Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: Firearms or Not? What Do You Think . . .
Yes, I think it's a good idea 108 36.36%
Bad Idea 96 32.32%
Not sure, both have merits and faults 93 31.31%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-09-2007, 19:49   #451

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Probably should have a look at yourselves as a nation before calling others "Drunk and Stupid" I was under the impression that the US were the world leaders in this behaviour.

Even worse is being "Drunk and Stupid" with a gun, which is certainly the impression the world has of a large portion of your population.

For those in the US that don't fit in the Drunk and Stupid category, my appologies, I realise that there are sober and smart people in the US as well, and being such, probably don't have guns.

Dave
Old 13-09-2007, 20:01   #452
mjt

Boat: Samson C-Shell 36
Dave, he is ambiguous (unless there is some hidden context), but Paul may have been referring to someone else.
Old 13-09-2007, 20:12   #453
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt View Post
Dave, he is ambiguous (unless there is some hidden context), but Paul may have been referring to someone else.
That's the way I read it, as well, but the ambiguity makes it impossible to know. I considered Paul's remark in the full context of his many sober and thoughtful posts, and concluded that he was directing his remark at the poster who started all this.

I hope I'm right.

TaoJones
Old 13-09-2007, 20:35   #454

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Call me a coward? Try doing that to my face one day Easy to be brave over the internet isn't it?
I did three tours in Viet Nam for a Democrat. One more fight wouldn't run me off! I've heard the call of Jolly Roger many times during my ventures in the South Pac. and I'm still here to fight again!!!

It's funny??? You would be willing to fight over words but not your inventory.

I don't know about your family but my wife, Filipina, would even pick up a gun to protect our inventory (worth a lot more then a measly $100). I can imagine what a store keeper's would be worth. A man with a Knife? Hell, I'd buy it from him for $100 if he were that bad off.

And why do I have to defend America. It'll all come out in the wash some day. Our fore fathers set up the Constitution to keep these gun controls out of the reach of outsiders and so far its working and for good reason. Now they are tring to invade us through the internet!

But that still doesn't mean I'm going cruising with weapons. It's against the law and that's what being a True American is all about. Law abiding Citizen's!!!

I know, Iraq! The Congress gave Bush permission to go under Clinton's surveillance information and then they turn around and stabbed him in the back when things started getting rough. Cowards!

BTW I'm not a Republician or a Democrat!
Old 13-09-2007, 21:54   #455
Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
Closing this thread as it has violated our rule of "Discussion of politics and religion is permitted only in association with the topic of this forum".
Closed Thread