Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2016, 12:26   #181

Boat: Elan 434
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.2 Released

Just brought a Leveno Yoga pro 3 with windows 10 , nice and light etc but windows and or nortons wont let me down load open or run the exe for cpn 4.2.0.
Any ideas please?
Derek
Ocean Diamond 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 12:30   #182
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Notify a "false positive" and disable Norton (better deinstall that crap)
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 13:34   #183

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Diamond 2 View Post
Just brought a Leveno Yoga pro 3 with windows 10 , nice and light etc but windows and or nortons wont let me down load open or run the exe for cpn 4.2.0.
Any ideas please?
Derek
Microsoft offers free anti-virus poses no problem. See in W10.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 11:22   #184

Boat: Trismus 37'
OpenCPN Version 4.2: ARM compilation without OpenGL

Bonjour à tous,

I would compile and make a package of OCPN 4.2.2 version for TinyCore Linux on ARMHF.
Last year, I have packaged an x86 4.0.0 version, alvailable for download, without OpenGl (as described in developper documentation), feature not supported by TinyCore. Post: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ux-140493.html
But it's not so simple. I have try mainly this with unsuccess in CMakeLists.txt:

- variable OPTION (USE_GL "Enable OpenGL support" ON) set to OFF
- all FIND_PACKAGE(OpenGL) and all related deactivated
- option -DNO_OPENGL=1

And got compilations failed, sometime with garbage.
(Another trouble, regular compilation, with OpenGL give a big executable (8Mo).)

It seems that some files as hardcoded with hooks to OpenGL, ex: LLRegion.cpp and the two news integrated plugins, chartdldr_pi and wmm_pi.
I use Raspian/Sailoog for this (TinyCore has not complete libs to compile OCPN) on a RPI 2.
If somebody has the solution to make it, or can say me why it is impossible, thanks in advance. Compilation generally get me crazy, I am electronician, not developper !
marinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 11:34   #185

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.2: ARM compilation without OpenGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinux View Post
Bonjour à tous,

I would compile and make a package of OCPN 4.2.2 version for TinyCore Linux on ARMHF.
Mais, il n'y a pas de version 4.2.2 ! On n'en est qu'à la version 4.2. For probablement que le 4.2.2 est plein de bug. Aucune bêta 4.2.2 n'est sortie à ce jour. Donc, aucune recherche de bug n'a eu lieu !

Gilletarom
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 11:51   #186

Pardon pour l'erreur, je commence à bégayer; il s'agit bien de la 4.2.0. En fait la confusion vient du fait que les versions recompilées sont nommées 4.2.0-1, 4.2.0-2 etc...
Sorry for the error, it's the 4.2.0 from official source.
Old 19-02-2016, 12:14   #187
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Bonjour à tous,

Last year, I have packaged an x86 4.0.0 version, alvailable for download, without OpenGl (as described in developper documentation), feature not supported by TinyCore. Post: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ux-140493.html
But it's not so simple. I have try mainly this with unsuccess in CMakeLists.txt:

- option -DNO_OPENGL=1

(Another trouble, regular compilation, with OpenGL give a big executable (8Mo).)

It seems that some files as hardcoded with hooks to OpenGL, ex: LLRegion.cpp and the two news integrated plugins, chartdldr_pi and wmm_pi.
I use Raspian/Sailoog for this (TinyCore has not complete libs to compile OCPN) on a RPI 2.
If somebody has the solution to make it, or can say me why it is impossible, thanks in advance. Compilation generally get me crazy, I am electronician, not developper !
Opencpn has the possibility to switch OpenGL for Opencpn on/off in the settings section so it should be no reason to avoid compiling OpenGL into the package, it will not be used it you do not specifically enable it in the settings.
petter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 12:27   #188

OK Petter, but:

- TinyCore don't use /usr but /usr/local, for that it need a recompilation.
- OCPN crash at start if OpenGL not installed (any package for TinyCore); create a dummy package is very inelegant...
- To respect the mind of TinyCore, as smaller and clean as possible, I am looking to create an exe in this way, with any hook -even disabled- to OpenGL.
Old 20-02-2016, 01:27   #189

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Bonjour à tous,

- option -DNO_OPENGL=1

Why do you not want to use OpenGL? Is it only because of a larger disk requirements?

Quote:
The LLRegion code should not depend on opengl. It depends on GLU which is the opengl utility library. This library is now built into opencpn and can be found in OpenCPN/src/glu

If you have any compilation problems please post the exact errors. It should be possible to build opencpn without opengl support if you like.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 02:57   #190

ola Sean,

Thanks for your interest for a tiny OS on a tiny board.
I know that you have made a hard work about OpenGL, but as I wrote TinyCore Linux don't support it, sorry.
And I have to make some meditation about your sentence: "The LLRegion code should not depend on opengl. It depends on GLU which is the opengl utility library. "
V4.0.0 compilation on ARM without OpenGL has any trouble, so for the moment I continue experimentations with OCPN 4.0.0 + TinyCore Linux + RPI 2 and back to 4.2.0 later.
Old 21-02-2016, 08:18   #191

Boat: Endeavour TrawlerCat 36 - My Bluegill Heaven
OpenCPN Version 4.2 crashing/hanging - 2 issues

I believe this first issue has been reported in the Help thread, but with no resolution. I and others are finding that 4.2 hangs on close if the google earth plugin has been used in the session.

Second issue is a consistent crash on close with the error window "Crash Report Delivery Module has stopped working" which creates hang until "close the program" is clicked in the error window. This module is also known as CrashSender. Has this been included in O4.2 as a reporting and debugging tool? or has it crept into my system some other way? I can't find it as an installed application. i'm running W7 64 bit.

any ideas? thanks
BluegillBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 08:42   #192

Boat: Endeavour TrawlerCat 36 - My Bluegill Heaven

a little more info here - I did find crashsender1402 in the OCPN folder in programs so I'm assuming it's part of the debugging tools installed with O. i reinstalled O4.2, but am still getting the error window Crash Report Delivery Module has stopped working on every close. which means no settings changes during the session are saved for next startup.

i went back to O4.0 - problem goes away.

but if I then upgrade (again) to 4.2, the issue reappears on every close.

so i used control panel/programs to uninstall the new GE plugin. 4.2 runs and closes with no problem.

so this all seems related to the new GE plugin or how it's used in O.

hope this helps some. i'd love to see GE working again.
BluegillBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 10:54   #193

Boat: Irwin 37 CC

I have an occasional problem with this set of charts. They are large group of small KAP charts created by GE2KAP/SASPlanet. Scaleing in or out will get the quilter back on "track". I can't reproduce the problem. W7, Opengl on. Exeprts from log

11:08:13 AM: OpenChartFromStack...Error opening chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0065.kap... return code 2
11:08:13 AM: Initializing Chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0066.kap
11:08:13 AM: Error: can't open file 'C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0066.kap' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:08:13 AM: OpenChartFromStack...Error opening chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0066.kap... return code 2
11:08:13 AM: Initializing Chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0067.kap
11:08:13 AM: Error: can't open file 'C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0067.kap' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:08:13 AM: OpenChartFromStack...Error opening chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0067.kap... return code 2
11:08:13 AM: Initializing Chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0067.kap
11:08:13 AM: Error: can't open file 'C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0067.kap' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)

and

1:08:14 AM: Quilt Compose cache miss...
11:08:14 AM: Initializing Chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0067.kap
11:08:14 AM: Error: can't open file 'C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0067.kap' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:08:14 AM: OpenChartFromStack...Error opening chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0067.kap... return code 2
11:08:14 AM: Oops, removing from quilt...
11:08:14 AM: Quilt Compose cache miss...
11:08:14 AM: Initializing Chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0066.kap
11:08:14 AM: Error: can't open file 'C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0066.kap' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:08:14 AM: OpenChartFromStack...Error opening chart C:\Users\Jean\Daves Stuff\Charts\SAS_Charts\BahamasMid\select.folder_0 0066.kap... return code 2
11:08:14 AM: Oops, removing from quilt...
11:08:14 AM: Quilt Compose cache miss...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	119351  
Old 21-02-2016, 11:27   #194

Boat: Irwin 37 CC

The attached track file causes a hang when I try to convert it to a route in OpenCPN. It was created in SASPlanet as a path and exported as a GPS file. Why the made it a track file I don't know; but its confusing and I'll probably just recreate it in OpenCPN.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx WestEndToPetesPub.gpx (6.3 KB, 48 views)
Old 21-02-2016, 20:18   #195
Marine Service Provider

@wdkester...

I had no trouble importing and converting the track to a route in O4.2 on linux. What OS / Version are you working on?

Anyone else tried this particular track->route conversion?

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn