I just downloaded and tested the Furuno
upload again. What worked in before in 3.1.1405 is not working now. There is still a problem, but I think it is very,very minor.
Using a 6 waypoint route that worked in the 1405 version. I compared the NEMA output for both versions. The only difference is in the GPRTE segment. In 1405, each waypoint in the sentence had a leading space before the waypoint name:
$GPRTE,1,1,c,01, TST001, TST002, TST003...
In the 1411 version it is:
says, "length of each waypoint name is fixed to 7 bytes.
1st byte:Skip code '-'(Hyphen) = Skip ON, Space Code = Skip Off"
After 2nd byte: Waypoint name (fixed to 6 bytes)"
I assume the skip code of '-' would cause the Furuno
to "skip" that particular waypoint. In any event, I'm certain restoring the leading space will correct the problem.
I tried creating a route with waypoints that included a leading space for testing purposes(and OpenCPN
let me do this), however, when the upload started, the Furuno repeated beeped and displayed "Illegal Name" and none of the waypoints were uploaded. It appears the Furuno doesn't like waypoint names that begin with a space. Do to this, I couldn't do any further testing. Sorry!
I did do some testing with routes up to about 20 waypoints and checking the NEMA data stream, everything looked perfect with the exception of that leading space.
I was not able to determine if 8 waypoints per sentence will work. My documentation
indicates there may be an 80 byte limit to NEMA sentences. With the $GPRTE string, fixed segments 1-4 of the sentence and 8 waypoint names, would be exactly 80 bytes. That does not include the <CR><LF> at the end of the sentence. I don't think that will cause a problem, but I'm not certain.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Sorry for not seeing the new version was out until now. I'm off to see how I can get myself set up to get notified by email
when a new version is released!!!