Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Challenges
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2016, 22:50   #151
cruiser

Re: Professional therapy, motivational coach, or CF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Are you serious that you wouldnt cruise if unable to have such things as a flushing toilet? You even make a right wing capatalist like myself cringe....lol.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
You got that right, most women, my wife included and nearly all the full time cruising couples we know, wouldn't have any interest in cruising without some of the more basic modern conveniences. Some might get by for day or weekend trips, but not full time status. This explains the many lonely sailor men who don't get it.

We haven't heard back from Gadagirl in a few days, how do we know she doesn't like some modern things? Most women don't like camping on a boat.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 23:18   #152

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
You got that right, most women, my wife included and nearly all the full time cruising couples we know, wouldn't have any interest in cruising without some of the more basic modern conveniences. Some might get by for day or weekend trips, but not full time status. This explains the many lonely sailor men who don't get it.

We haven't heard back from Gadagirl in a few days, how do we know she doesn't like some modern things? Most women don't like camping on a boat.
I accept that different people value different things. I have a watermaker, generator and had a macrator, I also enjoy things like the above that make life a little softer, BUT I would cruise regardless of whether I had them or not ,at best they are fringe benefits for me.
Im not sure exactly why I cruise, theres many reasons, but comfort certainly dosent make the list, if I wanted comfort I'd stay at home in the cappacino society I'm from, in saying that I'm not into camping either, somewhere in between maybe. I could cruise in your oyster or on a big wharram, either way would work for me.
And btw most women dont like cruising in my experience, maserator or not.

daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 23:32   #153
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
I accept that different people value different things. I have a watermaker, generator and had a macrator, I also enjoy things like the above that make life a little softer, BUT I would cruise regardless of whether I had them or not ,at best they are fringe benefits for me.
Im not sure exactly why I cruise, theres many reasons, but comfort certainly dosent make the list, if I wanted comfort I'd stay at home in the cappacino society I'm from, in saying that I'm not into camping either, somewhere in between maybe. I could cruise in your oyster or on a big wharram, either way would work for me.
And btw most women dont like cruising in my experience, maserator or not.

The woman out cruising around on large powerboats seem to be enjoying themselves. If it's just like a home on the water complete with a sun deck they will go and like it. I think we can agree on this point. It's when they're being denied things they're used to is where the friction begins.

I know, we tried it on our Hunter 450 not equipped with a genset, watermaker or electric heads. A week was fine, but then back to the marina to plug in. Nothing wrong with that, but we wouldn't be living instead in beautiful anchorages on the cheap without the upgrades.

I believe sailorboy added a genset and will probably eventually add a watermaker someday if he hasn't already. The second one we added cost only $3500 because I had it rebuilt, new pumps and then did the install myself. He'll probably do the same. It's a small price to pay for a huge benefit. And he's a cost benefit ratio kinda guy like us.
Old 31-08-2016, 05:29   #154
CLOD

Boat: none

I'm all for all the luxuries and toys someone wants and can afford and install in their boat. Heck this week I'm going to install a TV on mine.

But if others are more into the "camping on a boat" it doesn't bother or matter me.

Why does it bother people one way or the other what other boaters chose to do (except for banging halyards as those people are scrum). Everyone is a boat snob it some form, that's just the way things are.
Old 31-08-2016, 05:47   #155

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38

Quote:

Yup, I've taken a few men to task regarding generalities about women. But, yes, everyone has limits. Mine was a water maker. Hauling water over long distances and of unknown quality is not appealing. When push came to shove though it was my man who wouldn't compromise. I'm eager enough to get going I am happy to swallow my complaints about hauling water. Thankfully the Wm was enough of a priority for us both that we won't do without.
Old 31-08-2016, 06:01   #156
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Professional therapy, motivational coach, or CF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Well Gadagirl, looks like you got your money's worth with this thread!
More like we've driven her to seek a Therapist...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 06:55   #157
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i do hope this is a joke thread as you all been verbalizing some baaad and inaccurate things about women.
it is no wonder ye havent one with ye cruising with the spew ye all blow.
damn. and ye actually verbalize disbelief that a woman would not want to sail with you.
helpful hint--it is NOT the crap boat nor the bs interior nor the missing anything--it IS having to be stuck in small place in middle of not being able to get away from
YOU
that you havent a sailing mate.
hahahahahahaha
it is not every lady's dream to be sailing a lovely ocean with an ass. if it were we would bring along a donkey and have it over with. ha ha haha ha... would also have land transportation with an ass... go figger. man is a 1 use only. use for keelhaul when they open mouths.
the ones seeking crew have yet to prove their alleged worth
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 07:07   #158
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i do hope this is a joke thread as you all been verbalizing some baaad and inaccurate things about women.
damn. and ye actually verbalize disbelief that a woman would not want to sail with you.
helpful hint--it is NOT the crap boat nor the bs interior nor the missing anything--it IS having to be stuck in small place in middle of not being able to get away from
YOU that you havent a sailing mate.
hahahahahahaha
it is not every lady's dream to be sailing a lovely ocean with an ass. if it were we would bring along a donkey and have it over with. ha ha haha ha... would also have transportation with an ass... go figger. man is a 1 use only. use for keelhaul when they open mouths.
I have no idea what any of your post means, maybe it's because I don't understand or speak pirate talk.

All I stated in an earlier post is that without a watermaker, electric flush toilets, a washing machine and genset, my wife and I wouldn't be interested in full time cruising. Whatever you want to do on your boat.... I couldn't care any less. It's your boat, your life. What we do on our boat is our life and our preferences.

We are two nurses doing the best we can, just as you are one nurse doing the best you can, let's not forget that.
Old 31-08-2016, 07:12   #159

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38

Quote:
YOU that you havent a sailing mate.
hahahahahahaha
it is not every lady's dream to be sailing a lovely ocean with an ass. if it were we would bring along a donkey and have it over with. ha ha haha ha... would also have transportation with an ass... go figger. man is a 1 use only. use for keelhaul when they open mouths.
Oh Zee! Priceless!

To be fair, not all men are asses and not all asses are men. Ive known a few women asses too.
Old 31-08-2016, 07:31   #160
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dreaming View Post
Oh Zee! Priceless!

To be fair, not all men are asses and not all asses are men. Ive known a few women asses too.
And let me add to this, that I've never met a man or woman who complained of having too many conveniences while out cruising. Powerboat or sailboat.

I've yet to hear:

"Oh if only I didn't have that generator...."

"Oh my God that watermaker is such a pain..."

"Oh how I hate my washing machine, if only I could go back to hauling my dirty clothes all over town... that would be heaven."
Old 31-08-2016, 07:47   #161

Boat: 1983 Aloha 34

Such ignorance. I love when men explain what women need and want. I prefer to keep it simple and I am glad we are going now. By the way beans and rice and rice and beans are delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 31-08-2016, 07:54   #162
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Quote:
And let me add to this, that I've never met a man or woman who complained of having too many conveniences while out cruising. Powerboat or sailboat.
Then why did you make a misogynist comment in the first place? You're deflecting again, and proving my theory that those that make these comments are usually the one with the same problem they are complaining about.
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 07:55   #163
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Quote:
it is NOT the crap boat nor the bs interior nor the missing anything--it IS having to be stuck in small place in middle of not being able to get away from
YOU
God I love this!
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 08:01   #164

Boat: a sailing boat

No. Not 'all'.

I was not expressing any bad nor inaccurate things about women.

If women read my posts and stand up I will read the comments, listen to the advice and adjust/correct my ways.

I do not like all that men / women paradigm. It feels archaic. Look around you see all the colours, all the varieties. Everyone is somewhat in between the archetypal poles.

I think ones that reject the % of their character that does not match some arbitrary (and religiously/politically driven) assigned sex and social role end up living incomplete lives.

If you are a freak in a society where this is an invective, get out, go elsewhere, stop trying to fit, for you won't.

If you are 100% happy in your male / female role, go ahead, try for presidency. I won't vote.

Cheers,
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 08:03   #165
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Professional therapy, motivational coach, or CF?

Quote:

I've yet to hear:

"Oh if only I didn't have that generator...."

"Oh my God that watermaker is such a pain..."

"Oh how I hate my washing machine, if only I could go back to hauling my dirty clothes all over town... that would be heaven."
Try asking this delivery skipper..
I ask the owners to pickle WM's if its a long trip.. and never used washing machines on them either..
Genset.. whole different thing...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote