the sea. So much that they make their living teaching scuba diving. They bought a boat and went cruising with the understanding that if it didn't work out they would try something else. They were young and in love and their whole life was ahead of them with endless possibilities. They sold the boat and tried something different. Soon they missed their life at sea. A few years later they bought another boat, sailed into the sunset and lived happily ever after.

Piglet two has a beautiful and uncommited relationship. He made an agreeement to try life at sea but reniged. He dumped his beautiful, sporty girlfriend and kept the boat. The girlfriend went her way and taught scuba diving for a while. She missed the sea but not so much the piglet. She met a new piglet and went to sea and lived happily ever after. Piglet 2 rode motorcycles and dated skinny long-legged full-breasted women and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to stripper bars and dated ladies half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Patron tequila. He never heard bitching and he never paid child support or alimony. He banged San Diego Charger cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and ate spam and potato chips and beans and farted whenever he wanted to and never got cheated on while he was at work. All his friends and family thought he was totally cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and he left the toilet seat up.

The end...
1982 Catalina 25, #2897; SR/FK/Traditional; Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:54   #95
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiesailor View Post
With reluctance and only having had the boat a short while I am selling her. It was her or the girlfriend and I think I can get more for the boat....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
STOP, DROP, AND ROLL!

Do yourself a BEEEG favor and download "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and read it posthaste. It's only about 150 pages. Then if you still feel the same way sell the boat you will be doing so with eyes wide open.

No More Mr. Nice Guy
I have no financial interest in this book.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:01   #96

Boat: 1973 Easterly 36

Reading this post has been the most fun I've had at work in a long time! Thanks for the laughs everyone. And newbie coming from experience with a love of boats. I've lost a beautiful women who loved sailing because she tried to reason with me that now wasn't the time to purchase a 35' center cockpit cruiser for a song... It just needed a little work ... The story ends with me stripping the boat and handing over the title to the marina and stuck on land for the last 5 years, until my purchase last fall. Meanwhile I was lonely for 7 years and missed out on someone that would've made a great wife. She ended up marrying some other guy, has had 3 kids, and if possible looks even better than when we dated... In the end I finally ended up with a nice boat for a song, but significant other... well ahh...

Just a contrary thought to the popular opinion. Oh also if anyone wants a Formosa 34' the boat is now for sale on craigslist for $300 by the yard. It needs new decks and interior. Consider it pretty much just a hull and keel...
Old 02-05-2012, 15:55   #97

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldsusa View Post
STOP, DROP, AND ROLL!

Do yourself a BEEEG favor and download "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and read it posthaste. It's only about 150 pages. Then if you still feel the same way sell the boat you will be doing so with eyes wide open.

No More Mr. Nice Guy
I have no financial interest in this book.
Quote:
you've come to the right place. NoMoreMrNiceGuy.com presents numerous resources to help you break free from the Nice Guy Syndrome. These include an online support group, books and tapes, seminars and classes, long distance counseling, and therapy groups for men.
Hooeee!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:14   #98

Nice Guy Assessment

LOL...I got an 18.....
Old 03-05-2012, 16:31   #99
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDiver View Post
Nice Guy Assessment

LOL...I got an 18.....
JoeDiver, perfect or in denial?

Heck I could not count mine it's so high. But knowledge is power

0 - 11
You cheated.

12 - 18
You are near perfect or in denial.

19 - 25
You have some nice guy tendencies.

26 - 32
You are definitely a nice guy!

33 - 39
You could be a poster child for the nice guy syndrome,

40 - 48
You've got it bad --
Old 03-05-2012, 21:14   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldsusa View Post
JoeDiver, perfect or in denial?
Perfect....

Although my EX wife would tell you I'm the most arrogant ******* she ever met.
Old 09-05-2012, 22:53   #101

Boat: C&C Landfall 38, 1979

What is her flag?
Old 11-05-2012, 16:03   #102

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Is boat still for sale ?? message us !! Thanks
Old 11-05-2012, 19:16   #103
Marine Service Provider

Boat: nantai 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
Is boat still for sale ?? message us !! Thanks
yes, my email is smalldiveshop@gmail.com

just email me, i send more details to you. thanks,
t
Old 11-05-2012, 21:37   #104

Boat: C&C Landfall 38, 1979

I've got 17 )))))

Tags
cockpit